Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-09, 07:28 PM   #1
Kevin
Administrator

Exclamation Items Your Bringing to Member Event

This thread is only to be used for discussions about what everyone is bringing to the 2nd Annual BassFishin.Com Member Event on Kentucky Lake. Things like lawn chairs, napkins, plates, etc. Try not to post about any other topics... the purpose is to keep it clean and easy to read for everyone.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 07:42 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Okay Everybody, I hope you all like baked beans, because I'm planning on making enough to feed an army for supper Thur. Fri. and Sat. nights. I will bring it hot and ready to eat; one less thing all You Cooks to have to mess with.

You all can thank me later when the wind starts blowing! LOL

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 08:31 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i am bringing brats enough for all of ya i am going to grill them friday night..i got some bell peppers and onions to fry up with them..i also will be bringing something extra it's a suprise...i'll have hot sauce at least two cases of budlight-if i can keep the tenn kin out of it-.i'll have at least 25 pounds of charcoal..i'll bring my own chair -if i can find it- grill tools..i'll also have some glad containers for soaking the brats in coors light..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 05-07-09 at 07:50 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 09:28 PM   #4
bcklash

We are bringing;
buns
ketchup and mustard
forks and spoons
sugar
dixie cups
and Lisa let us know if you would like us to bring anything else
Old 05-06-09, 11:13 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Tony Packo's Pickles and Peppers from right here in Toledo. Should go great with brats.
That's about it food wise, unless something else is needed, then just let us know and we can probably bring it. We'll be bringing at least two chairs (for us), and again, if there's anything needed we'll bring it if we can.

BB
Old 05-07-09, 01:25 AM   #6
carolina-rig-01

we will bring 10lbs of potatoes for the saturday night fish fry as well as paper plates and paper towels. we will also bring a lot of other food as well (i have a pregnant wife with me you know). we will bring at least 2 lawn chairs and God only knows what else. and if i have room i will bring the boat and fishing stuff too lol.
Old 05-07-09, 08:46 AM   #7
MississippiBoy

Ok, we're bringing cornbread for dinner Friday and Saturday. Unless y'all would rather have something else, then we'll bring some other kind of bread.
I'll also have several chairs, however many we can fit, probably 3-4.
Also, I'll have the plastic utensils for eating both nights. I won't have any tongs or whatever will be needed for actually cooking, though. That's up to the cooks.
My wife won't let me out of the house without some kind of semi-lunch type snacks, so we'll probably have chips, soft drinks, maybe Vienna sausages...who knows?

Lisa, DO NOT think that you have to bring everything. If you think of anything else that doesn't get covered, let me know.
Old 05-07-09, 08:52 AM   #8
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippiboy View Post

lisa, do not think that you have to bring everything. If you think of anything else that doesn't get covered, let me know.
Yea what he said -- really Lisa let us know, we don't mind.

ONE WEEK--CAN'T WAIT
Old 05-07-09, 11:23 AM   #9
JB

We'll bring firewood for anyone that needs a few sticks, plus some oil, breading/flour, chops, corn, maybe some chili to reheat, and BEER!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 07:21 PM   #10
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Camping

Were bringing a huge tent, firewood, kinlen, (2) chairs, charcoal, (2) tiki torches, tri-pod to cook on, 1 gas burner...........30 pack of beer...I'm not running out (wink). This is my (our) plan..fish our nuggets off during the day, and then you will find Jb and I at our camp site with a fire, cold beer and probably some rock music playing.............sorry there will be no Hilly Billy music at our site....LOL.....now if I was missing some teeth or a tooth
now I will be jamming some haggard or George Jones....lol. I'm kidding all...
really. Just stop by the campground and we will all hang out....I can't wait.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cya Denny
PS.. You guys might want to bring plenty of of beer cause this is a dry
county I'm told
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 07:43 PM   #11
JB

kewl, i hope everyone packs a fillet knife and if you want to take fish home dont forget the zip lock big baggies. Also sunscreen, bottled water, meds.
Old 05-07-09, 08:18 PM   #12
bamabassman

ok gang. i justed talked to lisa. she is at the @#$%&*# beach without me till monday, yea it must be nice.lol.
anyway, here is what we are bringing for the fish fry saturday night. if there is something already being brought, let me know and i will check it off our list. or if you want to bring something ON the list let me know and i will check it off our list. here goes....

