Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-09, 06:35 PM   #1
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06
Default So how's your week been?

Well figured i'd ask.. just since mines been pretty bad.
Well Thursday i finnay got a set of tweeters from a buddy that promised them every day last week. so i got home, tore the dash out, put them in, and got it all nice and working. well the drivers one, the hard one to get in, quit workin, so i crank up the system and start tapping it as i go through town, I turn left and go down a street and fixing to go into the gas station. well traffics comming and a cop turns his lights on, so i went down the street turned right to let him by, and he followed me.
so he gets to the window, and he says, you know why i stopped you? i said yeah, i didnt turn my signal on.. sorry. Well, that, and your musics bumpin a little too loud. thats a 500 dollar fine after some talking, he came back to the window with a nice little ticket.

well my dad wasnt too mad about it,,said its a load of BS.
Friday i hung around, went to our highschool graduation, got kinda sad and all, and talked to my cousin whos a cop. he says the cop was being a @$$ hole, or didnt get the memo, but the tickets not supposed to be but 225 so he might can atleast get it dropped to the normal ticket charge.
Saturday. got up, and watched the 2008 bassmassters classic on TV and caught the fever, so when my dad said he was goin to walmart, i went with him. and got fishing stuff. I'm supposed to meet my uncle at 3:30 here at the house to go take pictures at a wedding, and its around 12:30, so i decide, well i'm gunna go fish for a bit in the dakota. after fishing for 15 minutes i got in the truck and went around this little side road to get to where i missed a big fish the other day, and sink the dakota to the axle almost. i tried and failed to get it out, my dad came out to help me and after an hour or so we went to the house, got the chain and come-along and got it out.I arrive at the house at 3:30 . wedding went great, got loads of pics, and got paid
Sunday, woke up went to church in my dress whites, got them dirty, found out our preachers leaving us here in june and hes pretty cool 25 and two earrings. lol. After i got home, went to eat with my grandma for her b-day, and she just got out the hospital saturday. So after all that, i decide to ride over to the town about 15 minutes away, and go to wally world, get seat pedestals for my boat, on the way, i got stopped again, and the cop let me off with a 50/35

so i got to walmart, got my stuff, and got out. came home, put the seats in.

i bought a seat a while back and the other one is one i had.
Monday- i told my dad i'd take him fishing in the pond i fish at on my rights, he said iight, so we went, i wore my old navy st patricks day shirt thats brought me luck before and i missed 8 fish and he caught about 8. When we get home, we load the boat up to go to the lake. The high speed jets arent right, so we wernt running but about half throttle anyway. the plan was to drop it my my football coaches house on the way home, whos a boat motor mechanic. Well we get about 3 miles up the lake, and we hear a pop. look in the bilge well, and theres nothing there, i look up to see the back a big further back than before. the transom broke. so here we are 3 miles from the landing, and the back of the boats falling off. so we give it gas, and it breaks more, at one point, the back of the motor was in the water. so we idled it around and hit the mud bottom. had to get out, and we tied the front of the motor to the front of the boat, and idled it back while holding onto the motor. got to the landing, and took the motor off and put it in the back of the truck.

got home and took the back plate off, and also found out the left sides cracked about as bad as this one. ound:
my dad said, it wont break next time, cause i'm gunna do it, and do it right [ well he did the corner fiberglass on this]
i said, mkay, you do that, i'm gunna find a bass boat that needs a floor or something, and fix it. and you have fun with this one.
So how have yalls weeks been goin?
Old 05-25-09, 06:43 PM   #2
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Little better than that!
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 06:43 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya need to ride my bike, it outruns the cops.....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 06:46 PM   #4
MrPhotographer06

haha. well the cops here got put to shame when they got a new charger and had it chipped to go 180. cut off man clocked a guy at 202 during pursuit on a crotch rocket.
Old 05-25-09, 09:25 PM   #5
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That must be one fast bike...to outrun radio waves, JB!

