Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-13, 08:43 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Trolling motor choice?

Ok fellas, I'm going to buy a new troll motor for my 12' jon. The one I have now is a 55 pound thrust transom mount Motorguide. Three of the forward speeds are out and the reverse went out last fall, second to the last trip out for 2012.
I'm looking at MinnKota this time around. I just wasn't real happy with how the Motor Guide held up. Height Adjustment collar keeps breaking on me too which requires removing the motor head assembly to replace it. That's a real pain.
I have it pretty well narrowed down to either the new digital Endura Max or the more traditional Endura C2.
My question is, has anyone used the new digital trolling motors from MinnKota, and if so, how do you like it. MinnKota claims you can run your motor 5 times as long on a single battery charge with the digital motors. Have you found that to be true, or at least better than a non digital motor? Or am I just going to be paying more for something that won't perform much better than a non digital motor? The battery indicator on the Max motor is a nice feature too. But will it last, and how accurate is it. Some times, the extra bells and whistles are just more things to go wrong.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.