Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-12, 08:12 AM   #26
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I will not lament his passing.
There are always a couple on internet sites that enjoy stirring things up in somewhat nasty, rude and inappropriate ways - I just don't understand why. Most lose interest and go away after a while but some, like a bad penny, keep showing up. I've seen a couple here that I could certainly do without and many are no longer posting - guess they lost interest.

The one thing BF.com lacks, that other boards have, is a moderator that can exercise some control. Kevin seems to have gone on to other things and is not checking his website and taking charge and no other has been given the authority to maintain some sembalance of order in his absence. The vast majority here are decent folks, but who could be entrusted with the above mentioned authority? I know on the other boards when an individual gets out of line, he gets warned and if he continues he bad behavoir, then is banned from further participation.

Also, in instances such as began this post, if a deal goes wrong the moderators and owners get involved and usually any "scam" gets straightend out. Recently, on another board, there was a scammer that cheated several members out of merchandise - some of it on the pricey side. As I said, the moderators and owner went after the scammer, eventually getting local police involved and most, if not all, the "stolen" merchandise was returned. It turned out the scammer was a minor and his parents were unaware - so they also got involved in the restitution.

I mention the above example, to explain why I would be cautious in purchasing anything above nominal value from someone I don't know - from an internet posting. ESPECIALLY from a website that does not have the power or authority to help rectify a bad deal. I'm not saying the OP is running a scam, nor am I saying I would implicitly trust anyone I don't know (that particularly applies to a first time poster) when consideralbe money is at risk. I'm relatively certain the OP is an honest guy with a valid offer but at the same time that little guy in the back of my head says - WARNING, WARNING Will Robinson.............

New guys, hopefully can understand my concerns. If not, turn it around 180 degrees. AND this is only for discussion sake as I don't need another 10" sonar/GPS. What if I said: send me the Lowrance, let me check it out and if it's as advertised - THEN I'll send you the $2000. Would that give you pause? The OP does not know me but I'm sure a couple guys might vouch for my integrity (hopefully) would he still be a bit concerned? I think I would be in his place, just as I am with the original offer.

In order to sell items on a board like this, I would think most would understand the importance of getting known and establishing some credibility and trust. In cases where that hasn't been done, the better option would be offer it on a site like Ebay or Craig's List where there is some protection for both buyer and seller. That's the problem with sites like this one - there is no protection for either or recourse for deals that are bogus.

The best scammers work the angles, use a lot of nice words, and attest to their honesty and good intentions, ie: "TRUST ME". They sound just like a good, honest guy offering a deal - how do you tell them apart? You cannot until it's too late and therefore caution throws up a red light for me whenever a situation - like this one- comes up. It's truely unfortunate, that everyone cannot be trusted on initial contact, that ruins it for everyone. But trust and credibility must be earned because of that fact.

This is why I spoke my mind in my original response to this post. Maybe I didn't go deep enough in explaining my concerns and insulted the seller, I did not intend to so. This is an unregulated web site, and therfore (IMO) people need to exercise additional caution to protect themselves, and those newbies need to understand the basis for their caution and the need to establish their credibility before engaging in sales of expensive items that pose a substantial financial risk.

If Cblainz71 wishes to continue as a member here on BF.com, I certainly welcome his participation going forward. Conversely, in all honesty, if this is the only post he makes then I think my caution was prudent. I sincerely hope the former is the path chosen, new blood is always good.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:36 AM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i have read ALL of these comments and i concur with bruce. Cblains71, please understand our concerns and we DO hope that oyu continue to be a part of this site. as bruce said, "new blood is always good". i do not have the money to buy said item and at the same time if i did i too would be concerned since this was your first post.
like bruce said, switch roles and see this as a member of long standing and oyu'll understand.

now let's all get over this and move on.
Old 06-08-12, 12:35 PM   #28
Cblainez71
BassFishin.Com Member

Default No worries...

Hey guys, don't worry I'm not taking it personally. I understand where you're coming from and appreciate the fact that the members of this forum look out for one another. I'm actually pretty impressed as one of the forum members (MississippiBoy) sent me a nice message welcoming me to the forum.

The fact of the matter is that I purchased the unit at a discount due to the damaged box and bent bracket. It was a good deal and I fully intended to keep for my own use (which I still may). I've had some other issues come up and thought if I could sell it I would. To be honest, I thought if I could make a couple of bucks on it and the potential seller could save a few bucks it would be a win/win. It's as simple as that. If it doesn't sell and I decide not to keep it I'll simply take it back the store and get my money back.

As for posting it on this site I thought it made sense since the forum members are fisherman like myself. I'd come across a link to this forum on another forum I frequent and thought why not. I do have it listed locally on Craiglist and have someone that is supposed to look at it this weekend.

