Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-11, 06:13 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Good day yesterday guys.. little brother caught his PB.

Hey guys, I went fishing after practice yesterday, and I'm glad it did!

Conditions were about the same as they've been. Wind was from the SSW, and not as hard, cloudy conditions, about 65 degrees.

We started the day of using craw colored lipless cranks like last time. And my little brother starts us off with a little dink that gets off right at the shore.

About 5 minuets after that he starts hollering about this big ol bass he hooks into, I run over and tell him to get keep pressure on it and not to horse it in. He plays it like a pro as usual and I go in a lip it for him. A nice fat largemouth. We takes some measurements. 22.5" length and an 18.5 inch girth. It goes 7.80 pounds on the weight calc (sounds a little high to me, but oh well). That's his personal best by a half pound, and his biggest fish on a lure by almost 2 pounds.

I get 2 pounder again on the lipless, he gets a short fish shortly after. I get another 2 pounder, he gets a 13 incher.

Then I hook into what feels like a little better fish. It does a nice jump and a few runs, I get flip it up. Take some measurements. 18" length, 14.5 girth. 3.9 on the weight calc. My biggest fish so far this year too.

I get another 2, and Jr. gets a 2 too. I end the day with a another fish, and we call it quites.

Thanks for reading guys! It's definitely been a good year so far. finally figured out what the fish are wanting and what they're doing.
Old 05-11-11, 07:03 PM   #2
keithdog

Thats an awsome post buddy! And that pig your brother caught, man what a mega sow!!! A bass that big that far noth is just plain HUGE!!! Congrats
Old 05-11-11, 07:16 PM   #3
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sweet! Way to go, and congrats to both of you on catching fish and to your little brother on his PB. Assuming your measurements don't have any typos in them (), I could easily see that being in the ballpark for the correct weight. I think there's a pretty large margin for error with any weight/girth calculator, but if you don't have a scale, that's the best you can do.

For whatever it's worth, the MN state record LM is 8lb 15oz with a 23.5" length and 18" girth.

P.S. - Where are the PICS???????
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 07:33 PM   #4
Bassboss

Thanks guys! One fella was fishin there and he said it was the biggest bass he'd ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Sweet! Way to go, and congrats to both of you on catching fish and to your little brother on his PB. Assuming your measurements don't have any typos in them (), I could easily see that being in the ballpark for the correct weight. I think there's a pretty large margin for error with any weight/girth calculator, but if you don't have a scale, that's the best you can do.

For whatever it's worth, the MN state record LM is 8lb 15oz with a 23.5" length and 18" girth.

P.S. - Where are the PICS???????
Wow, that's cool, in the case it is pretty accurate, lol!

I wish I had pics, but my dad's phone only has the camera, and I didn't have his phone, lol!
Old 05-11-11, 07:59 PM   #5
bassinbob

Great day when the big ones bite so good. Congrats to the little bro.
Old 05-11-11, 08:32 PM   #6
rrw4258

A 7 pounder in Wisconsin is HUGE! Congrats to your brother and also to you for getting a nice 3 1/2 pounder. That 3.5 lber is no slouch for us northern guys!

Ryan
Old 05-11-11, 10:13 PM   #7
Bassboss

Wow guys, didn't realize how big that bass really was, lol! I guess I'm more spoiled then I thought!
Old 05-11-11, 10:21 PM   #8
MIbasser

Nice job boss, sounds like a great day. We need pictures of these hogs!!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 10:25 PM   #9
bamabassman

well sammy...........CONGRATS TO YOUR LIL BRO MAN!!! and to YOU AS WELL BUDDY. this is the kind of story i LOVE to read man. coaching oyur brother and helping him out makes ALL the difference in my opion. you're a great brother sam.
and 7.8 pounds is a HUGE bass no matter WHERE you caught it. again, congrats!
Old 05-11-11, 11:21 PM   #10
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Wow guys, didn't realize how big that bass really was, lol! I guess I'm more spoiled then I thought!
FL state record LM = 17lb 4oz
WI state record LM = 11lb 3oz

Let's just say your brother's LM was 7lb 8oz. That is approximately .67 of the WI state record. You'd have to catch approximately an 11lb 9oz LM in FL to hit .67 of the state record there.

Anything that hits 3lbs and up is a P-I-G where I fish. A 7 pounder isn't even something I dream about...
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 06:16 PM   #11
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Congrats to both of you Boss! And yeah....you're brother caught a flat out pig where you're at.

You're not in Kansas (Florida) anymore
Old 05-12-11, 07:02 PM   #12
Bassboss

lol yeah that's pretty cool! This definitely is not Kansas! Thanks guys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.