Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-12, 02:00 PM   #101
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Default needham

not sure if these pics will help you or not, sorry not to highjack your question for bassfisher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat 002.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7647   Click image for larger version

Name:	boat 001.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	7648   Click image for larger version

Name:	boat 004.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	7649  
carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 06:02 PM   #102
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needham View Post
cool, so I am not that far behind! LOL

can you tell me what prop you are running? and what what bolt holes you are using in back?

thanks for any help.
Don't know if you'll get my message or not, but the boat is at Tracker for spring maintenace, I should get it back end of the week or next, I'll let ya know more then.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 06:12 PM   #103
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
not sure if these pics will help you or not, sorry not to highjack your question for bassfisher.
Carroll can you ask the owner if he has any type of problem with the jack plate he has, what speed he sees, and brand of the jack plate, what would he say the pros and cons are? Sorry for so many question, but been thinking about getting one for awhile now.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-12, 08:31 PM   #104
needham
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys..... and thanks bassfisher, please let me know when you can, also bassfisher do you run a jackplate?

and carroll, any help is good help. LOL, I am the one that has hijack the thread. Should I just make a new thread, or do yall want to keep it between us avalanche guys?
needham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 08:34 PM   #105
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

no problem bassfisher i'll talk to him this weekend, i do know he said he liked the jack plate, and he said he has seen 60mph w/the 135
Old 02-28-12, 08:35 PM   #106
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i have a jackplate on my rig. it helps out a LOT!! it jsut doesn't work on ya'lls kind of rig, it works on ALL rigs.
Old 02-28-12, 09:04 PM   #107
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

needham thats funny, no your ok man. hahaa, i'm just trying to get as much info and knowledge about the avalanche before i go and get it in april. carroll out.
Old 02-29-12, 06:27 PM   #108
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

yo bassfisher, i emailed my buddy, about the jack plate, here is his response

I haven't had a single problem with the jack plate. Its not electric or hydrolic. Its adjustable though. There is no cons just pros from me.The plate gets the motor back and down away from the transom into clean water. The hull creates air and the prop picks it up and it will cause an air pocket causing the prop to spin in a air bubble and not water. This results in no speed and slow getting up on plane. They call it cavitation!! I can't see the brand of plate since I am down here. My speed increased from about 48 MPH to just over 60 MPH. This is on the GPS which is very accurate. This was done by Bass Pro, Tracker shop. I know they re-proped the engine also. I would have to look at the prop to see what the pitch is.. I think its a 23, 3 blade, stainless. The 135 and the 150 motor is the same cubic inch displacement. The only difference is the final drive is bigger on the 150 and only gives you about 4 more MHP and 15 more horses. But the plate and prop puts is right up there if not better. At 60 MPH you are riding just on the pads and it will get a little squirrely. My (your) boat is outstanding on fuel consumption. I have always used mid grade gas also. P.S. I went fishing yesterday. Caught 2 around 3 pounds and had 5 other strikes. I was asleep at the wheel loosing the others. Lack of practice.. Later..
Old 03-04-12, 10:05 AM   #109
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
yo bassfisher, i emailed my buddy, about the jack plate, here is his response

I haven't had a single problem with the jack plate. Its not electric or hydrolic. Its adjustable though. There is no cons just pros from me.The plate gets the motor back and down away from the transom into clean water. The hull creates air and the prop picks it up and it will cause an air pocket causing the prop to spin in a air bubble and not water. This results in no speed and slow getting up on plane. They call it cavitation!! I can't see the brand of plate since I am down here. My speed increased from about 48 MPH to just over 60 MPH. This is on the GPS which is very accurate. This was done by Bass Pro, Tracker shop. I know they re-proped the engine also. I would have to look at the prop to see what the pitch is.. I think its a 23, 3 blade, stainless. The 135 and the 150 motor is the same cubic inch displacement. The only difference is the final drive is bigger on the 150 and only gives you about 4 more MHP and 15 more horses. But the plate and prop puts is right up there if not better. At 60 MPH you are riding just on the pads and it will get a little squirrely. My (your) boat is outstanding on fuel consumption. I have always used mid grade gas also. P.S. I went fishing yesterday. Caught 2 around 3 pounds and had 5 other strikes. I was asleep at the wheel loosing the others. Lack of practice.. Later..
Can it be adjusted on the fly? Also can you try and get the brand/model, anything else I might need. Something else I thought about, how old is the jackplate, the dimensions and what is the offset? (I think that's what it is called) I want one bad, monkey is screaming at me badly. (He knows I have the money now after selling my old 94 tracker magna deep v17 dc) I'm gonna miss the old girl, we had a lot of fun in her, plus she was my first.

Last edited by bassfisher; 03-04-12 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-04-12, 04:00 PM   #110
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

he won't be able to get the info till mid-april he is in florida till then, i will be sure to get the info when i go get the boat.thanks carroll out.
Old 03-08-12, 12:54 AM   #111
bassfisher

needham, My motor is in the first hole, and Tracker said it should be in the second hole like yours and carroll. I bought this boat used a few years back, so someone the past did that, for reason unknown to me, and I forget to get the prop info. It's back in the shop for a water pump replacement, so once it's back I'll get that info to ya.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.