Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-09-09, 05:20 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Smile Me and the boyz...

And yeah, the wife, too. We got to make about a 2-3 hour trip this morning to a little catfish pond. We ended up bringing home 18 channel cats and a blue or bullhead cat, at least I think that is what it was. We started out fishing on bottom with no luck and then all the sudden the fish starting swirling the top of the water, so I got everyone a bobber about 18" off the hook and man they went to hitting the liver and worms before the ripples got a foot away. I am glad I didn't bring my rod because between running 50 yards between the kids and wife, I couldn't keep them baited up fast enough. All of them were between a pound to about 3 pounds was the largest.

My oldest, he is sort of a whiner I must admit, missed the first one and sat there and cried and gave the poor me I never catch them. I tried to condole him for a second and just turned and walked off and I heard him holler. I turned back and the 202 was bent over. Needless to say, he didn't cry anymore. My the 3 year old caught 3 or 4 unassisted, too, I was so proud. I have to watch him close because he is not scared of anything. The older won't handle fish, but the baby will waller on them. I am afraid he is going to get finned by one and burn him. But he lipped the bullhead, about 2-2.5# and it bit the mess out of his finger. Took a little hide off his finger, but he was right back in there trying to grab them after Momma kissed it and put a bandaid on him. And Momma was even setting the hook like a pro. She looked funny with the butt of the rod resting on her 7 month belly. I told her the little one was probably trying to grab at the rod through her belly, because she said he was cuttin' rusties all morning.

My oldest one is trying to get me to take him bass fishing, but most of my places are public water and it's all I can do to boat 5 fish in a day. I just don't think he is ready yet and I don't want to give him a bad taste for bass fishing before he understands that they don't catch like bream and cats.

Just thought I would share a good family day with my friends. Y'all have a good one and I will try to get a few pictures of the catch on this evening. Happy Momma's Day to all you women reading and I want to wish all my buddies' wives and Mommas the same.
Old 05-09-09, 06:39 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

great story bubba. glad ya'll all got out and had a great time. and you may be right about taking the oldest fishing right now. if he is a whiner now, he will hate it if he don't a bass right off the bat bass fishing. and i chuckled at the thought of "momma" holding the bent rod and the not-yet born trying to grab the rod. that's great man. keep it up pal. and happy mothers day to your wife and everyone's momma out there. taking mine out to lunch tomorrow.
Old 05-09-09, 06:47 PM   #3
Jim80

sounds like a good day out man . glad you had fun

Jim
Old 05-09-09, 07:02 PM   #4
Bassboss

Sounds like a GREAT time bubba I love catchin cats! Been a long time though!
Old 05-11-09, 11:40 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I couldn't get the pics off my wifes phone with the boys at the pond. And I couldn't get them to pose when we got home. There were too busy playing on the water slide. A few years, and we might be in contention with Capt Mike. hahahaha I doubt it.
Old 05-12-09, 08:11 AM   #6
Bassboss

Wow bubba! Those are some nice cats!

Must a been really fun cleaning them!
Old 05-14-09, 09:32 AM   #7
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I agree about the bass catching. My oldest wants to catch bass too but I want him to get a good fill of catching the bluegills and crappie first. Trying to catch bass and not being successful can dampen their spirit and confidence.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.