Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-07, 07:38 AM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Ideas for Sponsors

My brother and I have a chance to get a sponsor for our fishing next season. Mike works at a GMC dealership and the owner said he is willing to give us some money for next season. He wants us to put together a proposal for what we are going to do as far as promoting the dealership. We plan on getting hats and shirts with the dealers name all over it. My brother is going to put the name on the boat and maybe on the truck. We are also thinking about getting flyers made and putting them on the windshield of the trucks in the parking lot at the ramp each tournament. Do you guys have any ideas of some things we can do or that you do to help promote the sponsor? We are looking at being able to get enough money to fish both Castaways and the FOM serieses next season. I'm pretty pumped about that! Thanks for any advice!

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 09:57 AM   #2
Nitro911

Two things I think I would do. First, ask the owner what he would like done in exchange for the money, and make sure to include that in the proposal. Second, make sure that your t-shirts/hats/fliers, etc don't cost you more money than you stand to make up in sponsorship dollars. If it costs you $50 to make $500, then it works out well.
Old 07-19-07, 10:21 AM   #3
BassAddict

We are looking at getting $1,500-$2,000 for the season. $2K will cover shirts, entry fees, hotels, and some gas. $1.5K will cover all entry fees and hotels. We are definately doing the shirts and hats and the company will come up with the flyers. I feel like after talking to the owner we will get the $2K. We may even get to use one of the service trucks (covered with company logo's) to haul the boat to the tournaments.

Quote:
Two things I think I would do. First, ask the owner what he would like done in exchange for the money
That's what he wants us to come up with in the proposal.

Eric
Old 07-19-07, 10:41 AM   #4
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sounds like you have a plan as far as putting names on shirts and hats. That would be the best advertisement until you can get to the point of doing trade shows.

Please, DO NOT put flyers on windshields. Although they seem like a good idea, think of the first place those flyers are going to end up; lying in the parking lot alongside all of those trucks and I don't think your sponsor will like receiving a call from the local authorities asking them to stop littering up all the boat ramps with their flyers.

Good luck with it and I hope you do some good.
Old 07-19-07, 11:20 AM   #5
azsportsman
BassFishin.Com Member

When you put your proposal together, make sure you put numbers in there. What I mean is, don't just say we will put the logo on the truck, put it in terms something like this....Logo on truck that is used for tournaments and personal use. Drive x number of miles per day to work that results in x number of "views", then drive x number of miles to tournaments that results in another x number of "views". Also use your email and posting on fourms such as this as well. Again use numbers....part of x number of fishing forums that has a combined x numbers of users and posters and I/we make x number of posts. Same with email. and tell them you will put them in your signature with an active/click able link to their site(if they have one), but at least put their name in your signature. What ALL sponsors are looking for is the exposure(which usually translates into more sales). But in driving to/from work and tourneys, combined with additional exposure on forums and emails that translates to many more "views" than they could get with local advertising. Another thing you can do is create a web page. There are two that I have found that are like myspace but are designed for anglers. Put their logo on it and there is more exposure for them. Of coarse these are some basic examples and are not all encompassing, but it should give you some ideas. Bottom line though is show them the numbers, it might impress them more than they thought and you might set y our self up for more money or other money sponsors. For example they talk to a buddy that owns a store and says look at the advertising I got for only 2k. It it a two way street. The 2 sites I mentioned are http://fishingfiles.com. The are both free. I hope I helped some and if you have any other questions. Just ask I will try and help. Another source of information is http://www.fishforfree.com
azsportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 11:33 AM   #6
azsportsman
BassFishin.Com Member

How come the post I made this morning is not showing up?
Old 07-19-07, 11:39 AM   #7
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

its under message board forum

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=12854
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 12:05 PM   #8
azsportsman
BassFishin.Com Member

That is not the one. I did a long one this morning adressing teh question. WHen I hit post a message/page flashed that said something about a moderator, but then it redirected back to this thread and I couldn't read everything it said.
Old 07-19-07, 06:35 PM   #9
azsportsman
BassFishin.Com Member

I posted twice here and neither one shows up but this one I am doing right now does. What gives?
Old 07-19-07, 06:48 PM   #10
ILfishinman

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

it showing now
Old 07-19-07, 07:16 PM   #11
azsportsman
BassFishin.Com Member

I see that. Maybe there is a check that needs tobe done on long posts.
Old 07-20-07, 09:51 AM   #12
BassAddict

Thanks for the ideas AZ. We are also thinking about using a demo truck to haul the boat around and try to sell it at each tournament. I'm sure the owner would be happy if we sold a couple GMC 2500's!

Eric
Old 07-20-07, 08:59 PM   #13
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I like the idea of a web site, with them listed as a sponsor. Also ask if he would like to offer some kind of incentive for boat owners on new truck or used truck sales, and promote that heavily. Say $500 gas card with the purchase of any truck to tow their boat with. Hope it works out, sounds great, but they will want a return on the investment, so offer to hand out cards also to anyone interested in a vehicle. I would also offer to see if there is something they currently sponsor, such as kids day fishing or whatever that you could help with(your time), or organize for them. Just MY ideas, not sure if any of them are worth 2 cents.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.