Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-10-11, 05:33 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Wow that's pretty

I don't know how it works, but this sure is a realistic looking frog.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Morea...age-MB3TF.html

edit: I just noticed the price tag and the bait lost some of its beauty then.
Old 01-10-11, 07:24 PM   #2
3dkicker

I agree pretty bait but not for $61. It better come with someone to land the fish for me!!!

Kind of misleading advertising. Says it "...swims just like the real thing." Maybe they've never seen a real frog swim but I doubt that will move through the water like a frog does.
Old 01-10-11, 09:38 PM   #3
bassinbob

That's one frog I won't be adding to my collection.
Old 01-10-11, 09:49 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Great looking bait, but I won't be spending $60 for one, lol.

BB
Old 01-10-11, 10:07 PM   #5
Tavery5

You can tell the guy put allot of time into the way this bait looks. I would not pay 61 dollars for it though. I posted in another thread about frog type baits and my opinion of them. I tend to believe that they may be the prime example of a bait that is designed to catch the angler and not the fish. I have often wondered how much of a bait like this a fish can actually see. It seems to me that the part of the bait a fish is actually looking at is the part in the water, which is the belly. Most of the really nice looking frog baits have a very plain looking belly. Makes me think that it is the action, more than the highly detailed top side of the bait. I would love to hear other opinions.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 11:09 PM   #6
cassidyta

For the most part I will agree with you Tav.
But, I think it depends on where you are fishing them and the type of frog you use or at least how much you have modified it.
My favorite frog is the swamp donkey. I like that frog because of how it sits lower in the water. It is an example of how the side colors matter just as much as the belly.
A good friend of mine changes his frog colors to match the small birds in an area more than the frogs.
For me, I try to match the dragon flies. I have bright orange and blue frogs that I will toss at openings when there are a lot of dragon flies. In fact, I usually try to hit the dragonflies with the bait. In those cases, I have found that I get hit more often (sometimes before it hits the water) with those baits. Now this may be because I have been brainwashed enough to try that technique or because I have more confidence in them that way.
I do know that I have tossed a different frog in the same areas and did not get hit until I switched colors.
If I am tossing it on top of pads or muck, then I don't really think the color matters as much.
Old 01-10-11, 11:27 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I hope it comes with a roll of toilet paper because my wife would itshy a ickbry if she found out I spent that much on one lure. I tend to be with Tav on this one, at least where I fish. Most of my frog bites come from more of a steady retrieve instead of the dog or twitching action. So I have to plead the reaction strike on the frog fishing. But I tend to buy Spros, maybe I am spending 5 more than I should be.
Old 01-10-11, 11:42 PM   #8
Tavery5

One thing that I have noticed is that I tend to get more bites on a couple of colors a little more than others. I have good luck on rubber frogs like the rage frog, or ribbet frog with white or pearl colored bellies. I also have good luck on greens, like watermelon, bullfrog, or green pumpkin. The only other thing that I have been able to figure is that sometimes they like frogs that make a lot of commotion, like the rage frog, other times they prefer a little more subtle approach, like the zoom horney toad. It seems like when they like the subtle approach, I can catch them almost as good or better on a fluke.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 08:48 PM   #9
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I just ordered 2 of them.
NOT! LOL Pretty lookin though.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.