As with anything it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Maybe I priced it too high to begin with. I've lowered the asking price to $1,850. If someone is interested, feel free to contact me. If not, no hard feelings.

And just to show that I'm a standup guy, attached is a photo of myself with a nice largemouth I caught this spring on Table Rock using the Alabama Rig. That rig may catch fish, but it wore me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris Largemouth Alabama Rig.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	7971  
Cblainez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 07:18 PM   #29
nobass

i also read all the post on this. and you seem to be one of the guys mississippi boy was talking about . welcome to our world keep us posted on your fishing and anything eles
Old 06-08-12, 08:45 PM   #30
bamabassman

OK..now YA MADE ME MAD!!! bwaahahahahahaha, joking of course. see, i have thrown that A-RIG for an entire DAY and got ZILCH!! then oyu post up this HUGE sow belly PIG of a bass. lmao!!!

great bass buddy. and we are extremily impressed that you have stuck with us through all of this. that alone tells me what kind of MAN oyu are.

WELCOME cblain, welocme with all our respect and we all (yes i am speaking for EVRYONE here....cause i said so,lol) are happy to have oyu around.

as you will be told and will read, i am more or less the clown round here. DINK MASTER GALORE. and PROUD of it. hahaa!

IF i had the money, i WOULD be interested in your unit. but alais, i am so poor i can't aford to pay attention.

but PLEASE, stick around and get to know everyone else here. post up as many pics of THOSE kinds of bass as oyu can. one thing we love here, is BASS PICS. also, boat pics, babes in bikinis...well you get the idea.

and i will tell oyu this, mississippiboy is a TRULY wonderful fella. i have been to his house and he to mine. love his family to death. wonderful people who will do EXACTLY what he said, if i needed him, truly needed him, he'd be here in 6 hrs. and i would do the same for him among a few others on this board.

so welcome once again, kick off yer shoes and don't have a mouthfull of something when you read some of the stuff on here. computers are expensive and it's hard to explain to some that you ruined it by spitting coffee or something while reading stuff here.

uumm, one more thing pal....next pic oyu need ot have a better shirt on.....corn huskers? hahahaha, ROLL TIDE PAL!! (another joke)
Old 06-08-12, 08:51 PM   #31
Jrob78

That's a great looking bass! I'm really sorry that you got caught up in this mess. We made a pretty poor accounting of ourselves, like Bama said, thanks for sticking around. You seem like a good dude and we would love to have you as a part of our forum. Despite how this thread went, there are some really good people here and it's generally drama free. Please stick around and talk some fishing with us. Oh and good luck selling your unit.
Old 06-08-12, 09:37 PM   #32
carolina-rig-01

Cblainez, welcome to the site. I hope you get your graph sold. If anyone here is interested in buying this unit and you are willing to, I would be willing to meet you halfway and take a look at the graph for the potential buyer. I have been around here for a while, made tons of friends on here, and would like to think that a potential buyer would be willing to trust me with something like that. I just thought I would offer to do that so that it might help you get it sold.

I am glad that you joined the site and I hope you hang around, we need all the Missouri boys we can get on here just to keep that bamabassman fella in line. I fish Table Rock some, but not as often as I used to since most of my tournaments are on Grand Lake. But who knows we may run into each other one day on the Rock.

Mississippiboy, I really don't think anyone can sum up the Vegas situation any better than you did buddy. I really hope I was included in the group of people you would go help because Britney and I would head south in a heartbeat if you guys ever needed us. Which reminds me, when are you guys going to come up here so Lake and Caitlyn can play and you and I can go fishing? I would even allow you to bring John as long as he promised to bring Lisa to keep him under control.
Old 06-08-12, 09:45 PM   #33
lilmule

Nice bass but you can keep that white stuff.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 10:53 PM   #34
Cblainez71
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
OK..now YA MADE ME MAD!!! bwaahahahahahaha, joking of course. see, i have thrown that A-RIG for an entire DAY and got ZILCH!! then oyu post up this HUGE sow belly PIG of a bass. lmao!!!

great bass buddy. and we are extremily impressed that you have stuck with us through all of this. that alone tells me what kind of MAN oyu are.

WELCOME cblain, welocme with all our respect and we all (yes i am speaking for EVRYONE here....cause i said so,lol) are happy to have oyu around.

as you will be told and will read, i am more or less the clown round here. DINK MASTER GALORE. and PROUD of it. hahaa!

