Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-09, 01:33 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Surgery went ok.......

I thought since i'd mentioned in a previous thread that I was worried about my upcoming heart surgery that'd i'd post a follow up for those of you that were kind enough to inquire.....the surgery was yesterday and went without a hitch....thank you God.

Fortunately or unfortunately....depending on how you look at it.....the doctors did not find any clogged arteries or other problems during the procedure.....thats great news on one hand....but on the other hand the question of "WHY" do I have chestpain regularly, and why do I have these periodic attacks, that feel like heart attacks but aren't??

I dunno....and I'm beginning to realize that the doctors dunno either...."Oh well".....I guess the main thing is i'm still here and still kickin....still get to bounce the grandbaby on my knee, and give my kids a hug.....even get to go fishin occasionally when someone takes me, although thats only been once this year.....guess life ain't all bad huh? LOL....I'd still rather be above ground dealing with all these issues than not. Anyway....thanks to all of you that showed concern....that really ment alot.....I pray that i'll be able to meet and fish with some of you fine folks, someday.....God bless ya'll.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-09, 01:37 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

kingfisher,
i am really glad that the surgery went well. i know that on one hand you would rather them be able to find a problem to explain the issues you are having but like you said, it's also good that they didn't find anything serious. glad you are doing well and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Old 04-01-09, 01:54 PM   #3
1/4 stick

Maybe you're having panic attacks Kingfisher. A lot of folks have them and don't even realize it. They don't think there's anything going on to have them over, the human body is a strange thing, reacts oddly to odd things sometimes. I hope you find out what it is and get it looked after though. And I'm glad your surgery went ok for ya. I'll throw up a prayer for your continued health.
Old 04-01-09, 02:11 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

I'm glad it went well, but I agree, I'd rather them be able to point at something and say "There's the problem." We'll be praying that they figure it out and fix you up. That grandbaby needs a granddad for a long long time.
Old 04-01-09, 02:35 PM   #5
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Congrats on the good news...on a side note, what's your diet like? A lot of chest pain can come from gastric digestive problems...did you go to the cath lab? It's amazing what they can do now, isn't it...I ate hot/spicy foods for years and eventually it lead to serious chest pain (in my 20's) My ol' lady has taken all my hot peppers and sauces away and it's gotten a lot better over the past year.
Old 04-01-09, 03:00 PM   #6
bcklash

Glad to hear the good news and they will fix you and you will be able to take the grandbabies fishing for a long time.
Old 04-01-09, 03:18 PM   #7
Bassboss

That's great news man! I hope you get out and fish soon!

Get well soon!
Old 04-01-09, 03:22 PM   #8
Bassin21
BassFishin.Com Member

Great news. Glad to hear everything went well.
Bassin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-09, 03:55 PM   #9
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

glad to here everything went fine. I know how you feel, they can not figure out my wifes problems either. Shs has seen many doctors and have recieved many tests but the doctors guess and then after they treat it they realize they don't know whats wrong. ITs good when they realiza it is not somethig huge but then it makes you wonder WHY? Just like you said. I will continue to pray. We are still witing word on the last test.
Old 04-01-09, 06:25 PM   #10
bamabassman

great news 66. but i, like the others, would not stop till they figured out what is going on. keep us posted please.
Old 04-01-09, 06:27 PM   #11
Jim80

glad to hear it went ok man ,

Jim
Old 04-01-09, 06:49 PM   #12
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Stinks that they didn't find a reason, but great news that the surgery went well!
Old 04-01-09, 08:30 PM   #13
66KingFisher

Thanks for all the well wishes guys....I really appreciate it.

Jason....My diets not bad....even though I do eat a fair amount of spicy food(the wife works for a mexican restaurant, so you can imagine).....The fact is,i've lowered my cholesterol 102 points just by adjusting my diet over the past few years....no pills or exercise.....just diet change and my doctors are very happy with my progress in that area even though they still want it a bit lower....its only 110 now but they want it below 70 so I finally broke down and agreed to start taking a statin pill everyday to help lower it on down.....Man I hate takin pills.....and they just added 3 more after the surgery....lol.

I was diagnosed with an ulcer in my teens and have delt with heartburn of one sort or another most of my adult life and I can assure you that I can tell the difference between gastrointestinal pain and cardio pain. Now days I don't suffer much gastro problems like I used to....Pills like Prilosec or Prevacid have long since taken care of those issues.....My problems are definately cardio related.

I suffered a massive heart attack in 95 that left my heart damaged....I was told the odds of surviving that attack at my age then of 38 were 5%, and chances are i'd be dead inside of 10 yrs because of the damage....that was 14 years ago....Guess i'm just on borrowed time and will have to deal with these problems until that time runs out. It just gets frustrating dealing with problems and not being able to figure out whats wrong.....Its too bad they can just pull out a bad part and throw in a good one to see if that'll fix it like an auto mechanic might do....lol

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Michael

Last edited by 66KingFisher; 04-01-09 at 09:03 PM.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-09, 08:46 PM   #14
carolina-rig-01

man glad you are doing well. but i don't believe in borrowed time. it's a phrase that gets thrown around a lot and in a lot of cases it may be true but as far as a life goes, there is a good reason you are still here and you will stay here with us until the man calls your number. just keep doing your part by doing all you can to stay healthy and let the chips fall where they may. if you ever need someone to talk with just holler buddy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.