Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-09, 09:35 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Property Rezoning

Me and my wife just built a house last summer , and the property behind us sold to a developer. I am not real concerned about houses back there , but he is wanting to rezone from S1 to R2 , which basically means he will be able to build more houses on smaller lots. I dont want to risk getting anexed into city limits , and I am afraid all these 300K houses will look pretty good to the citys tax base. I realize I cannot stop him from building , but I am going to try to stop him from building so many. I also found out he is putting a road just behind my property line , and I currently have children playing back there , meaning I am going to have to put up a fence , which he didnt offer to help pay for. What all kinds of things should I bring up at the zoning meeting ? I got 4 other neighbors going so far.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 11:09 PM   #2
cassidyta

I think the child safety is the number one thing to focus on. I would also mention the drain on the water supply. If you can not stop it, then I would make them put up a fence to keep your kids and pets safe.
The one silver lining is that it should help your house price along the way.
Old 03-30-09, 02:13 PM   #3
66KingFisher

Zoning laws are great aren't they.......When we purchased our first home, we settled on one that backed up to a creek, so we had a great view of over a half mile beyond the creek with no homes behind us....just a soccer park......8 yrs later the city decided they needed extra flood control along the creek and the built a huge concrete dam right behind our house, just 6ft from our back fence.....We suddenly had no view of anything but a concrete wall and dam.....needless to say it wasn't long before we moved.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 03:50 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

I would say this at the town hall meeting. I may not beable to stop you from developing this property. But if are conditions are not met. I will be on you like white on rice about every little thing until you agree to help. If not i'm going drain you dry trying. That will get his atention. It will work them guy's have very tight budgets. Court, & zoning changes & what can underly that buget.
Old 03-30-09, 05:01 PM   #5
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I would ask:

What's the environmental impact of this development? It's my understanding that certain areas are not deemed viable to build on because of the soil makeup.

How will these homes impact the infrastructure of the town..specifically the school systems (are the schools overcrowded now?)

Good Luck
Old 03-31-09, 05:56 PM   #6
CMorg

Thanks for all your input. My lawyer got em today , on a technicallity , he " forgot " to mention the date and time of the zoning boards meeting. Now it is pushed off another month , and he has to resend everyone letters , the correct way this time. He also just left here and basically offered to sell us 5 acres behind our 4 acres , and then he wouldnt build on those lots...I havent gotten a price yet , but I think it will be outta our price range ? That would be ideal though , and if we ever decided to move those 5 acres in his subdivision would be worth alot more after he gets it all finished , plus the two acres beside my 9 month old house, and my house on two acres...wow , that could be some pretty good profit in time.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.