Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-09, 10:40 AM   #1
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing & boating show in Michigan

Just wanted to let everybody know that a great fishing & boating show is going on in Novi, MI this weekend (Metro Detroit). It's a great show to beak up the cabin fever that some of us have.

I know that Bender will be there with all his plastics as well.

http://www.showspan.com/UFD/Home.aspx
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 10:53 AM   #2
woody

Thanks for the info. It sounds like its gonna be a good time. Have fun!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 02:40 PM   #3
Bender

If anybody come make sure to stop by and see our display and say hi. We have some newly designed jigs as well as our soft plastics. We (Nemesis Baits) are in the KD Outdoors booth right beside Lake Ultimate. We have been working around the clock (literally until 3-5 AM) every night trying to get ready.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 03:26 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

Well the Kc sports show is this week end. It does'nt look good. Why are there vendors being allowed. That have nothing to do with sports. Infact it's almost a darn joke to even go. Alarm companies,siding are you kiddimg me. I want to buy spinnerbaits, soft plastics. Not listen to demonstrations about the dam miracle slicer. These people who run this show down here are a darn joke.
Old 01-08-09, 09:59 PM   #5
Nitro 640
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Another one for the Grand Rapids, MI area.
http://www.showspan.com/USG/DatesTimesAdmission.aspx
Nitro 640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 02:23 AM   #6
Bender

A short report after working my first day at a fishing show: BORING! I don't get to walk around and check out all the wares and talk to friends. I did manage to get a Fenwick Elite Tech drop shot rod for cheap. Hopefully some more people will come tomorrow because KVD is going to be there giving a seminar. If you are in the Novi, MI area stop by!
Old 01-10-09, 12:06 AM   #7
Bender

Another day down, it was a lot more busy today. There was even one of the Michigan pros there giving a seminar (notice our banner in the background ):

Be sure to stop by the show if you are in the area. There are a lot of good deals to be had and some of the those pesky CFlash crankbaits that I might just have to get.
Old 01-10-09, 12:10 AM   #8
MIbasser

Nice job Chris!! That's great having KVD in front of the banner. Did he buy anything?

I'll be there tomorrow morning as long as the roads aren't too bad....
Old 01-10-09, 12:56 AM   #9
Nitro 640

Bender,
are you going to be at the Grand Rapids one? If so let me know and I will for sure look you up.
Old 01-10-09, 01:26 AM   #10
Bender

I don't think that we will make it over to the west side of the state. We got a special deal for some extra space to get into this show and it has still been way over our budget. We are working with a couple tackle stores and might have some of our products available at their booths' if they are going. I will know for sure on Sunday.
Andy, No. KVD was at the booth adjoining ours and then the one of the other side too but he never stopped by. I am sure that he saw our banner though. It was supposed to be 15" x 48" but the guy screwed up making it and made it 15 FEET x 48". I wondered why it was so expensive. We had nowhere to put it so last night after they turned out the lights we went onto the grandstand and hung it up. Today the show manager came by and asked if that was our banner. We said "yes", and he replied "anybody with the ba!!s to hang that big thing up without asking is fine in my book" and walked away.
Old 01-10-09, 08:41 PM   #11
recon3295
BassFishin.Com Member

mi basser,
What part of Michigan are you from?
Old 01-10-09, 09:56 PM   #12
MIbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon3295 View Post
mi basser,
I'm in the Lansing area.
Old 01-11-09, 12:27 AM   #13
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon3295 View Post
mi basser,
Grand Rapids area for me.
Old 01-11-09, 12:59 AM   #14
Bender

Today started off great, got to see a lot of people including MIBasser. I recognized Andy right away but many people I know I didn't because I always see them on the water and now they are wearing street clothes, jackets, and no hats. I hate the show, my whole body is sore from standing for 12 hours. Also the bait monkey has caused me to spend more than I have made since there was a smokin' hot deal on a custom rod with spiral wrapped guides on a Loomis GLX blank that I could not pass up. Between that, the C-flash crankbait, and the rod from the other day my budget is shot.
If you have not made it down yet the show probably will not be busy tomorrow due to the snow and I can guarantee there will be some hot deals on tackle that vendors need to move. I saw Shimano Cumaras for $150, Crucials for $89, and KD Outdoors has up to 40% off some of his Loomis rods. Also don't be afraid to haggle, or at least try since many places have been slow and they need to move merchandise.
Old 01-11-09, 01:07 AM   #15
Nitro 640

Thanks for the info Bender!
I will have to see when they get out here by me if I can do the same. Me and my brother are planing or bringing some cash to buy some goodies at the show.
Have there been any good seminars on the water? Thats what we want to see if not the boats we cant buy on the indoor lake.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.