IF i had the money, i WOULD be interested in your unit. but alais, i am so poor i can't aford to pay attention.

but PLEASE, stick around and get to know everyone else here. post up as many pics of THOSE kinds of bass as oyu can. one thing we love here, is BASS PICS. also, boat pics, babes in bikinis...well you get the idea.

and i will tell oyu this, mississippiboy is a TRULY wonderful fella. i have been to his house and he to mine. love his family to death. wonderful people who will do EXACTLY what he said, if i needed him, truly needed him, he'd be here in 6 hrs. and i would do the same for him among a few others on this board.

so welcome once again, kick off yer shoes and don't have a mouthfull of something when you read some of the stuff on here. computers are expensive and it's hard to explain to some that you ruined it by spitting coffee or something while reading stuff here.

uumm, one more thing pal....next pic oyu need ot have a better shirt on.....corn huskers? hahahaha, ROLL TIDE PAL!! (another joke)
LOL. I knew the minute I posted that picture that some of the guys down in SEC country would give me a hard time. I'm a die hard Husker fan. Hopefully we can turn the corner soon and get back to the glory days of the 90's. Go Big Red!
Cblainez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 07:18 AM   #35
bamabassman

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I HEAR YA MAN!! yeah, i am probably the worst one here when it comes to college football. ain't got a problem with oyu rooting fer some corn shucking kids for real. i just love college football. yes i love the CRIMSON TIDE. but it is ALL in good fun for real. ya'll are coming up. still gonna take ya'll a cpl more years though. but i do like oyur coach.

take care and like we all said, stick around here. we are a lot of fun pal.
Old 06-09-12, 08:50 AM   #36
bassboogieman

Quote:
yes i love the CRIMSON TIDE
That nickname had to have be thought up by a Gynecologist....................
And it should be FLOW Tide, rather than Roll Tide, 'cause everyone knows tides don't roll, they flow, be it ocean, or river or "others".................
Just pokin' the possum.....................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 10:09 AM   #37
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Mississippiboy, I really don't think anyone can sum up the Vegas situation any better than you did buddy. I really hope I was included in the group of people you would go help because Britney and I would head south in a heartbeat if you guys ever needed us. Which reminds me, when are you guys going to come up here so Lake and Caitlyn can play and you and I can go fishing? I would even allow you to bring John as long as he promised to bring Lisa to keep him under control.

Damn right you were included in that group, maybe even in the top 5. You were also in the second group, no doubt.
We keep talking about getting together, but nothing ever comes of it. It's gotta happen sometime, definitely.
Matter of fact, I'm gonna send you a PM in a minute...
Old 06-09-12, 04:45 PM   #38
lilmule

Dunno bout you guys,rooten for all them underdogs

We are Marshall
The thundering herd
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 09:29 PM   #39
bamabassman

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA MULEY!!!! YOU GO MAN!!!!

but i bet mb has me in the BOTTOM of his list, lol!!!!!

AND BRUCE.............flow or roll, it don't matter.......cuz we will ALWAYS go OVER YA!!! roll tide roll baby!!!! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

cblainz...jsut so oyu understand, i ain't the BAD kind of bama fan, i can take all the jokes anyone can dish out. i just love having fun with it. even if we lose i can take it. jsut that here lately.........we ain't been losing much. hehehehe!!!
Old 06-09-12, 10:03 PM   #40
carolina-rig-01

Quote:

cblainz...jsut so oyu understand, i ain't the BAD kind of bama fan
I never knew there was any other kind
Old 06-10-12, 02:38 PM   #41
bcklash

Quote:
I never knew there was any other kind
He must not have seen this yet.
Old 06-10-12, 04:21 PM   #42
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
He must not have seen this yet.
Being from Alabama, he may still by reading it.
Old 06-10-12, 05:40 PM   #43
bcklash

Quote:
Being from Alabama, he may still by reading it.
I hate when I spit my Mt. Dew all over everything.
Old 06-10-12, 07:06 PM   #44
kennethdaysale

What does the U of A have in common with a 100 yr old womens genitalia?
Everbody knows it's down there ......but they just don't care.
Old 06-10-12, 07:09 PM   #45
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
what does the u of a have in common with a 100 yr old womens genitalia?
Everbody knows it's down there ......but they just don't care.
hahahahaha!!!
Old 06-10-12, 09:24 PM   #46
bamabassman

this is SOOOO funny fellas. but let me ask you this. how many TROPHIES can you TRIP over in YOUR college's trophy room?

i can take it, cuz oyu know we gonna whup on ya if ya decide to play us.

side note....cblainz...have you noticed how the thread has turned? told you we were a kooky bunch didn't i? hahahahaha!! i love these guys for real.
Old 06-10-12, 11:08 PM   #47
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
this is SOOOO funny fellas. but let me ask you this. how many TROPHIES can you TRIP over in YOUR college's trophy room?

i can take it, cuz oyu know we gonna whup on ya if ya decide to play us.
Awww hell, here we go again with this crap LOL.
Old 06-11-12, 08:01 PM   #48
bamabassman

truth hurts huh kory? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.