Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-09, 09:44 PM   #26
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well the race SUCKED!!! The only good part was Jr. taking out the field. Think I'll stick to fishing on Sunday's.
Old 02-15-09, 09:50 PM   #27
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Well the race SUCKED!!! The only good part was Jr. taking out the field. Think I'll stick to fishing on Sunday's.
Ha , I agree. I like how at first the mouth waltrip was talking about how horrible that move was by jr. , ( im not saying it wasnt ) then he slowely started backpeddling because he realized jr has more fans than the rest of the field added together..if michael waltrip would have done it , it wouldnt have been that bad
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 10:34 PM   #28
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Ha , I agree. I like how at first the mouth waltrip was talking about how horrible that move was by jr. , ( im not saying it wasnt ) then he slowely started backpeddling because he realized jr has more fans than the rest of the field added together..if michael waltrip would have done it , it wouldnt have been that bad
dw is an idiot in my book. i just can't having jr shoved down my throat, i mean everytime there is a comercial on or they show a driver you can bet jr will be there. i don't like jr and the more they keep shoving him down my throat the more i can't stand him.

carl edwards fan here!
Old 02-15-09, 10:36 PM   #29
CMorg

I am a JR. fan...
Old 02-15-09, 10:47 PM   #30
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
I am a JR. fan...
so is my wife and all of her family, race day is a lot of fun around our house.
Old 02-16-09, 08:32 AM   #31
bcklash

C-rig who do you pull for? I hope it ain't Mark Martin or anybody from Roush. I to like Jr. but since he has Mark Martin has a teammate it hurts. I also like Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewert. #3 WILL ALWAYS BE THE MAN
Old 02-16-09, 09:47 AM   #32
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I rarely watch a race, other then Bristol and Dover. I usually just follow the season with reviews of races and stats. I'm just to busy watching and or listening to Yankee baseball.

As I posted, I'm a Stewart and Biffle fan. And "Biff" drove for Roush at one time. I was a big Roush fan when he 1st came up to the Nascar ranks with Mark Martin as his driver. Now those were the days.
Old 02-16-09, 10:19 AM   #33
aikenyounggun

yeah what is up with the rain shortened daytona..... thats so gay.... the best is the last twenty laps when eveyone tries to pur everyone into the wall......... cant stand that Kenseth won in such an undramatic fashion............... yeah what was up with the "acciedental" push jr gave biffle....... that wasnt an accident look at the replay
Old 02-16-09, 02:16 PM   #34
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
C-rig who do you pull for? I hope it ain't Mark Martin or anybody from Roush. I to like Jr. but since he has Mark Martin has a teammate it hurts. I also like Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewert. #3 WILL ALWAYS BE THE MAN
i am a big carl edwards fan. and tony stewart is up towards the top of the list of drivers i can't stand, what a cry baby. he is always complaining about something. like bump drafting, he pisses and moans about people doing it to him but it's alright when he does it. just can't stand him, but that's my opinion.....don't mean to run down your guys.

and aiken it was vickers not biffle but you are right, anything but an accident. but because it's jr, he will get away with it. anyone else would have been black flagged.
Old 02-16-09, 02:34 PM   #35
jcw1503

I do not like junior at all but i don't blame him for bumping him...he was a lap down so why was kyle trying to block him....
Old 02-16-09, 02:54 PM   #36
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
I do not like junior at all but i don't blame him for bumping him...he was a lap down so why was kyle trying to block him....
kyle didn't block him, brian vickers did. and since jr was a lap down why would he wreck a lead lap car? he was already in line for the lucky dog pass whether he passed vickers or not.
Old 02-16-09, 03:26 PM   #37
aikenyounggun

no he wasnt in the lucky dog spot.... vickers was..... thats why vickers blocked him.... vickers wanted the lucky dog spot and jr wanted it and jr had the faster car..... vickers didnt need to do it but jr definatley didnt need to crassh him and mess up the rest of the field
Old 02-16-09, 03:36 PM   #38
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
no he wasnt in the lucky dog spot.... vickers was..... thats why vickers blocked him.... vickers wanted the lucky dog spot and jr wanted it and jr had the faster car..... vickers didnt need to do it but jr definatley didnt need to crassh him and mess up the rest of the field
your right, i was thinking that vickers was a lead lap car which he wasn't. doens't matter, jr shouldn't have punted vickers like that. anybody else would have been black flagged, but nascar won't penalize the bonus baby over something like that.
Old 02-16-09, 04:50 PM   #39
CMorg

