Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-10, 09:22 PM   #1
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Kevin

Kevin, just a thought, wonder if its possible to add a feedback feature in members profile like seen on eBay or some forums? Or maybe add "Members Feedback" in Additional Categories so that the members can post their positive or negative feedback that way. I'm talking about those who sells items.

I welcome anyone chime in their thought on this subject. Looking out for each other.
BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 09:34 PM   #2
Kevin
Administrator

Hey BassBandit,

Not a bad idea at all. A very good one! I'll look into it for sure. Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

But I will warn you that I am busy working on our upcoming updates launch.. so it may take a couple months to get to.

Thanks for your idea... and as always.. I welcome any and all feedback!

Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 09:44 PM   #3
BassBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
But I will warn you that I am busy working on our upcoming updates launch.. so it may take a couple months to get to.
Looking forward to new launch! No rush. Take your time and it'll be worthwhile! Thanks.
Old 02-01-10, 10:21 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Please explain what a feedback is. Fore real, i am wondering what this will be like. Give an example of how it will work.
Old 02-01-10, 10:33 PM   #5
BassBandit

If you go to a members profile in eBay you will see their positive and negative feedback from their customers. It indicate if the seller is trustworthy or not. Also seen on several forums in classified ads. So we can buy and/or sell on here to prevent us from getting scammed.
Old 02-01-10, 11:45 PM   #6
bamabassman

Ok, sounds cool if folks don't use personal greivences against another member. That is my only problem with it. Never seen it in action though. See sometimes people get into it here, and i am afraid that it might spill over to something lie this. We ALL have dissagreements, but it shouldn't affect a person if and when they are wanting to sell something. I think there would have to be some very strict guidlines on this. What do you think Kevin?
Old 02-02-10, 12:02 AM   #7
nofearengineer

The problem is, Kevin owns all of our posts, technically. And thus, he is liable in the end for anything posted on this board. And if some jerk thinks he needs to sue you for ruining his reputation as a seller, Kevin will be caught in the crossfire.

Don't think I'm over-reacting. it happens on ebay every day. Ever since they took away sellers' rights to leave negative feedback about buyers, they've just resorted to suing people who left feedback they didn't think they deserved.

I think it's a good idea at first thought...but like everything else...all it takes is a few jerks to ruin it for everyone else.
Old 02-02-10, 12:05 AM   #8
bamabassman

That is what i am talking about bryce. Good point there pal. I am for it, but it is up to Kevin.
Old 02-02-10, 12:51 AM   #9
Kevin
Administrator

Yea Bryce is correct, and I think a full-blown user-rating feature would be counter-productive to the forums community. But there are some other options that are unobtrusive and completely non-combative that I'll explore.

But like I said, good idea, but will be a while before I can explore anything with it. I'll add it to my ideas list.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 01:50 AM   #10
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

How about a star rating system simular to what Youtube has? Each person has one chance to rate. Easy, anonymous, and a lot of trouble to get around if you just want to make someone look bad.
Old 02-02-10, 01:54 AM   #11
Justin2729

1/4 stick, That sounds like the best solution to me keep it anonymous.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 08:51 AM   #12
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Ok, sounds cool if folks don't use personal greivences against another member. That is my only problem with it. Never seen it in action though. See sometimes people get into it here, and i am afraid that it might spill over to something lie this. We ALL have dissagreements, but it shouldn't affect a person if and when they are wanting to sell something. I think there would have to be some very strict guidlines on this. What do you think Kevin?

I wouldn't think that would be much of a problem here. If I had a large enough grievance with someone here, I wouldn't buy from them.
As long as the seller doesn't misrepresent the item and ships quickly, it should work out fine

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.