Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-09, 01:01 PM   #1
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Have to apologize to nofearengineer

He was right, the air bladders of fish is what fish finders pick up, again I apologize. I want to expand what I know about fishing, that’s why I’m on this site.
In looking for air bladder fish finder I also learned about dead zones, not picking up fish, fish bigger-smaller then they are. Also the fish above the weed are not feeding, if they are feeding they go into the weed to ambush their pray, that the fish finder don’t pick up.
Thanks, I’m becoming a better fisherman from maybe hitting on someone to give me what they know!
Old 06-22-09, 01:18 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

engineer's is never wrong didn't ya know dat....

zooker
Old 06-22-09, 01:35 PM   #3
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah he always seems to be right.... smart guy i guess
Old 06-22-09, 02:00 PM   #4
bassFishingWNY

Unbelievable is all, I have to say!

Always RIGHT????

This site is going to the dogs!!

Suck A$$, yes GOOD!!

I didn't apologize to to be run down, but the small minds here, that's all they know!!
Old 06-22-09, 02:07 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

What the hell are you talking about? Who is running you down? If you're talking about Zooker's post, he was being FUNNY, but I guess that one sailed right over your head. Nobody said anything derogatory about you (on this thread, at least).

If you're deliberately looking for insults, you'll find them everywhere. But if you read and try to understand the actual meaning of the words, you'll notice that nobody is insulting you.....

YET.
Old 06-22-09, 02:14 PM   #6
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Who is running you down? If you're talking about Zooker's post, he was being FUNNY, but I guess that one sailed right over your head. Nobody said anything derogatory about you (on this thread, at least).

If you're deliberately looking for insults, you'll find them everywhere. But if you read and try to understand the actual meaning of the words, you'll notice that nobody is insulting you.....

YET.
The click, if you are not in it, your stupid!
I'm not in the CLICK, so I'm the outcast!

I'm here to learn about fishing, no how great someone is!!!
Old 06-22-09, 02:27 PM   #7
brushhog

WNY,

You got a bit of a hair trigger friend... relax. If you've been reading the site, you'll find that there is a great deal of good natured ribbin' that goes on here. If I'm not mistaken, Zooker's shot was reall y aimed at Nofear...

I' m sure some guys are going to jump on you now.. I hope not. It is easy to misinterpret peoples tone on a message board. No one here has ill intentions, the people who do show up here with bad intentions simply don't last.

Re-read posts before you react so harshly...
Old 06-22-09, 02:27 PM   #8
nofearengineer

Wow....

I logged on to respond to this after my lunch hour.

At the time, it was only the post by WNY.

I was going to say that it was no big deal, everything was cool, as long as he understood that he didn't have to apologize for being wrong, as everyone is wrong from time to time.

I was only taking him to task for being rude about it, accusing me of making fun of him and whatnot when I clearly hadn't. But it was still going to be cool...he was stepping up and apologizing.

But what a change 60 minutes makes. Holy crap!

WNY...nobody here has made any unprovoked remarks against you. I just don't understand why you insist on seeing insults in every post you read. It's the kind of thing that makes people not want to talk to you.

Which brings me to my other point...I don't consciously try to be a big know-it-all; it just comes naturally to me! I'm not always right either... (a buddy of mine would say "au contraire, mon frere!"), I have my dumb-*** moments too, quite a few actually. But I read a lot, and I'm privy to a lot of useful (to some I guess) information. Just like WTL can catch 73,654 bass a year (and still counting! ), I'm good at technical stuff, and I don't mind sharin' the goods. IF you have an expertise in something, preach on...I'll sit back and listen (and maybe argue the finer points later ).
Old 06-22-09, 02:34 PM   #9
brushhog

PS- I was unaware of the air bladder thing too... and I consider myself a super-genius!
Old 06-22-09, 02:56 PM   #10
bassFishingWNY

