Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-10-12, 10:16 PM   #1
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Treble hooks?

So this guy who is moving needed to get rid of some lures and a pike stuffing and he gave it to me i got around 200 lures about 150 are salt the other 50 are poppers and jerk baits they are pretty large but i ams till trowing them ahah all them need new hooks soo does anyone know where i can buy a lot of cheap and decent hooks?? thanks
Old 06-11-12, 11:44 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
cheap and decent hooks??
That is DEFINITELY an oxymoron. IMO there is no such thing. My first choice for treble hooks would be Owner ST-36 in black nickle. They also make red if you like those, but not my preference. Unfortunately they are not cheap but they are the best treble you can hang on a bait, again that's my opinion. Second choice would be a VMC, and third is Gamagatsu, only due to the fact I've found Gammies are prone to rust fairly easily when stored in a Plano box if any moisture gets in there. They will all rust, but the Owner & VMC not as quickly or as easily.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 07:50 PM   #3
Scott the fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
That is DEFINITELY an oxymoron. IMO there is no such thing. My first choice for treble hooks would be Owner ST-36 in black nickle. They also make red if you like those, but not my preference. Unfortunately they are not cheap but they are the best treble you can hang on a bait, again that's my opinion. Second choice would be a VMC, and third is Gamagatsu, only due to the fact I've found Gammies are prone to rust fairly easily when stored in a Plano box if any moisture gets in there. They will all rust, but the Owner & VMC not as quickly or as easily.
Haha yes it is an oxymoron haha i am keeping them up at my grand parents for when i bring friends and they want to catch pickerel so i am not looking for the best hooks just slightly below average, with your advice i think i will go with gammies they never let me down on my off set hooks so trebles i think will be okay thanks for the advice!
Old 06-12-12, 12:23 AM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I get mine here:

http://lurepartsonline.com/

Great place for lure components. Just remember, you get what you pay for and the hook is probably the most critical component.
Old 06-12-12, 07:43 AM   #5
bassboogieman

THANKS for that link. Good prices on hooks, especially the Owner. Cheaper by more than a dollar over the "big sporting goods" stores and for a 10 pack vs. their 7-8 pack. That's a heck of a savings!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 01:17 PM   #6
islandbass

If you can find them VMC sells 25 packs for about $5. That is a good value anywhere. If you need to know about their reputation, these are the hooks Rapala puts on their lures stock.
Old 06-12-12, 07:39 PM   #7
Scott the fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
I get mine here:

http://lurepartsonline.com/

Great place for lure components. Just remember, you get what you pay for and the hook is probably the most critical component.
I am buying them here! Have you ordered anything from there?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.