Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-10, 04:31 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Took an old fart fishin today......

Literally.....lol. My fishin buddy Ron asked me if i'd help him with taking his 88yr old father-n-law fishing in the new boat......He'd been hinting around about wanting to go ever since Ron got home with the new boat.

His name is Moody, and danged if that don't fit him to a tee.....lol. He's a grumpy old fart that spent most of his career as a long haul trucker, so he's got more stories then you can shake a stick at....Only he's senile and can't remember them all, nor can he remember he just told the same story 5 minutes ago.....hahaha....So you can imagine the boat conversation over the course of the morning. He must of had some inert need to talk cause he did a "boatload" of it.

The old man can bearly walk so getting his boney butt in and out of the boat was a difficult for him, but with the aid of a step ladder we all managed it without too much difficulty.....There's no boat dock or good places for an old person to get in the boat along the shoreline on this lake, so puttin him in the boat in the parking area seemed to work the best. Naturally later on, when it came time to get rid of all that coffee he'd been drinkin there was NO good place to put him ashore, and thats all I've got to say about that.....He and Ron had to deal with that in the back of the boat....I had to work the trollin motor.

So I kinda bass fished but not really.....For the most part we spent our time tied up in areas he might catch some bream or crappie, which is what he likes to eat.....So thats what we did....and both he and Ron caught several nice fish of each species....enough for a nice mess come dinner time, thats fer sure.....only when we got back to the ramp Moody suddenly decided he didn't want to clean any fish and while I was gone getting the truck and trailer those two Yahoo's dumped all the fish back in the lake....."Knuckleheads"......Nobody asked me if I wanted them. Crap, after puttin up with Moody's moods all morning, I deserved a fish dinner.....Dangnabit, I would'a cleaned'm.

Anyway....theres my good deed for the week..."Hopefully longer".hahaha. I did manage to catch a few of them crazy Warmouths on a Ragetail Spacemonkey again....lol....Those crazy fish just hammer that bait and its half their size....hahaha....And even though I didn't catch a bass, i'm sure I helped make an old farts day....."He said so anyway".

Last edited by 66KingFisher; 05-22-10 at 05:08 PM.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.