1 turkey fryere and gas for the fish,fries, shut up dawgs (or hush puppies ifn ya don't understand southern anglish,lol).
1 crispy southernstyle fish batter mix.
1 lemon pepper batter for da fish and/or shut up dawgs.
2 galons milk fo da ice cream, vanilla and strawberry flavors. fresh strawberries will be bought there most likely. along with chocolate chips (nestle), and chocolate syrup. any other brand ya want, bring it.
eggs, how many? i dunno. a LOT probably, 3 dozen? some for breakfast ya know,lol.
tenn pride mild sausage for the egg gravy on sunday morning. (served with homemade biscuits. lisa has made a bunch too,lol.)
orange juice fo da breakfast(s).
jap(?) peppers, for what? i have NO IDEA ON TIS ONE GANG,LMAO. her list.
ICE bought there i am sure of.
6 folding lawn chairs, 1 4 ft table, and another table if i can get the time to make it. we will need a few tables for the cooking and serving. put the food on at the least.
i seen where there will be some taters brought by c-rig. 10 pounds is a lot, but we may need more. another 10 pound bag anyone?
also we will need some corn on the cob there with the fish. can't eat fish without it now gang.
lisa also told me if anyone has a special batter that they want to use, by all means bring it and she will assist you in the cooking.
ALL drinks are byob, or byod. bring your own beer, bring yer on drinks. woody ahs the fart machine covered, good man there woody,lol.
so.... have i missed anything? messed up anything. need to bring anything else? leave anything at home? (besides me now,hahahaha. no not funny,lol)
biscuits and egg gravy will be served to ANYONE that wants it sunday morning at our place.
i need to tell tell ya'll this too. cuz i am the worst to NOT do it, BRING AND TAKE AS MANY PICTURES AND VIDEOS AS YOU CAN!
oh yea, also if you would be so kind to remember to bring me the collage football team of YOUR choice, autographed with your avatat, and real name and city and state. this is for me gang, gonna put up a shelf along my office wall and put them on it. just a little something i want to brag about. i will return the favor as i can afford this many caps. just give me your address to mail it to. it will take me some time, 30 caps is a lot of caps to buy,lol. but i will do it if oyu want me to. thanks gang, i means a LOT to me if you can do this.
ok, now tell me what ya'll think so far. it's gonna be a blast!

oh yea.. jb, i will have 2 electric knives there pal. just bought anew one for this event. can't find replacement blades for the old one. and we will most likely need a gallon of oil for the fry.
Old 05-07-09, 08:32 PM   #13
JB

Goood gawd man thats nuff vittles to open a Dennys wtg lisa!
Old 05-07-09, 08:33 PM   #14
bamabassman

well jb........zooker IS gonna be ther ain't he?
Old 05-07-09, 08:35 PM   #15
JB

LOL OH NO YOUJUS DINDIT
Old 05-07-09, 08:35 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Bama, I thought you'd have learned from the last get together that good old fashin fillet knives are much better. Anyways, we will be bringing ours, so count us in for filleting fish.

We can bring another bag of taters, 10lb or 5lb?

Also, let me know if you need some more shut up dog mix. My grandma's recipe is great, it's from alabama.

BB
Old 05-07-09, 08:37 PM   #17
bamabassman

by ALL means YES BUDDY. nothing like grandmas recipe. if it comes from alabama, ya KNOW it's good. AND JB.......yes i did! HAHAHAHAHA.

oh and bb, 10 pounds SHOULD cover the taters. have some each night?
Old 05-07-09, 08:44 PM   #18
BigBassin144

You trying to make us all fat?!

BB
Old 05-07-09, 08:47 PM   #19
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
You trying to make us all fat?!

BB
some of us are already there.
Old 05-07-09, 09:31 PM   #20
Denny_K

Default Lol

let's go with Crackerbarrel Jb, I won't even eat at a Denny's...LOL.
but ya...wow that's a boat load or a SHIP's worth of food.....Hey it's cool man.
My biggest concern is running out of beer and what kind to get????....
OOOhhhHHHH the stress Denny
Old 05-07-09, 11:10 PM   #21
WTL

Whose bringing the gee-tar so we can sing koom bai yah?

I'm gonna try and pick up some minikegs. Becks if I can get it. Maybe a big thing of Aristocrat or something as well.
Old 05-08-09, 04:15 PM   #22
bcklash

Bama, I can bring 3 6' tables, and a couple of chairs.
Old 05-08-09, 04:51 PM   #23
zooker

denny
i sent my lil girl after the bud light. she comes back with THREE 20 PACKS of long necks.think i got enough?... i got a roll of tin foil,charcoal,a lighter, lighting fluid -in case of rain- beer is in the fridge now -i'll have to turn it way down- or it'll freeze the beer and blow the caps off.

zooker
Old 05-08-09, 06:29 PM   #24
MississippiBoy

Just thought...I'll bring a roll of big garbage bags for all the trash. It'd be nice if we left Big Bear clean so's we can go back one day...
Old 05-09-09, 09:48 AM   #25
Denny_K

Default Wow!!!!

Wow, yes that might cover it man, that's a lot of B.L. he you can never have enough. Sounds great. I'm very excited to meet everyone and make
some new friends. Everyone be safe, Kentucky were on our way!!!!!!!.
cya Denny

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.