Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-12, 03:15 AM   #1
sbglobal
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Is keyword necessary?

hi.
Please friends help me to solve my query... I want to know that how kwyword is necessary to increase website page rank in seo(search engine optimization).....
sbglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 06:25 AM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Your thinking this is the place to get that answer huh?

Good luck.
Old 08-20-12, 09:35 AM   #3
lilmule

Install seo toolbar,keywords are important as its basic info(description) the crawlers pick up also limited on any sub directory or website under someone elses ip.
No sub directory will ever get any rating as it goes to the primary the provider,also why they try to sell you an addy and name .
But ways around many things,create a sitemap(hide from view) search engines will read it viewers wont then submit to search engines.
While you wont be ranked you will be seen and picked up.
Example - http://kylaketn.webs.com/
When seo tools read that they are really reading more webs.com than me,but search engines do see each.
Type in on any major search engine kentucky lake tennesee or ky lake ledge fishing or fishing reports newjohnsonville it comes up,generally first page.Am tad behind this year on keeping it up due to problems at home.
Resubmission would help out its stats a great deal as well as upgrading my sitemap,just been to busy still get up to 200- 360 visitors a month.Its a free web space made with point n click tools,and a lil savy,I change the front page often or background,countless choices,I tend to try to keep it simple.

Last edited by lilmule; 08-20-12 at 09:50 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 03:24 PM   #4
3dkicker

My understanding is that the keywords give a general idea of the content of the website. Having some specific keywords found only on your site helps to direct people just to your site. I use Tacklebox as a keyword word but unfortunately engines now will auto correct and separate the two words. When you add Smitty's you pull my site up. To increase your page rank if you have only common keywords your webpage must have connections with other webpages who also have many connections with other webpages......hence "web crawler". The more interaction you have the higher your ranking.
Old 08-20-12, 06:09 PM   #5
lilmule

Guess yours needs a tad bit of work it is a directory not a sub yet no page rank 0/10,if one pulls up your facebook page yes but its reading facebook.
Have any of the old roadkill camo?
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:11 PM   #6
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Guess yours needs a tad bit of work it is a directory not a sub yet no page rank 0/10,if one pulls up your facebook page yes but its reading facebook.
I should have said it used to pull my website up first. Since I've made some changes it pulls up the FB page. Don't know why it hasn't found my website. I'll have to talk to my friend who helped me make the changes to see what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Have any of the old roadkill camo?
Got some of my Roadkill....about 50. Let me know if you like these.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 08-23-12 at 05:20 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.