You are gonna get sooooo busted.
Old 05-25-09, 09:50 PM   #6
MrPhotographer06

thats what i say nofear.

you can out run that crown vic, or caprice, or DNR boat... but your not beating that radio.
Old 05-25-09, 11:30 PM   #7
Rebbasser

Much better than last week. Lancer6 and I even got out on the water Saturday morning before T-storms chased us off.
Old 05-26-09, 06:16 PM   #8
mariner

Quote:
what kind of bike do you have?
Old 05-26-09, 06:24 PM   #9
JB

I have a 2005 suzuki rice burner boulevard, it sold off the show room in 2006, a co workers brother had it and his wife got in a fight with him and pushed it over in the garage with her car, he sold it to his brother that I work with and he had it three months and his wife found out she was preggo and wanted four wheelers, so he sold it to me for four grand. I had been bidding on ebay for the same bike or another like it that was a Kawasaki for about 5700, so I felt I got a deal on a newer bike, that only have three thousand miles on it.
I had a rod go bad in my previous bike , a Kawasaki, and gave it to a neighbor.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	3642

click to enlarge
Old 05-25-09, 06:47 PM   #10
Jim80

it's been a week man . I am packing and getting ready to move and about the only thing that sucked was i got a letter for jury duty .

Jim
Old 05-25-09, 09:18 PM   #11
MrPhotographer06

yeah its been pretty crappy. cant believe its been this bad.

well i've got two exams tomorrow and one thursday. i exempted 3. to exempt you must have an A for the year
Old 05-25-09, 11:46 PM   #12
66KingFisher

We get home saturday to find our daughter in tears......her lazy boyfriend and father of our granddaughter.....is in jail in some podunk town about an hour and half away, and he was driving the daughters car and its been impounded.....Great.....Seems he was stopped for no seatbelt, and they saw an open container of alcohol within his reach, and in Oklahoma thats an immediate arrest, whether you been drinkin out of it or not.....apparently he wasn't aware of that law.

The daughter is frantic and mad....she has to be at work in half an hour and can not miss being there.....so we calm her down and tell her see what we can do....we call Podunksville police dept to inquire about getting her car(I could care less about the boyfriend at this point...he's on his own). We are told that we could pick up the car for the impound fee of $89 and change, and the owner of the car did not have to be the one to do it, since she was our daughter.....as long as we had her license, registration and title.....we did.

So we take her to work and we take off towards Podunksville.....Now with one of the boyfriends homies in tow since he's agreed to cough up the $780 bail to get his homeboy outta the slammer......Cause I sure as heck ain't doin it. All the way there he's askin "Do ya think he'll pay me back?....do ya think I should be doin this?.....and all I could think was "Jeeeez dude shut up cause I don't care either way, I just don't wanna hear about it".....i'm already po'd at the kid....he's constantly in trouble and does nuthing but drag my daughter and granddaughter along in his wake. But i'm just as mad at the daughter for puttin up with his crap for all this time....I keep thinkin she'll wake up and stop supporting this guy and dump him for a real guy but she hasn't yet...Love truely is blind......In the mean time she and the grandbaby live with us and we allow him to stay here with them on the weekends since he's been attending welding school in Tulsa and stays with his uncle during the week.

Anyways, we get to Podunksville only to be told that we could not get the car without the arresting officers permission and he was workin a roadblock out on boondocks road headed to sticksville.....Great.....so we have to track down a roadblock in the middle of the boonies....its now bout 9pm and let me tell ya, its dark in the boonies.....we finally find the roadblock and the officer only to be told "NO" we could not pick up the car....the owner must be the only one......Great.....No amount of whining from my wife did anygood to change his mind either.......we did manage to talk him into allowing us to get the babies carseat and some other personal belongins outta her car once we found our way back to Podunksville....then we were informed that storage fee's of $30 per day would be charged till it was picked up.....great.....thanks....have a nice evening officer.

Now onto rescue the looser boyfriend....only back at the police station were told he's been transfered from the Podunksville jail to the county jail in Hicksville another 12 miles down the road.....great.....off we go.

To make a long story short....3/4 tank of gas and several hours later we have the looser boyfriend back at our house but not the daughters car....they managed to go get it today.....but we had to loan her the money to do that......She acts like it was no big deal now....all is just hunkydory.....I swear I can't figure these kids out.....I'm bout ready to kick them out of our house but I already know they have no where else to go.....and I'm not sending my grandbaby into the streets.....so I dunno what were gonna do yet.....but just so's you know MrPhotographer....you ain't the only one that had a crappy week bud.

