Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-10, 10:46 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default fantastic weekend!

well gang we close out this great weekend and hopefully everyone gave their thaks to our armed forces who KEEP us FREE. we ahd a great weekend, even if we did ALMOST burn down the house. (see thread "so,bama....") lisa and i had a fantastic weekend and we want to know what everyone else did. so fess up gang. let us know how you spent it.
us? well i went to guntersville saturday and fished. didn't get any keepers but had a good time. got out just as the jet skis got out. sunday lisa and i went on weiss lake, got out agan just as the lake leeches were getting in. today. smoked some ribs and a boneless pork shoulder on my new smioker/grill. went great, had my parents over to serve as guniea pigs. and mom took some left overs home. so i passed the test, haha. i want to thank ZOOKER for helping me out with the smoking. followed his instructions and it turned out really good. jsut gotta stop poking at the fire, haha!
tell about your weekend now gang!
Old 05-31-10, 11:39 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01

Well Friday Britney and I went to the lake, caught a lot of fish but it was nice to spend some time "just us" with out baby duty (we left Lake with Brits parents for the day).

Saturday we laid around the house and soaked up some air conditioning and watched womens college softball on ESPN all day. Then Saturday evening we went over to dads house for a BBQ and a few cold ones.

Sunday We pretty much picked up right where we left off on Saturday and soaked up some more air conditioning and pressed the couch most of the day.

Monday dad and I took my 4 year old niece to a farm pond for a little perch jerkin and a great time was had by all (even sent bama a pic of her holding a bluegill so he would know what a big fish looked like lol). After the perch jerking we went to my grandparents house for a BBQ and my sister, niece, Britney, and I ended up in a water balloon fight.

All in all it was a great weekend.
Old 06-01-10, 03:48 AM   #3
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I didn't do a whole lot. Did some work in the yard, but mostly sat around and watched a few war movies. And made the wings yesterday.
Old 06-01-10, 10:23 AM   #4
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i was at the nascar race all weekend in charlotte. coca cola 600 baby.
Old 06-01-10, 10:59 AM   #5
MississippiBoy

I had to work Saturday, then we went out to eat with a friend of ours. On Sunday, we took Caitlyn over to her grandparents' house and their pool for her first swim. Had a great time watching her splash and play for thirty minutes or so, then put her down for a nap and lazed around in the pool for another hour or so. Then we went inside and had smoked pork tenderloin, baked beans, and smashed taters.
When we opened the back door to go to the pool, the grandparents' little daschund ran out and started barking at something. My wife freaked, so I ran and grabbed the dog. He was barking at a 3-4 ft moccasin that had been sunbathing in the grass just off the deck. He disappeared while I put the dog back inside. That was smart of him, because I was going to make him into a good snake. Or as a friend of mine said, two good snakes...
Old 06-01-10, 01:02 PM   #6
Abbeysdad

Took the boat out on Friday. Bought a season pass for the launch. I caught 8 fish! Just 7 small smallmouth bass and one small perch, but fun to catch fish again! The girls each caught 1 after Abbey had a cry for not catching any (girls!). Went for a dip in the pool after we got home. Made homemade pizza for dinner.
On saturday I pressure washed the pool stairs & deck, the pool winter cover, the car, then the boat. Treated the boat hull with 303, recharged the TM battery. Tilled the garden. Dipped in the pool. Cooked Steak 'n shrimp for dinner.
On Sunday, I cleaned a pack of gum (not mine...ABBEY!) outta the clothes dryer (not fun, but goo gone works pretty well once you warm up the dryer). Greased the boat trailer bearings (zerk fittings like breaker buddies). Treated car tires and black plastic with 303. Dipped in the pool. BBQ burger (Abbey) and hot sausage for dinner (homemade salads and salt potatoes).
On Monday, I started planting the garden...green and yellow beans, zuchinni and summer squashes, broccoli, egg plant...still to plant pumpkins, sunflower, tomatoes and potatoes. Dipped in the pool (a couple of times) as the heat in the garden was something (it was 88 round here!). BBQ'd chicken for supper.
Absolutely great week-end!
Old 06-01-10, 06:17 PM   #7
bassinbob

Went up to my cabin early sat morning. Caught one decent bass. Mowed the grass that was as high as a field. Caught another decent bass sunday. The pads were just starting to come up. No frog bite yet. Some kind of fish kill going on at the lake. Did see some dead crappie but nothing else. Came home early monday and did laundry and watched Lord of the Rings Part III.
Old 06-01-10, 07:59 PM   #8
bcklash

Didn't do a whole lot. On Saturday helped Debi with the dog rescue. You know brownie points. Sunday me and Adam went to one of Va. big bass lakes and well we caught little bass. Monday I was a deadbeat, all day long.
Old 06-01-10, 09:19 PM   #9
WTL

Over the weekend I played with the new kayak, caught a couple bass.

For the past two days I have been eating ribs and potato salad.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 09:42 PM   #10
bamabassman

hahaha, that is interesting billy. i was just wondering as i was fixing my sandwich for tomorrow out of left over smoked pork (which is even better left over,hehe). how many are STILL eating leftovers as well? i got the rest of the week myself to finish em.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.