Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-10, 05:19 PM   #1
Stephen Fatherree
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Fork Report

The bass here at Lake Fork are currently being caught all over the lake on main lake structures such as points, roadbeds, humps, and ledges. We have been fishing in 15-25 foot of water through schools of bass and underneath baitfish. The best baits for us have been 3/4 oz green pumpkin football head jigs, 3/4 oz carolina rigs with a 2-4 ft leader and a F-5 Hags Tornado ring fry bait. When you graph suspended fish cast a spoon or deep diving crankbait through these fish to get them to bite. Sometimes it takes a few casts to find these small groups of suspended bass.

On cloudy and rainy days fish a little shallower in 8-12 feet with the same baits. Focus on fishing the south end of the lake along the edges of grass lines. Also a yellow magic topwater bait twitched slowly around the grass and pads will catch some great fish, as well as casting a 1/2oz carolina rig with a 1 foot leader and a zoom super fluke on the grass edges in 8-10 foot of water. Make sure you focus on areas of the grass where it forms a point or ditch.

See videos for lures and techniques:
http://www.mylakeforkguide.com

Good Luck Fishing!! Feel free to call me or PM me with any questions regarding some fishing tips to make the best of your trip here on Lake Fork! I hope this report is helpful to all Lake Fork fishing fans. Thank you to all of my customers/friends for making this a great year so far!

Stephen Fatherree

"Redefining the expectations of a fishing guide one client at a time!"

- phone
: (214) 215-9854
- web: www.mylakeforkguide.com
- email: contact@mylakeforkguide.com
Stephen Fatherree is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.