Good luck on repairing or finding another boat.....I know where there are some cheap bassboat hulls, but they are in Oklahoma.....i've been kickin around the idea of restoring one of them myself, but a little man somewhere inside my head keeps screaming "DON'T DO IT"....So far I've been listening to him.....I hope I can hold out.....LOL.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 07:30 AM   #13
MrPhotographer06

oh and did i tell yall that i've got two exams to take today

one at 8:00 and one at 9:30.

but after my 9:30 exam thursday, i'm officially a senior
Old 05-26-09, 06:15 PM   #14
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
oh and did i tell yall that i've got two exams to take today

one at 8:00 and one at 9:30.

but after my 9:30 exam thursday, i'm officially a senior
my two exams are Thursday then i am a sophomore or more importantly free for the summer
Old 05-26-09, 07:51 AM   #15
Bassboss

Wow! That really sucks!!!

My weekend went good!

On Saturday we went to lunch and to dick's, got some stuff. On Sunday, both my bros caught there PB's (an 8lber, and a 5 1/5lber), and I got to lip those for them. On Monday I went fishing and got a plane that had crashed in the lake and than drifted to the other side for an elderly man... he gave me 15$. After that we had ribs for dinner! And right now I have the highest bid on a 7" NIB TT swimbait.

I give it an 8 out of 10 weekend!
Old 05-26-09, 01:02 PM   #16
JB

so was that hefty fine for noise your first offense? Seems like every county and state is finding all ways possible to creat revenue for thier towns.
Old 05-26-09, 08:38 PM   #17
Jim80

Quote:
so was that hefty fine for noise your first offense? Seems like every county and state is finding all ways possible to creat revenue for thier towns.
No crap on that man. I was into car audio for along time my last car had 3 12 inch sub woofers in the trunk with a 1200 watt amp ran all the speakers in series and trust me when I tell you it was loud , if I had it turned up it would push liquids back up your throat , but never got a ticket for excessive noise and the system hit 154db in competition .

jim
Old 05-26-09, 09:49 PM   #18
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
No crap on that man. I was into car audio for along time my last car had 3 12 inch sub woofers in the trunk with a 1200 watt amp ran all the speakers in series and trust me when I tell you it was loud , if I had it turned up it would push liquids back up your throat , but never got a ticket for excessive noise and the system hit 154db in competition .

jim
a friend lives a few blocks from the school. you can hear him on the way to school he hit 148 with his old amp running 2 XFL american bass with 1600W @1 ohm. hes got a 3k amp now.
Old 05-26-09, 01:28 PM   #19
NWOhioBear
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NWOhioBear

Mine was bad to just not going into details except to say.. My dad lost my car.

Not that this is totally a bad thing. I've been writing a book here for awhile and it's prompted me to quit ****ing off and procrastinating and finish it. As soon as I do I am moving back out and saying good bye. Gotta quit living my life for my parents when they won't take care of themselves.
Kingfisher I'd have to beat the boy.. I mean straight up kick the **** get out of my house beat down. Doesn't matter if he knew or not. Shouldn't have an open container/alcohol in your daughters car. That's just common sense to not leave it laying there in the open. I hate dumbass folks.

Photographer All i have to say is.. "Kids and there loud music I'll never understand it" Also a hint for ya .. Toss in smaller speakers in the front that can hold bass << (not fish) and you won't need to crank it up for the same affect. Just use your fade settings. If you want to show off then you can fade it back turn on your woofers and be good to go.

Bear the hater of dumbassness.

Sorry to hear I'm not the only one to have a ****ty week though.
NWOhioBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 05:41 PM   #20
MrPhotographer06

yeah, i put tweeters in.
Old 05-26-09, 06:05 PM   #21
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

King Fish
I feel for you I have 2 girls too! BOY MUST GO! BABY GETS TO STAY!! Let daughter choose her road, you can not change her mind! Remember your house YOUR rules!
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 06:38 PM   #22
mariner

nice bike man
i personally like choppers or crotch rockets my self
Old 05-26-09, 06:49 PM   #23
swimbaitkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Usually if your are A-hole to them they give you a ticket for the max amount, I'm NOT saying you were an A-hole but if you are nice to them they will be nice most of the time for little stuff, unless you get get pulled over by a guy that has some "power" for the first time in his life and likes to ruin a persons day
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 09:57 PM   #24
66KingFisher

All you kids and your thumpin stereos.....dontcha ya'll know yer gonna be tone deaf before yer 30?
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:38 AM   #25
MrPhotographer06

had court today.. got off on $150 bucks

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.