THE CLICK!
You see only a few of the thousands of members post, always the same ones. Why is that? It the click, if you don't fit in, your the outcast!
I tell it like I see it, not by what others tell of me!
Some people spread false info because they are in the click, and the members here say they are great, and never wrong! A lot here are wrong, a lot of the times, but they are in the CLICK!! Only the CLICK say thing that are right!!
I'm me, if you don't like it, boot me!! I'm sure the CLICK will come after me again, I'm ready!!
Old 06-22-09, 03:08 PM   #11
nofearengineer

I give up, dude. But I will say this...if you're gonna go to the trouble of CAPITALIZING a word four times in your post, for the love of God please spell it right. It's "clique."
Old 06-22-09, 03:11 PM   #12
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I give up, dude. But I will say this...if you're gonna go to the trouble of CAPITALIZING a word four times in your post, for the love of God please spell it right. It's "clique."
And you use correct grammar!!!
Old 06-22-09, 03:16 PM   #13
nofearengineer

Which organization's rules would you like me to adhere to, APA or MLA? Maybe you'd like to correct my grammar infractions in the passage you quoted me on? I'm waiting, Sir.
Old 06-22-09, 03:24 PM   #14
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Which organization's rules would you like me to adhere to, APA or MLA? Maybe you'd like to correct my grammar infractions in the passage you quoted me on? I'm waiting, Sir.
I can do it, and you can't
Old 06-22-09, 03:29 PM   #15
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Man, what a way to kick off the summer! Good air in...bad air out...repeat...LOL
Old 06-22-09, 03:36 PM   #16
dave

We all know about arguing on the internet don't we? It's just like competing in the Special Olympics, you may win but, you're still retarded.
Old 06-22-09, 03:39 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
THE CLICK!
You see only a few of the thousands of members post, always the same ones. Why is that? It the click, if you don't fit in, your the outcast!
I tell it like I see it, not by what others tell of me!
Some people spread false info because they are in the click, and the members here say they are great, and never wrong! A lot here are wrong, a lot of the times, but they are in the CLICK!! Only the CLICK say thing that are right!!
I'm me, if you don't like it, boot me!! I'm sure the CLICK will come after me again, I'm ready!!
I'm sorry, but that's insane. There is a real reason only a fraction of the members post. For one, a lot of people come on to ask one question or sell one thing and never come back. A lot of people join and never come back, I've done this on other forums that I just kinda forget about.

Quote:
I was thinking that, but didn't want to say it.

Quote:
And you use correct grammar!!!
Yes, using correct grammar helps people understand your posts.

Quote:
Now you're just being a smart azz!

Quote:
I can do it, and you can't
Now you're acting like a 1st grader...

BB
Old 06-22-09, 03:40 PM   #18
BigBassin144

Oh, and someone asked about what's the forum word for people trying to cause trouble. That would be a Troll.

I have to admit, the guys here, including me, do a lot of joking around, but I think that's what makes this website so great. We're all (for the most part I guess) comfortable enough with each other to make jokes like this without people blowing up (for the most part I guess). And we all know that the jokes made here about people are made in fun.

BB
Old 06-22-09, 03:54 PM   #19
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KK3...rom=PL&index=5

First 20 seconds say enough.

BB
Old 06-22-09, 04:22 PM   #20
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Now you're just being a smart azz!

Haha, yeah you're right. I'll stop being so pedantic now. I was just having some fun, but I don't want to become the monster I slay. I'll save my smart-a$$ comments for the good times!
Old 06-22-09, 04:40 PM   #21
brushhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
We all know about arguing on the internet don't we? It's just like competing in the Special Olympics, you may win but, you're still retarded.
Tht is tremendously funny... insensitive and boorish, but funny!
Old 06-22-09, 05:02 PM   #22
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Hah now where have i heard this before...

anyhow, i think this thread needs to be locked. there is no "clique" here, just members who like each other. The whole site is open to each other. You don't see much bashing going down here, maybe some light jesting, but bashing comes around once in a blue moon when someone is starting problems. Just relax

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.