Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-11, 02:45 PM   #1
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Bass caught so far in 2011

The wife and I are doing good so far this year. She has 13, I have 14. (all between 10 to 14 1/2". We saw one over 18" taking out last Sunday) We caught them all in a new FIN (fishing in neighborhood) pond at White Hall Historic House . They have just open this pond up to the public this year. They stocked it with over 1500 trout, it already had LM bass/spots, blue and channel cats, and bluegill. Nice large pond, no trees around to get in your way, they even killed all the catails around the pond so you can fish anywhere you like. I've been useing a pink W/pink blade roostertail in 1/16oz size, the wife been useing small minnow crackbait, 1 to 2" plastic minnows under a slipbobber. The most in one day for her was last Wed, she add 8, mine was last Sunday with 6. We hope this year is a better year for us catching wise.

Forgot to add she has caught 12 trout out of Mingo lake in Nicholasville that they stock yearly also. Man those trout are great eaten!! 10 to 13"

Last edited by bassfisher; 02-26-11 at 02:58 PM.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 02:59 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Boy am I jealous!!! Were still a frozen tundra up here. Nice to hear your having a ball catchin bass with your wife. ^5
Old 02-26-11, 03:06 PM   #3
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I went out a few Monday ago to Taylorsville lake, it had ice only by the horseshoe bend area that was paper thin, the rest was clear. Water temp was about 40F. Got skunked, not even a bite.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 03:22 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a blast, I'm even more jealous then keith though cause it'll be winter, longer here! Sounds like a senko kinda place to me btw, that and a spinnerbait might do good.

Also, if you wanna make a secrete hot spot, might I recommend throwing a big branch in the water. Bass will gravitate around it if the lake doesn't have much cover.
~~~
After reading that last post above, sounds like a suspending jerkbait might do well. Good luck out there man, catch a few for me.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.