Sorry guys , but I thought it was funny. Took busch out too...double bonus.
Old 02-16-09, 04:55 PM   #40
bcklash

It's about time Dale Jr. quit driving like Mark Martin.
Old 02-16-09, 05:05 PM   #41
carolina-rig-01

<======== is still trying to figure out what mark martin did to bcklash lol.
Old 02-16-09, 05:18 PM   #42
bcklash

I don't like passive drivers and I believe he's the one that started the current trend of letting drivers pass without making them earn it. I believe you race every lap like it's the last lap, instead of letting them pass untill later when you might have a better car and I think that's why he never won a championship.
Old 02-16-09, 05:41 PM   #43
carolina-rig-01

i consider that smart racing. if your car isn't that great then there is no need in being stupid and racing so hard that your car goes away. i believe in saving tires and or gas until it's time to go. then if after a lot of wrenching on the car you get it to handle and drive good then race the wheels off of it, but there is no sense in wearing a car out early in the race by fighting for a position that you won't be able to hold onto. if the weather wasn't so bad at daytona you wouldn't have seen so many guys racing that hard that early, they were still several laps from go time.

that's my opinion anyways.
Old 02-16-09, 07:45 PM   #44
bcklash

C-rig, I understand where your coming and I also think that sponsors are the biggest reason for the way they drive in todays nascar, they want to see their car out on the track as long as possible. I'm old school I like the beating and the banging and racing all day long. That's the reason I liked Dale Sr. he raced for all he worth every lap. If you passed him you earned it. ( or got wrecked )

I like Carl Edwards ok because he don't take no crap. He just drives for the wrong owner.
Old 02-17-09, 01:40 AM   #45
carolina-rig-01

i think there may be times to drive the car for all it's worth, don't get me wrong. but a lot of times patience is rewarded, if you let the high strung guys with a go go go mentality beat the hell out of each other for 400 miles then start racing them late you can find yourself in good shape. or being patient until the track starts cooling down later if that is what your car is setup for is smarter than taking a chance of getting caught up in a wreck early when you have no business racing yet anyways. and as for senior, i couldn't stand the guy (i know i will take some crap for this and that is ok) but the guy would wreck his mom if it meant gaining a position. if my car isn't as good as your car and i have no help with drafting or getting a push then i am hung out and that is it but i don't believe in wrecking people for that alone. now i do like to see paybacks, and i love how long of memories these guys have and stuff like that is exciting to me but to just wreck someone because you need a caution or because they are gonna pass you isn't right, at least in my book.
Old 02-17-09, 01:09 PM   #46
lowrider

it sure is easy to tell who really understands the concept of a 500 mile race.

because of martins driving style he is one of the most respected drivers ever to walk through the garage. and in this era of trying to find the next great kid, he was hired at 50 years old by the owner that has put up 3 championships in a row. not to mention gordon's sucess. i'm no hendrick fan, but you can't argue with the man's ability to put winning people together. and that, friends, is what determines this thing as much as any other.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:51 PM   #47
bcklash

Lowrider, I understand it, I just don't like racing that way. Mark Martin is a race car driver, not a racer. As soon has he left Roush Racing, Jack started winning championship so he's been in good cars. Look at the guys winning the cup every year they race and they race up front.

I don't know maybe I do look at it wrong, but I know I don't like racing as much now as I did 15 or 20 yrs. ago.
Old 02-17-09, 02:07 PM   #48
lowrider

what year did kenseth win the championship, 2003. when did martin leave, 2006. you obviously aren't a martin fan, and that's ok, just don't make out like he's the "man in black" when you couldn't get anybody to agree with that assessment that's in the sport.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 03:06 PM   #49
aikenyounggun

martin is a great driver..... dont try to say anything other than that....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.