Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 07-24-13, 02:24 PM   #1
jamesh99
BassFishin.Com Member

Default what is your favorite brand of boat

Ive been wondering what everyone's favorite brand of boat is and if you prefer aluminum or fiberglass?
jamesh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 04:44 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Usually what a person owns is their favorite. I've had both alum & 'glass and I prefer the 'glass as it usually offers better storage, better ride and more speed though some of the alum boats move along quite well. Choice is often decided due to the water you primarily fish, and the species you chase. As for me I like Triton and am on my second one. If I was looking for a new boat now - I'm pretty sure I'd move to a Phoenix. Now, for my home water, I'm really liking my Hobie kayak, it's getting more use than the Triton lately.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:05 PM   #3
lilmule

Generally glass but take what ever floats and is in my price range,those that float better,RUN BETTER ON ROUGH WATER ARE AT TOP OF THE LIST
As dont like the ol bones getting beat,have run everything from a 14 fter to a 22 fter,in my lifetime and from 17 -22 ft on choppy ky lake,contrary to opinion some small boats run well on 3 ft chop just cant stop and fish in it-to small.20-21 ft is normal here,I have a 1985 stratos 19 ft runs right with them(tr20-21) and cost about fifty thousand less lol.
Its the persons driving skills and where used most that determine what they run and to some degree $.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 03:02 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I honestly don't think anyone makes a bad boat anymore. with that said I personally don't like Rangers that much. They never seemed to ride as well as everyone wants to give them credit for, they aren't as fast as most of the other brands out there, and just seem to be even more over priced than all the other brands. I had a Triton 21X and I loved the boat. It rode great and was pretty fast. The storage was great and it fished pretty good. I now have a Skeeter 21i that I am falling in love with. It's a great riding boat and can out run a lot of boats out there, especially in choppy water. The layout is almost identical to the Triton with the exception of the rear compartments being a little smaller and it having a day box on the front deck that the Triton didn't have. I have fished out of several Champions and just never really liked them too much, just personal preference about the stuff I don't care for with Champions (Stratos now). Every boat out there will have things that you like about it and some things that you wish you could change. The key is making a list of what is most important to you and then finding a boat that offers those things.
Old 07-28-13, 06:55 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Rajun cajun of course !!! Hahahaha!!!!
Old 07-29-13, 03:50 PM   #6
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Still love Rangers and Skeeters both. I currently have an older Ranger that I really like. It's been the best boat I've had since my first Champ.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 05:22 PM   #7
lilmule

Champion,javelin,stratos if you want a good boat buy one made in TN,so good arkinsaw buys them out and they become rangerfied.All boats have pros and cons,it is what suits you,the water you most use it on and the wallet.
On an idle only lake be kind of a waste to own a sixty k boat with a 300 hp,on a river doesnt take as much as a long shallow lake that has mucho swells,but then again some of us make do as wallet may not accomidate.
Yakity yak its is what suits us no perfect brand for everyone and built for all types of water llike people some boats do better at certain things.Your job if you choose to accept it is to figgure out what,prior to bust out another thousand.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 10:54 AM   #8
Captmikestarrett

If I fished with out clients then a Gambler.

Capt Mike
Old 08-01-13, 04:52 PM   #9
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i am going to throw a hat in the ring for basscat. i have fished in them for eons. they are built to last, they have been at the forefront of innovation, they ride and drive great, and they are fast. another big plus, basscat is still family owned.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.