Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 07-04-07, 11:14 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default "Hi" And Dry

Just joined today and wanted to say"HI". I'm not a newbie to fishin' - been fishin since I was 4, but started bass fishing this year(I am 14). Me and my dad fish local lakes which are mostly clear to moderately clear, except for one, which has 2 ft. visibility. When we go out we will catch 2 or 3 bass each, usually .5 to 1 lb. We mostly use weightless and weighted texas rigs. Any tips on haulin' in bigger bass according to my lake description and area(southern MI)???
Also, equip. wise, I have two or three bass rods. A 7' St.Croix fast action rod w/ spinning reel, a Falcon Low Rider 6'7" fast action rod w/ spinning reel, and a 6' no-name fast action Wal-Mart rod with a 10lb test Zebco 33 spincasting reel.
All said, any ideas on boatin' bigger bass on each outing??
Old 07-05-07, 05:39 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome to the site..beware we are crazier than we appear..

we got a couple guys from mi let them give ya a heads up..

zooker
Old 07-06-07, 10:22 PM   #3
lunker-lander

Got out to those "local lakes", last nite, Bird Lake, from about 8:30 to 10:30PM. Got some larger size bass, 15"&16". Nite seems better for the larger bass.

But still, any tips will be appreciated. Any lures, techniques, colors, etc. How can I get them bigger bass up here in MICHIGAN??
Old 07-06-07, 10:31 PM   #4
Bass'n'cast
BassFishin.Com Active Member

southern michigan as in michiana? well im northern indiana and i would say that texas rigged 6inch worms are pretty productive but just look around in tips and techniques section and you'll find some good info on lure choice and when to use it. o and blue flek is pretty good a buddy of mine caught two five pounders in murky water on a powerbait 6inch blue flek worm.
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 10:55 AM   #5
lunker-lander

what town in Indy. you live in? I live in Hudson,MI, 'bout an hour from Indy.
Old 07-23-07, 04:13 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hey. welcome. I'm 16 and I'm from NW Ohio (about 5 mins from MI border), so I know kinda about the lakes and stuff you fish. although the farthest north I've fished is in the Irish Hills (Round Lake and Devil's Lake actually). But I fish in a small private pond and in a couple of reservoirs. Biggest bass I've caught recently was in the metamora reservoir, about 18 inches. But anyways, I Love using topwaters in most of the ponds and reservoirs I fish. My personal favorites are buzzbaits and Hula Poppers.

Hope this helps ya. And If you have any questions the guys here know everything. (Not me though). lol. Anyways good luck and hope you get better at Bassin than me. lol. =)
Old 07-23-07, 08:01 PM   #7
lunker-lander

Hey man, we need to hook-up spme time. My name is Dane. How 'bout you? Drop a line back sometime.
Old 07-24-07, 12:03 AM   #8
Bender

Check out our "learning" club in SE Michigan: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/...php?board=38.0
Hudson is a bit of a drive for me but if you ever get up this way let me know and we can go out on some of the lakes around here.
As far as catching bigger fish, I suggest fishing deeper water. Big fish do come up shallow to feed, normally at night, but they seem to stay in deeper water most of the time. I normally fish 8-12 feet deep to catch bigger fish.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.