Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-09, 03:23 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default The power of the $$

Several months ago I had broken my carrot sitck and returned it to the small tackle store for a replacement. The rod was one of 3 combos I had bought 90 days earlier.
After several statements from the store saying that it would be in "next week" they had finally called me (2 months later) to say that they were not getting anywhere with their wholeseller and that I needed to come and pick up my rod. They offered me a tube to mail it back to E-21 myself. So what I expected to be a free exchange turned into shipping and $30 additional bucks out of my pocket to get it replaced.I was more than a little angry at this. I had been a customer for a couple of years and bought 90% of my stuff from them.
I had made the decision to not go back to their store for any reason. I had gotten a call from their manager last week asking to confirm my address for their mailing list. I suspect that this had more to do with the fact that I stopped buying anything there.
I had told him not to bother with it since I did not even read their flyers anymore. When he asked why I explained the situation.
Well this morning I got a call asking when I wanted to come pick up my new rod. They have also given me $50 in store credit to make up for the inconvenience. I am still not happy with the overall situation, but at least they are finally trying to get my business back.
Old 12-29-09, 04:14 PM   #2
TN_Bassin

Well E-21 is really to blame here. They offer a lifetime warranty on all their rods that they do not deliver on. I haven't had any problems with my carrot stix but a lot of people I know have had similar experiences trying to exchange their broken rods for new ones.

And yes threatening to stop buying from someone will usually get the job done.
Old 12-29-09, 05:01 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd have to say it's e21's fault as well. Their poor costomer service was one of the reasons Duckett left.

BB
Old 12-29-09, 05:10 PM   #4
WaffleJaw

I think I be mad at the store as well for taking 2 months to tell you thier not getting anywhere....It shouldnt have gone 2 weeks!!
Thats just bad business on both companies.
My buddy just had a similar situation with a marine company on a boat motor part....It was ridiculous how many back and fourths they had before he finally said ''screw it!!''and went somewhere else...

It sounds like the manager had no clue what was going on...You have to give him credit for trying his best to resolve a situation...Unless he knew the whole story along,that is.
Old 12-29-09, 06:21 PM   #5
3dkicker

Dealing with G Mt on a similar issue. Got a Shimano replaced last spring after jumping through hoops. I even brought in Shimano's replacement policy to show the manager. Got the replacement and the new tip busted first time out. Went back to get it replaced again and was told that it wasn't G Mt's policy to replace the rod (different manager). When I questioned him as to why it was replaced previously he came up with some BS.

I'm going to chop it up and send it back to Shimano and get it replaced. Saves on shipping costs. I don't shop at G Mt any more. If they won't honor the replacement policy of one of the brands they sell then I won't do business with them.
Old 12-29-09, 06:47 PM   #6
cassidyta

While I agree that the root of this is E-21's issue, that is not my concern. As I told the manager:
"I bought from a store who was not able to manage my expectations and so far has failed to deliver on their own promises. They advertise a 30 day return and a 90 replacement from the store. Since I had met the replacement requirement, how they go about doing it is not my issue.
They chose to use E-21's replacement policy and pass their issues on to me. I personally think that the proper thing to do would have been to give me one of the ones they had in stock or refund my money."

All of that being said, it appears to be finally working itself out.
Old 12-29-09, 07:54 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Tough times, and a warranty don't mean squat half the time. It feels like sometimes they hold in an effort that you will forget about it or get fed up and just drop it. Glad to see they are trying to make it right with you Cass. My dad was telling me a similar story last night about a Craftsman knife he kept taking back while he was an electrician. He said after about the 6th one, the lady told him Sears can refund the money for the item at their will. So he said OK. Said the lady took about 20 minutes for filling out the paperwork, getting the manager's signature and handed him back the refund. He said it was a jam up knife for stripping wire and stuff, but after a month of sharpening it would wear out. She then asked if there was anything else she could help him with. He said yes, I would like to buy this knife. Cha-ching, if she knew anything about my dad, she could have seen it coming a mile away.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.