Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-08-11, 02:32 PM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Good weekend with an almost lake record.

Had a pretty good weekend this week. Started early Tuesday morning at Pleasanton City Lake West and got a 5lb 14oz fish.

Resized to 49% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

Fried the fuse holder on my trolling motor so we had to go get a new one so we decided to hop over to Pleasanton City Lake East where I got a nice 19 1/2 incher that I forgot to weigh

Had a big grin because I was still busy giving my buddy a hard time for losing his LC RC 1.5 right before I set the hook on this fish. She was right on the edge of a weedline on the island and I caught her on a Havoc pit boss.
My biggest surprise was this morning. I decided to go out to Wyandotte County Lake to try to catch a few before it got too hot. This lake is not known for big fish and with deep, clear water it gets tough when it gets hot out. I was just starting to think about heading home when I set the hook on what I thought was a drum. When she ran for the surface and I saw it was a smallmouth I started doing a bunch of begging for the fish to please stay hooked. She jumped 3 times despite me having my rod up to almost the top of the cork in the water. She ate a GP/chartruese tail BPS Stik-O on a shakeyhead in about 8 feet of water and weighed 4lbs 3oz, less than a pound from the lake record and number 3 on my all time smallmouth list. 20.5 inches long and 13 inches around, measured her because I'm thinking I might want a replica done of her.

bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 04:44 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

VERY nice ya got there buddy! That smallie's a try trophy!
Old 06-08-11, 07:53 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

BEAUTIFUL fish!!!! really awesum bronzie.
Old 06-08-11, 10:05 PM   #4
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice going -- those are all sweet fish!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.