Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-10, 07:04 PM   #1
Mikekw3
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Mikekw3
Default Vendetta vs. Mojo Bass

I already have a Mojo Bass and i love it. I was planning on getting another and i was going to put a Revo SX on it, but im always hearing that the Vendetta balances out really well with the Revo SX so i really dont no what rod i want to get now. Any suggestions?
Mikekw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 07:41 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I own both.

They are pretty comparable rods, with a few notable differences:

A Vendetta will weigh on average, half an ounce more than a comparable Mojo Bass.

The Vendetta looks a little more "blingety" than the Mojo Bass, if that's your thing. Anodized aluminum hardware and trim...more complicated paint job.

The Vendetta has different guides, and a synthetic grip, versus the cork grip on the Mojo Bass. Personal preference item there.

I like both of the rods for the price, though the Vendetta can be had for $20-30 less if you shop around.

I'd recommend you try the Vendetta, since you're already curious, and make the final call yourself. Even if you hate it (doubtful), you're only out $70, and I'm sure you could easily resell it.
Old 09-07-10, 07:43 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I think the Vendetta is more sensitive. There are some things I don't care for, mostly personal preference stuff like the ACS reel seat.

I've got a Daiwa Fuego on mine, which is lighter than the SX. The SX would probably balance the rod better than the Fuego.

BB
Old 09-07-10, 08:14 PM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I just got 2 Vendetta's: 1 7' M Moderate Fast for Crankbaits, and a 7' MH Fast for Spinnerbaits. I really like them alot. They are not as sensitive as a high end rod like my Superlite PT's, but the Vendetta's are very very nice rods. One thing that I absolutely love about the rods are the ACS reel seat... I would not buy a rod with out one now. The reels I have on my Vendetta's are BPS Pro Qualifier Tournament Reels, which are just a hair over 7 ounces, so the Vendetta combo's are only about 12 ounces and feel very balanced.

Like Nofear said,there are some differences such as grip material and some aesthetics. Personally, I could not stand my St. Croix Mojo I had for a while, it just felt way to tip heavy to me. Some people really like the Mojo though. They are both decent rods, I just feel that the Vendetta is a better rod IMO.

Ryan
Old 09-07-10, 08:22 PM   #5
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have seen the vendettas but i bought a mojo bass a while back and love it ! haha i was lookin into a cheap set up into the finesse world :P ohh but i use it as spinning...
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 09:38 PM   #6
Tavery5

I own both, I prefer the size and shape of the grip the MOJO has, but overall prefer the vendetta, I own three. With that said, I have removed the reel from my Vendettas and replaced them with carrot stix, IMO you will not find a lighter, more sensitive rod for 90 dollars than the carrot stix, add in a lifetime warranty and it is tuff to beat for under a 100 dollars.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 08:06 AM   #7
gonefishin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I own both, I prefer the size and shape of the grip the MOJO has, but overall prefer the vendetta, I own three. With that said, I have removed the reel from my Vendettas and replaced them with carrot stix, IMO you will not find a lighter, more sensitive rod for 90 dollars than the carrot stix, add in a lifetime warranty and it is tuff to beat for under a 100 dollars.

True but ive seen those carrot sticks break one of my buddies has some graphite in his arm.. lol He says it was a fish authough i think it was a rock.
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 10:53 AM   #8
walkeraviator

And E21's customer service has a very bad reputation.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 02:15 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
And E21's customer service has a very bad reputation.
Very true, although I've heard they have both problems (breakage and customer service fixed). Either way, I still wouldn't buy one. It just seems like a crap shoot whether or not you've wasted $100.

Also, I wasn't too impressed when I tried my buddy's (which he exchanged for a Cumara).

BB
Old 09-08-10, 05:55 PM   #10
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin3 View Post
True but ive seen those carrot sticks break one of my buddies has some graphite in his arm.. lol He says it was a fish authough i think it was a rock.
show me a rod that dont break. I believe from my personal experience with E21 that if you take care of your equipment, it will take care of you. You abuse it, and you suffer the results of that. I do realize that there are defects in Quality Mfg. but I am willing to bet that allot of the problems people claim to have with E21 products are self inflicted.
Old 09-08-10, 06:05 PM   #11
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Very true, although I've heard they have both problems (breakage and customer service fixed). Either way, I still wouldn't buy one. It just seems like a crap shoot whether or not you've wasted $100.

Also, I wasn't too impressed when I tried my buddy's (which he exchanged for a Cumara).

