Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-12, 01:58 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default little bro is moving up, getting him a descent setup

my younger brother is moving up in the bass world, comming with backlashing but catchng descent fish. i know his b-day is a bit off, in march, but want options on a descent reel and rod to get him
i know he wants differant than mine.. not sure why, for the rod he himself has looked at the dawia arid rod several times, 7 MH. for a all around reel for jigging-topwater-frog, was thinking somthing 6:5:1 or he was talking about the pinncle dead blot slyder, think it called that anyway, what your opnions, not wanting to blow overload.
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 06:01 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

first of all.......what's the price limit? this will help in getting hm the BEST value for the buck buddy.
Old 01-10-12, 08:58 PM   #3
wallywallace

gotta, be cheap now.. lol just go my point certificate from dicks and got him a quatum pt, tour reel, seems dang nice, they had that .97 30% off sell, plus the reel was on clearance, still he like that pole.
Old 01-10-12, 09:00 PM   #4
bamabassman

ok.......what is the DOLLAR amount?
Old 01-10-12, 09:24 PM   #5
wallywallace

as of now, about 70 for a pole. was thinking the versitas, i have been wanting one for myself, but he really like thoe aird or arid, rods by dawia, not sure if they are descent rods
Old 01-11-12, 06:25 PM   #6
bamabassman

they are i think. arid is too. let him try them all out and jsut ask which he likes the best. jsut take him to the store and ya'll sorta look at them, handle em and such. now how much for the reel? dollar amount that is. hopefully others will chime in who have or have had those rods and the reels you are looking at.
Old 01-11-12, 09:19 PM   #7
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Vendetta and Veritas rods are very nice at the 80-100 dollar price point. Also, be sure to take a look at a Carbonlite rods from BPS. The Tour Edition pt is a steal at that price. I think he'll be very happy with that combo.

Ryan
Old 01-12-12, 10:27 AM   #8
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I’ll always recommend the BPS Pro Qualifier for anyone starting out in baitcasting or looking to add to their growing arsenal. It’s not fickle in terms of adjusting the settings for casting and its light and comes in several speeds. I recommend the 6.4 for the first one and then he can get like a 7.1 when he goes to get a second one because I’m willing to bet he will. I’m also a huge fan of Abu Garcia Vendettas. IMO the perfect combination of power and weight. It’s light enough to fish all day but stout enough to where you feel like you have a mans man rod that can handle any application.

I recommend:
Reel: BPS Pro Qualifier, 6.4:1 ($99, but keep your eye on BPS sight. They constantly go on sale for $79)
Rod: Abu Garcia Vendetta, 7’ MH ($79)
Line: Berkley Trilene XL, 14lb
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 02:26 PM   #9
wallywallace

hey yall, done got the reel, the PT, yea we been around, will be a while before i hit up bp again but i will looke at the

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.