Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-09, 12:34 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Another snake bites the dust

I shot and killed another moccasin behind my fence yesterday. One shot from 15'. The "little" 2 1/2 to 3 foot long booger was hiding in some brush and just staring at me. I got him in my sites and slowly squeezed the trigger. The snake jumped with his mouth open and then laid down. I thought to myself, "Surely, I didn't miss from that close of a distance." Then I saw him start to twitch and I knew he was a goner. I unloaded 2 more bb's into his head and then went around to the other side of the fence to pick him up and move him to the front of the house for his photo-op. I thought about leaving him next to the bag of grass that my neighbor had out to scare the trash guys but then I figured my trash wouldn't get picked up.

Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 01:57 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

1 less to give me a chill. By the way, garbage men love deer heads in the can under a couple of bags. Never done it myself, but heard it is a riot. People shouldn't be messing with the sanitation engineers though.
Old 05-15-09, 02:10 PM   #3
Fishnngolfn

Well our garbage men don't get out of the truck. They have those automatic claw things that grab the city provided cans. But the brush and pile and recycle guys have to grab the containers by hand. Those are the guys I was going to have some fun with. I would have done it if I was off today but...
Old 05-15-09, 02:17 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I still like the idea of thinking about rousing some one. It would have you giggling for weeks.
Old 05-15-09, 02:31 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow! You sure got a lot of them up there don't you!

The less the better!
Old 05-15-09, 06:00 PM   #6
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Wow! You sure got a lot of them up there don't you!

The less the better!
There is a federally protected swamp behind my property. I actually own about 100 feet by 200 feet of the swamp but due to federal environmental laws, I cannot develop it or have it cleared. So I have to deal with all sorts of swamp critters. Mosquitoes and moccasins are the worst.
Old 05-15-09, 09:54 PM   #7
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

One less to cause a scare!
Old 05-15-09, 10:06 PM   #8
66KingFisher

That there be a full growed one.......I always hate having to kill a snake but I also understand when ya got'm around the house, so do whatcha gotta do to protect the family.

Fortunately Moccasins rarely bite....they'll bluff along time before they bite....and even then their first bite or two might be whats known as a "dry bite" meaning they don't inject any venom.......However, having said that....if you accidently step on one chances are good your gettin bit.....so again I say do whatcha gotta do.

I was fishin around a buddies pond last summer and pointed out a huge....and I mean HUGE moccasin on a low hanging tree branch about 6ft from where we were standing, and he bout freaked.....had to run get the shotgun and kill it.....but ya know, he's got a small son that fishes that pond with his little buddies, so I would've probably done the same thing.....I'm a snake lover but not at the expense of someones life.

By the way.....Nice shootin with a bb gun.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.