Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-06, 10:05 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Won't ever do that again, and they can't make me.

Alright here's the deal, especially for the non-boaters in a tournament. I fished the BFL, Seminole division saturday out of Palatka, FL. The weather was cold, and rainy . I fished with a nice young man, who was a decent fisherman. The problem was that he and at least 40 of the 84 boats drove 45 minutes to a area the fish were on beds(warm fed spring) where the water was 70-72 degrees. Now I have to first off say that from what I was told by 3 different folks, the fish have been bedding for the last 3 weeks in this spot. Well when we get to the spot, he would find a bed pull up to it, and fish it. I was stuck out the back, with nothing to fish. All the fish were on beds, water clarity was 7-9 feet, very clear. He fished the beds almost all day, and of course when he pulls the boat up(front facing the bed) and anchors, that leaves me in nowheresville. I didn't quit, but threw everything I had to anything that looked like it might have any fish, and got 1 bite from a 6" bass, which I just shook off(yes I could see the bass). During the 6 hours we were in this area, I saw most of the boaters catch fish, but never, I repeat never did a non-boater boat a fish. It was just a complete waste of my time, and money, just like the rest of the non-boaters To top it off the boater only caught 1 fish, that was just barely over 12", and another shorter fish I understand the boaters are there to catch fish, but the beds had been hammered, and he obviously wasn't the best at sight fishing.(neither am I for that matter ). I'm only guessing here, but would say that at least 50-60 bass were caught from this area, which was approx 70 acres. Then they were taken back to the launch, which was about 45 minute boat ride. None of these fish ever made it back to their beds. Now again, I didn't like that but understand it, but never will I again fish in a tourney(unless it's a team tournament) when the fish are on beds as a non-boater. If you don't have a chance to catch any fish, what's the point. Oh that's right donating my money

Lizards
Old 02-13-06, 06:32 AM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sounds like it sucked bad. Sorry to hear it Liz.
Old 02-13-06, 02:52 PM   #3
flfireman

I dont agree with fishing beds for tourneys at all. Sorry it sucked for ya. Pretty selfish of the guy to cock block you from any beds. Last I checked boats can be anchored in multiple directions.
Old 02-13-06, 06:47 PM   #4
zooker

lizzy
my name anit bassnman30 i will not back boat you.. hell i will even let you run the tm some of the time..

zooker
Old 02-13-06, 06:51 PM   #5
JB

Lizards,
I found this out many moons ago..the best advise I can give ya is if the guy you draw doesn't fish that body to much (or ever) , tell him you have fished this place a thousand times and know where the fish will be and what locations....you'd be surprised how many clowns out there will let you decide where to go, especially if they have just prefished it once in there life and only have buddies telling them where to fish..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-06, 02:16 PM   #6
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

one time i was a non boater and the boater took us through a culvert and anchored as soon as he poked his head out so i was still in the culvert. i got pissed picked up my senko rod and chucked the senko right past his head. he got pissed and looked at me. i said i paid plenty of money to fish here too. he started to laugh, lifted anchor and pulled out and apoligized. i guess he respected that becuase later showed me a few things.
Old 02-15-06, 08:11 AM   #7
lizardsrule

ROTFL,

Just looked at the results from the tourney, and the guy who won on the boater side was c-rigging, obviously wasn't one of the guys fishing the beds, and he beat the closet competitor by 4lb 1 oz I'm sooo happy to hear that, makes my day.

Lizards
Old 02-15-06, 07:45 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

actually C-rigging isn't bad for bed fishing especially when using some sort of floater. Just having a fluke or some other soft plastic just hovering over the bed can be deadly. Lost a Big female on a carolina rigged beaver a couple weeks ago when we were having that warmer weather.
Old 02-15-06, 10:00 PM   #9
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

anyone ever tried them carolina floaters?? i think thats what theyre called. theyre shaped like bullet weights but they float.
Old 02-15-06, 10:38 PM   #10
Rodman_Rob

never heard of them, personally I was refering to heavily salt injected plastics that tend to float because of the large amount of salt in them.
Old 02-16-06, 03:29 PM   #11
bassnman30

Zooker
I refuse to except that type of criticism. I was a non-boater for several yrs. prior to winning the over all pts. champion 2 years ago. Man get over it, when I told you lets go to your spots, (at about 11:30) all that you showed me where "communty" holes. I have had no complaints ref. "pigeon holing" others(just ask Eddie M). If you want to complain about me then don't do it on a computor. Hell, bring it up at the meeting, or better yet just tell the tournament director (Billy). He'll solve any complaints that are made.
Maybe you should be a boater yourself. Give it a break.
Old 02-16-06, 06:35 PM   #12
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i say pistols at 50 paces....lmao
Old 02-16-06, 07:16 PM   #13
zooker

you will except it bassnman i could care less how you feel about it..

then LEARN TO OPERATE YOUR BOAT.....

zooker
Old 02-16-06, 08:43 PM   #14
bass kicker

i am starting to fish tournaments this year as a boater and as a non boater

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.