Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-09, 12:13 AM   #1
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries!

As a meatcutter I should know better and should have followed my own preaching. So I owe no one blame but myself. I look in the grocery store ad and see catfish nuggets for 99 cent a pound. My experiance tells me that something is fishy, but catfish sounded good so off I went. Wasn't any in the counter, so I ask for it. He gives me a big clear bag of frozen nuggets. I can't tell you how many times I've told folks, "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away."

But nope the taste of catfish was all I could think about, so I took it, fried it. I knew it had probably been frozen since the last ice age, but greed got the better of me, and it looked ok. I got to tell ya, few things taste like catfish that's been frozen way too long. There's not enough lemon, tarter sauce, hot sauce, nor cocktail sauce to burn that taste away. And I have a feeling no matter how much mouthwash, nor how many times I brush my tooth... that taste is gonna be there with a vengance sometime in the middle of my slumber.

I'm just glad I'd made plenty of home fries and hushpuppies, else I'd still be hungry.

The moral of this drawn out whine session is to warn my brethren.... "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away."

Thank you for your time, and I prey I was early enough to save the lives of those that might catch the same sale. Now I'm gonna go chew on some gun powder to see if that gets rid of the taste. I just hope those knocks I got to the head in football as a child won't cause me to forget and light a smoke..

{{{BOOM!!!!}}}

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.