Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-09, 12:00 PM   #1
garry_3000
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Anglers being shot at

I was looking on bassfan today and saw an report that another angler was shot at while fishing beaver lake. Could some one please tell me why people are getting away with shooting at us. I have an license to carry an gun and hope I dont have to shoot some home owner because they think they own public water.
Old 05-15-09, 12:24 PM   #2
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have heard of people being shot at while trespassing to fish private lakes but public ones?!?!?!?!!?!? That's crazy.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 02:39 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

That is pretty messed up. And I even think it is little extreme to attempt a murder on some one that sneaks in a pond. I would hate to have it on my conscience for taking some one's life over a few fish. I know it's wrong to trespass & I am not condoning, but I don't think it deserves a death sentence.
Old 05-15-09, 03:29 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ya, it's scary! I've gotten shot at...... but than again, I was on public land. Still sceery though. Proabably blanks though!
Old 05-15-09, 03:37 PM   #5
bassackwards

yea i'v been shot with rocksalt that is some thing that i don't wish on anyone,but i never went back to that tank (pond) agen
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 04:02 PM   #6
Jim80

I've been shot at before but it was in an urban environment and my friend caught the slug in the stomach . Never been shot at while fishing though .

Jim
Old 05-15-09, 09:57 PM   #7
stevomac59

Wow, I hope I never get shot at.. that's why when I was at Falcon Lake, I stayed on the US side... who know what would've happend in the Mexico side..

Becareful out there!

Oh, and that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of... shooting someone just for fishing???... that's a tad bit EXTREME
Old 05-16-09, 11:28 AM   #8
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevomac59 View Post
Wow, I hope I never get shot at.. that's why when I was at Falcon Lake, I stayed on the US side... who know what would've happend in the Mexico side..
Nothing would have happened to you if you were on the Mexico side, that´s the side I fish when I go to Falcon.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 12:54 PM   #9
66KingFisher

I read that article.....sounded like some ol crazy hillbilly living back in the woods.....just his way of sayin "Howdy....yer on my land, now get the heck off".....lol.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 01:47 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

yeah sometimes i think hunters get confused and see something move and they shoot.... which you arent supposed to do.... but i have had hunters shoot in our general direction before.... its no fun

and i definately agree that you shouldnt be shot at just for some pond.... just tell me to leave and dont be an a hole about it
Old 05-17-09, 12:08 PM   #11
3dkicker

A local guide was shot at while fishing one of my club tournaments. The guide went to the ramp and called the police. They investigated and found the person who fired the shot but he stated that he was shooting at a squirrel on the birdfeeder with a .22 . I believe he was charged in the case but not attempted murder . The guide said he heard the round as it went past his head .
Old 05-17-09, 12:28 PM   #12
stevomac59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
The guide said he heard the round as it went past his head .
whoa!
Old 05-17-09, 03:19 PM   #13
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
A local guide was shot at while fishing one of my club tournaments. The guide went to the ramp and called the police. They investigated and found the person who fired the shot but he stated that he was shooting at a squirrel on the birdfeeder with a .22 . I believe he was charged in the case but not attempted murder . The guide said he heard the round as it went past his head .
Yeah they make a nice little wizzzing sound , I have said for years that the sound of a gun shot does not bother me but hearing the bullet does . We just buried my friends brother on thursday , he kicked an 18 year old kid out of the bar he bounced at and the kid came back with and pretty much executed him . It's just a shame the direction that the some of the youth in the world are headed .

Jim
Old 05-17-09, 03:59 PM   #14
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Wow jim, im sorry to hear that. Its never good to have to bury a friend. As for being shot at, I hate it just as much as the next guy. I haven't had a problem while fishing, but duck hunting gets me shot at every now and again. Once we were in a spot some other guy wanted at 3:30 in the morning and he shot at us from a boat as he went past. Luckily I was heavily clad, but he ruined a good hunting coat and a pair of 5mm waders. Called the cops when we got back, but couldn't get a make on the boat.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 04:30 PM   #15
Flippy
BassFishin.Com Member

wells were i com frum wesa shoot back......yeeehaaww
Old 05-17-09, 05:23 PM   #16
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Who says I didn't
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 08:14 AM   #17
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Yeah they make a nice little wizzzing sound , I have said for years that the sound of a gun shot does not bother me but hearing the bullet does . We just buried my friends brother on thursday , he kicked an 18 year old kid out of the bar he bounced at and the kid came back with and pretty much executed him . It's just a shame the direction that the some of the youth in the world are headed .

Jim
It use to be you fight, get whupped or whup somebody, shake hands and be done with it. Now they don't even bother with knives anymore. It's POW and somebody's dead over nothing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.