Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-15, 01:24 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Finally fishing again!

Our first ever Catch & Release Bass season opened here last weekend ("normal" opener is on May 23), so I was able to fish in MN earlier than I ever have before!

It was 35 degrees when I hit the water at 5:45 a.m., and all I did was back the boat off our lift and put down the trolling motor and start fishing right in front of our place. On my 3rd cast, still in front of our cabin, I landed my first fish since last October...and a good one, too! I measured this Smallie at 17.5" and it weighed in at 3lb 4oz. I was fishing solo, so all I could manage for a picture was this...

Before the morning was over, I had put 25 fish into the boat, but only one other one hit the 3 pound mark. I did have FIVE that were near misses, ranging from 2lb 13oz to 2lb 15oz.

My best one of the day came at 11:00 a.m., just before I wrapped up for the morning session. This Smallie weighed 3lb 6oz and was 17.25".

I made it out a couple more times before the weekend was over, but didn't have quite the same luck -- 8 fish on Saturday afternoon and 12 more on Sunday morning, but no more that were photo-worthy. Sunday morning was brutal...40 degrees with 20+ mph winds. I probably shouldn't have even gone out, but I forced myself to since it will be Memorial Day before I will have another chance to fish.

Hope you are all getting a chance to get out on the water and wet a line!

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.