Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-11, 07:54 AM   #1
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

Default A couple bass-video

Really liking my kodak playsport and homemade cam hat. Went out yesterday in 30-40 mph winds and caught two. One was probably in the 2.5-3lb range. Since I skunked all of march it felt good to get a few.
Couple bass on video
Old 04-05-11, 09:20 AM   #2
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice video. I made my own hatcam as well. I forgot the camcorder I use but it is only 5 oz. and has a tilt lense. It does make fishing more enjoyable knowing that you have video going. I have to edit mine because I often sound like a fool while reeling in a bass. Nice work though and nice looking fish.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 06:10 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey gottafish, really enjoyed watching your video. I like the home video type captures when fishing. Feels closer to home if you know what I mean. ALSO, what is that music you have set with the video. I loved it! I'd like to find that CD if there is one.
Old 04-06-11, 08:04 AM   #4
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Hey gottafish, really enjoyed watching your video. I like the home video type captures when fishing. Feels closer to home if you know what I mean. ALSO, what is that music you have set with the video. I loved it! I'd like to find that CD if there is one.
Thanks and actually I got the music from http://square-peach.com/ . They have some good choices and the price is good. I have used several songs for different projects from them and all of them have worked great. They have a wide variety and seem to be adding more all the time.
Old 04-06-11, 03:44 PM   #5
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

Gottafish, do you happen to have a how to video or directions for making the hat cam? Excellent fish btw!
jjjbluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:56 PM   #6
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjbluray View Post
Gottafish, do you happen to have a how to video or directions for making the hat cam? Excellent fish btw!

I can tell you how I made mine. The videos I have made look eeriely similar to Gottafish's. I just bought a small LIGHTWEIGHT camcorder. Mine is the Sony Bloggie. It was $150 with tilting lense. I bought a screw that is the standard to fit any camcorder bottom threaded hole for a tripod mount. I drilled a hole in the brim of a cap close to the headband part. I use a washer to give the camcorder some stability.

I honestly do not feel like I am wearing it since I got a very lightweight camcorder.

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 04-06-11 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-06-11, 03:59 PM   #7
Fishnngolfn

Not to try and steal any thunder from Gottafish's thread but here are a couple of videos I shot with my homemade hatcam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvMt6tEPjw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomsDvv7i8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBAJx-dogM
Old 04-06-11, 05:13 PM   #8
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good video! What are the water temps like right now?
Old 04-07-11, 07:43 AM   #9
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjbluray View Post
Actually since so many people have asked I made a video of how I made mine. I just need to sit down an edit it and get it posted. I did a my radio show last night so that comes first but hopefully I will be able to do it this weekend.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.