Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-12, 06:25 PM   #1
Whopper Stopper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default How I love my bait caster.

Every once in a while I find myself in the mood for a good kick in the teeth. When this happens I always dig out my Fenwick 7’ medium heavy, with its Shimano Curado bantam bait caster. It is very exhilarating to know that by the third cast I can expect a birds nest the size of an old hand made kitten ball. I have been trying to use a bait caster for years for throwing bass baits, and for years my ineptness has never disappointed me.
I use a bait caster for musky. I have 100 pound power pro on it. I can throw baits for 12 hours and not have any problems. When I try to use the Curado with light braid line it’s like poking a guard dog with a sharp stick. I may get by once or twice, but sure as heck, by throw number I am rewarded with a home big bird would be proud of.
Can anyone offer any help or thoughts?
WS
Whopper Stopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.