Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-12, 06:19 PM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Rediculous shipping charges

For the past week, i have been trying to find parts to fix a customers Curaod 301 reel. It needs a new pinion and main gear. Shimano has them on back order until Nov.1 If shimano had them, I could get them at a discount and free shipping, the total would be about $20.00 I tried every service and parts center that I know of and no one has them. The very last company on my list was Southwestern parts and service in Dallas. I hate that company with a pasion due to their practice of buying large quantities of parts and then jacking the price. They are the reason Shimano is out of these parts. Now on top of the fact that I have to pay more than shimano retail price for these parts, I also have to pay $12.50 for shipping and handling from Dallas to Wichita. The total cost was $43.00. Of course it's the customer that will have to pay this, but the point is i could have done it a lot cheaper for them if shimano had the parts and then even if they didn't It still would be cheaper if Southwester sold the parts at shimano retail prices and a reasonable shipping charge. $12.50 for 2 small gears. The actual shipping cost will be about 2 to 3 bucks. I should have asked jrob to pick the parts up for me and ship them first class for 2 bucks.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 06:41 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't blame you for being upset. You try to offer a good service at a fair price and you end up having to deal with that cr*p. I wonder if Southwestern has a sweetheart deal with Shimano. Maybe you should bring up this issue with Shimano. Glad I'm a Garcia man! lol
Old 08-15-12, 07:27 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That really sucks Kevin. I've always had good service and good experiences with them, of course I go to their location. I didn't know they were scamming people on shipping. Next time you need something from there, holler at me and I will run down there and get it for you. I don't mind at all.
Old 08-15-12, 07:47 PM   #4
Marty

That does indeed suck. They are apparently pricing using the philosophy of "whatever the market will bear." Unfortunately, it seems that it's working if they continue to stay in business.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 08:18 PM   #5
Tavery5

bent over the proverbial barrel
Old 08-15-12, 08:45 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

It's the same for anything rod building. Mess up a time or 2 on something like winding checks and reel seats. There are only a handful of honest on shipping companies in it. I threw a pisser one day because they charged me $12 for a guide and a winding check. I called them and they knocked it down to a respectable $7. I still said words under my breath that I try to refrain from. But nothing can get your blood boiling like the proverbial Taco mentioned. And that's another reason I try to stay clear at BPS. I like to walk the isles and take pictures of stuff. That way when someone asked if they can help, I just say no, just getting items in line for a tacklewarehouse.com order. I don't like getting funked, but I will take a stab at being a smart @ss from time to time. Some people value their customers. Rant over, off my box...carry on.
Old 08-15-12, 09:29 PM   #7
3dkicker

You get in a jam for a part give my buddy Larry a call. He may be able to help you out and is always looking to trade parts or will sell them to you at cost. Maybe in the future you two could work a deal. I've been taking my stuff to him for the past couple years and have worked a lot of shows with him. He also does a lot of saltwater stuff as well as freshwater.

Larry Holland in Stafford, VA His number is 540-419-3896.
Old 08-17-12, 07:56 PM   #8
Marty

Quote:
And that's another reason I try to stay clear at BPS. I like to walk the isles and take pictures of stuff.
I'm surprised you're allowed to take pictures in there.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.