Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-09, 10:23 PM   #1
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Gunterville

Can anyone give me any information on Lake Guntersville. A friend and I are looking for a good place to stay and any fishing information would be great. Looking to go within the next month.
soulfly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 11:05 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well i lkive right above the lake, on a bluff. there is a hotel in the city of guntersville. right on the lake. i'll check it out for ya. as for the fishing........ THEY say the x-rap in red is working real good. fish the flats right on the drop offs. check out the fishing reports here. i have tried and failed to get a nible, lol. but i am gonna be going again and again till i catch em,lmao. tell me exactly when you'll be here so i can try to help ya out more, ok?
Old 02-23-09, 05:09 PM   #3
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

My friend booked a hotel today he said it is 2 miles away from the state park boat launch. Is that a good part of the lake close to good fishing. Thanks alot for your help. We will be there march 13th and leaving the 16th.
Old 02-23-09, 10:03 PM   #4
bamabassman

YES!! if you are launching at the park. i can tell you where i fish. straight ahead from the park there is an island, fish the outer edge to the little cut THROUGH it. lots of grass, so be careful. gets shallow now. they should be hitting on the outside and inside by that time i think.
ok, now after you have gone trhough, turn right. fish along the dege till you see another little cove. depth is around 10 then comes up to less than 2, be careful and watch you depth. fish are there as well.
after that. go back around the island and head back towards the park. turn left and then a right, that is TOWN CREEK. fish from the mouth all the way up the creek, depths range from 30 feet to 1 foot. great fishing in this area. i grew up fishing this area. although i have NOT caught anything in the winter time,lol. march...yes i will be in there.
holler at me and if i can, i'll meet ya there with my rig, ok?
Old 02-23-09, 11:49 PM   #5
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

That sounds awesome but we got alittle problem the hotel we booked we looked at some reviews and they were terrible. so we cancelled them now were back looking for a place. do you got any hotels or cabbins that you think would be alright.
Old 02-23-09, 11:50 PM   #6
WTL

You could always find a hotel in Scottsboro - its right there at lake Guntersville, a very good area of the lake to fish (there isnt a bad are of the lake).

Doesnt Goose Pond have cabins? John?
Old 02-23-09, 11:54 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly71 View Post
That sounds awesome but we got alittle problem the hotel we booked we looked at some reviews and they were terrible. so we cancelled them now were back looking for a place. do you got any hotels or cabbins that you think would be alright.
Man you gonna be fishin' too much to worry about some bed bugs, and bad wi-fi connections. Just playing, good luck on your trip, I hope to make it over their myself one day.
Old 02-23-09, 11:54 PM   #8
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

Cool I will check that area right now. Were coming from michigan and have know idea about the area so all this help is great we have wanted to fish guntersville for about 10 years can't wait
Old 02-23-09, 11:57 PM   #9
bamabassman

i HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOOSE POND. look at the get together thread we had last year. the site is there. i know the head man personally, grew up with him and his family. awesum palce. had our FIRST annual get together there. and buba...get ol mississippiboy to bring ya with him, we'll all go ok?
Old 02-23-09, 11:58 PM   #10
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

thats a good one bubba i'm still laughing but the reviews say danger in capital letters and say do not stay here. Know were not to picky
Old 02-24-09, 12:01 AM   #11
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

bama I will get back with you tomorrow we should have a place by then and it would be cool to hook up with you guys
Old 02-24-09, 12:02 AM   #12
bamabassman

you can't go wrong with goose pond buddy. like i said, holler at me and if i can (on a saturday,sunday) i'll mett ya'll. i will be in a black and gold CAJUN boat. yep wearing all BAMA gear,lmao.
Old 02-24-09, 12:05 AM   #13
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

alright I will be in a red triton wearing al maze and blue go U of M
Old 02-24-09, 12:07 AM   #14
bamabassman

hahahaha, good deal pal. looking forward to it.
Old 02-24-09, 09:43 PM   #15
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Bama staying at the days inn. March 13-16 hopefully you are going those days. If you can keep me updated on the fishing until then. Thanks
Old 02-24-09, 10:58 PM   #16
bamabassman

will try buddy. thanks. just checked the calander, 2 weeks form now...ok, i am going to go out this weekend i hope. i'll also ask around for some info. are you gonna launch at a certain place? i launch at bb comer, a bridge on hwy 35. white 97 z-71 towing a black and gold 97 cajun.
Old 02-25-09, 01:08 AM   #17
gizzardshad
BassFishin.Com Member

I love fishing Brown's Creek and the Town Creek Area up to Seibold. If you are coming from the Scottsboro end there are some great places to fish up there as well! If you are there within the next month make sure you have some lipless baits, some jigs, and plan on doing some sight fishing in March.
gizzardshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 01:28 AM   #18
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

601 gives me a head's up for a trip, I will will see if I can make it happen Bama. Sorry to butt in soulfly.
Old 02-25-09, 05:31 PM   #19
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Bama and Gizzardshad what size line do you guys use on your rattletraps I use 10# here but we dont have the size fish you got. What color to, american shad color in a lucky craft trap is the best here in michigan. Sight fishing here I mainly use a tube what do you guys use. Are spinner baits working.
Old 02-25-09, 08:22 PM   #20
bamabassman

12# on the traps. red cajun brand. my favorite colors are chrome with a blue back 1/4,1/2 oz. also throw a baby bass color, orange tiger strip, red, x-raps are working for alot of olks. cept fo me. but i wasn't fishing in the correct spots. use em on the flats near the main channel drop offs, and the edges of grass lines. brand of traps is kinda ify, use what you like mostly, confidence in a brand is starting to go out the window for me,lol. i use x-raps, and RATTLE TRAP brand. lewis rattle traps. on spiner baits, solid white with either willow leaf blades or colorado (depending on water clarity and wind), other colors.....white with yellow, green or mixed together, black with blue or purple works good too depending on water clarity. another rig i use alot is the zoom lizard. with a 14 oz or 1/8 oz weight, texas rig. colors are pumkin seed with a chartruse tail, and june bug. thrown right in the grass and dragged real slowly. hopping it a little. i am gonna start throwing a jig too, same places.
Old 02-25-09, 09:20 PM   #21
soulfly71
BassFishin.Com Member

Cool thanks for info can't wait to get there
Old 02-25-09, 09:52 PM   #22
bamabassman

soulfly71 check yer pm's.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.