BB

Dont understand why you would feel you wasted anything, lifetime warranty- it is as easy as sending a piece of the rod and 40 bucks, certainly not rocket science. Cant imagine why you would not be somewhat impressed with a carrot stix. my 6'6" weights 3.2oz put a 6.8 oz 2009 premiere on it and you have a combo for 200 dollars that will fish with most anything that cost twice as much. I think allot of people get caught up in the talk, I would bet that most people who down E21 products have never even given one a fair chance on the water for themselves. All I can say is, your missing out.
Old 09-08-10, 08:02 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Tav, While I didn't fish it very long, I have used a Carrot Stick.

I wasn't impressed with its sensitivity or the overall feel.

Sometimes, lighter isn't better. In fact, I'd take my 7'3" Dobyns that weighs in at almost 5oz, but balances right in front of the reel seat over a lighter, but more tip heavy rod.

Also, like I said, their customer service isn't the best. I know guys who it took a few months, or more, to get their rod replaced.

Also, I don't like the fact that E21 sold the public different rods than their pros used and endorsed.

I think we can agree to disagree on this one Tav. I guess it's just a mix of things that turns me off from the carrot sticks, although (unlike many others) the bright a$$ orange isn't one of them, lol.

BB
Old 09-08-10, 08:22 PM   #13
Tavery5

Cool, you have your reasons, but I guarantee you that there is nothing out there right now at 89 dollars that even comes close. They sold 69,000 rods the first year at 149.00 They also won the Icast award for best freshwater rod, best saltwater rod and best of show. Prob be a while before you can pick up another rod with those type of credentials for 89 dollars. If you are looking for a budget rod for 100 or less, do yourself a favor and try the carrot stix.
Old 09-08-10, 08:23 PM   #14
nofearengineer

Yeah, it definitely isn't the gaudy orange, as Anthony is apparently already color blind.
Old 09-08-10, 09:59 PM   #15
BassBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I think allot of people get caught up in the talk
Exactly.

Mike if your still shopping for a rod take a look at Carbonlite.
Old 09-09-10, 10:14 AM   #16
Garry2rs

My understanding is that the rods that won at I-Cast never went into production. The highly touted carrot based nano fibre didn't workout...

I had a chance to fish with two E21 spinning rods. The original dark orange model and the lighter coloured Gold model. I though the darker rod was very heavy but the gold model was quite nice.

I use G.Loomis and Shimano rods because of their excellent service in my area. A 7ft. Crucial rod that I broke was replaced over the counter and replacement Loomis rods have been shipped right to my house in under a week.
Garry2R's
Garry2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 06:24 PM   #17
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry2rs View Post
My understanding is that the rods that won at I-Cast never went into production. The highly touted carrot based nano fibre didn't workout...

I had a chance to fish with two E21 spinning rods. The original dark orange model and the lighter coloured Gold model. I though the darker rod was very heavy but the gold model was quite nice.

I use G.Loomis and Shimano rods because of their excellent service in my area. A 7ft. Crucial rod that I broke was replaced over the counter and replacement Loomis rods have been shipped right to my house in under a week.
Garry2R's

You are not the first that I have heard talk about this, however, I can find nothing posted about it. If you go to their website this is what they have to say about carrot based nano fiber.

Carrot nano-Bio-fiber technology provides a rod that is lighter, stronger, and more responsive, with enhanced sensitivity, even load from tip to butt, better load displacement, and better castability than any other rod in today’s marketplace.

Elements 21’s Carrot Stix represents the latest in cutting edge technology, using a newly developed proprietary method of integrating Nano level Cellulose Bio-Fibers into the blank.

My rods are all the older dark orange LTX series rods- My 6ft 6 rods weigh in at 3.2oz. and my 6'9 rod weights 3.5 oz I would think that would put them in the same class as the lightest rods on the market. I have the 2009 revo premier on them at 6.8 oz, so for around $200 I have a setup that has incredible balance and weights about 10 oz. All I can say is, I have had great luck with mine, in fact no problems at all. I think they are a great rod at 149, and now you can get them closed out for 89, almost a no brainer in my book.

Make your own assumption.

Last edited by Tavery5; 09-09-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-12-10, 12:28 PM   #18
Backwater Charlie

Either would be good I guess.. But I won't use a foam handle rod.. Foam rips and tears easy. Give me a straight cork handled rod and send me home.

Look at the St. Croix Premiers and BPS Bionic Blade rods..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.