Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-09, 06:25 PM   #26
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

http://www.conklinguitars.com/

i didnt have a custom,lol.....just the GT7,which was the korean made,but still had the most tonal range of all my basses past and present...depsite the neck width.....it was thin,and extremely comfy to play

im glad you agree that the rick's werent versitile...thats why i dont like em enough to buy one.....they were kinda too bright and punchy from what i remember..

if you ever get an oppurtunity...pick up a lakland bass, if you havent already....thats a bass i want in my final collection..i almost had a guy willing to trade me his 55-02 for my conklin......we had the basses each other wanted.....and he backed out,said he probably shouldnt gig with a 7 string....i coundnt blame,the conklin weighted damn near 15lbs!!

you know this thread is gonna go on for another 3 months right? lol
Old 08-24-09, 06:44 PM   #27
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sorry...my guitar buying days are over. I like music, but let me put on my "most honest guy in the world" hat for a second and tell you this. The primary reason I got into music was the chicks.

Now that I'm old and fat, and the chance of pre-marital relations with 23-year old women is much less likely, staggering around drunkenly on stage is less and less on my mind. For some reason, women get very bossy when they hit 30. I don't know...I might just be doomed to lecherous bachelorhood.
Old 08-24-09, 11:07 PM   #28
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Sorry...my guitar buying days are over. I like music, but let me put on my "most honest guy in the world" hat for a second and tell you this. The primary reason I got into music was the chicks.

Now that I'm old and fat, and the chance of pre-marital relations with 23-year old women is much less likely, staggering around drunkenly on stage is less and less on my mind. For some reason, women get very bossy when they hit 30. I don't know...I might just be doomed to lecherous bachelorhood.
That's the way I felt 25 years ago.I picked the guitar back up about 4 years ago and haven't put it down since.I'm down to about 15 or 16 guitars now.A year ago I had 29.I got my Alvarez acoustic w/hsc for around $112.00 on ebay.Drilled some holes in it for tone and volume pots and mouted a cheap old japanese electric pickup in the sound hole.Now looking fot the 3 pickup piezo system for it on the cheaps.
I also have an Epi 12 string.
Old 08-25-09, 12:43 AM   #29
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dont know much about guitars, but I love J. Mascis' guitar in this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgoU3J-nHo

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.