Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-08, 11:55 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Sigh, I guess its time to call it. Barack Obama wins.

Yahoo has him with 220 electoral votes, and California is coming up. Someone has to post this topic I guess, so here it is. President-elect Obama.

Mama, put my guns in the ground.
Old 11-05-08, 12:08 AM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I wonder if George W is going to take all the W's off the keyboards in the White House??
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 02:04 AM   #3
cassidyta

I skipped the election coverage and went out to get a beer and a new tattoo. It felt more productive to me.
Old 11-05-08, 09:12 AM   #4
fish2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to fish2

Well who wants to go to Canada?
fish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 10:53 AM   #5
Bender

I was there yesterday and came home to vote. I'm wondering if I should have just stayed there.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 11:10 AM   #6
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm curious...when we are "spreading the wealth around" do I get to choose whose money i get?...'cause I would really like some of that cash Obama got for his book..that would be sweet! Also, when do I turn my freedom and guns in and is there a form I fill out & what's the cost....haha gotta love sarcasm!
Old 11-05-08, 01:03 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

obama wasn't my choice either, but now i guess we will just have to ride it out and see what happens. the one thing that really blows my mind is here in america, the land of plenty where we have everything and anything is possible........you are telling me that those 2 were my only choices? i mean come on huckabee was my man and i totally agreed with 90% of what he said and i never agree with that much of what politicians have to say. but in the end america didn't choose huckabee or even mccain so it looks like we are gonna have to cling tight to our guns and freedom for at least 4 years.
Old 11-05-08, 01:26 PM   #8
cassidyta

The only thing that really bothers me is to see any party have the white house and a majority in the house and senate. I would always prefer that one of the three be controlled by a differnt party. Actually, for me, the best would be to have the President and the House be controlled by different parties and then have the senate split between the two main parties with some independants thrown in there. I just like the idea of having checks and balances.
Old 11-05-08, 01:33 PM   #9
WTL

Cassidyta,

at the very least that is one reason it is a lock for the GOP to pick up seats in 2 years. Most Americans agree with you.
Old 11-05-08, 01:33 PM   #10
mont_lunker_hunter

I agree with ya Cassidy. Ya'll just remember to buy your guns used from an individual (no registration) and from now on lets refer to the Prez as the Commander and Chief...maybe in 4 years that will help folks make a wiser decision. I think people get too caught up in the campaign promises that they forget that. I never even heard it mentioned, did any of you??
Old 11-05-08, 01:49 PM   #11
cassidyta

Well, solely based off of where I live, I don't own any guns. Hell even the squirels out here are undersized. For me, I am more worried with finding places to hide my money from the Government
Old 11-05-08, 02:06 PM   #12
jcw1503

For me i am worried about loosing my health insurance.....my small company will have to increase their helath care plans, which they will probably end up dropping, so i have to go get my own, but hey i can buy into the governments, but since a lot more people will do that then my taxes gets raised to cover the bill, thus I will probably not going to be able to afford it because the government is taking even more of my money!!!!
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 02:30 PM   #13
mont_lunker_hunter

I'm sick and tired of hearing "First African American...". Wake up America...the dude is a mixbreed. I think the next 4 years will have a lot of people wondering why they voted their "feelings" rather than their brains. Also, I read on foxnews (yeah i know), that 95% of black voters voted for Obama. Here's my question...shouldn't that give us white folks a reason to shout "RACISM!"? IMO, anytime your views of a person (whether good or bad) is affected by the color of their skin, that is racism. Maybe white folks can now have all-white colleges, a NAAWP, a United Caucasion College Fund, food stamps, well fare, White History Month, etc. Maybe now we can start filing lawsuits over not being hired, being fired, getting pulled over by the po po, and pretty much any other time we don't get our way.

Sorry...just a thought.
Old 11-05-08, 02:53 PM   #14
JB

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 02:59 PM   #15
jcw1503

I am with you mont lunker hunter, i saw something similar to that too.....however, it was like 95-96 % of black voters voted for Obama and the white vote was 43-45% for Obama.....As i said before, if he is elected it would show the america is racist....

I agree one hundred percent, not too much more than black supporters for obama, with you.....
Old 11-05-08, 03:04 PM   #16
mont_lunker_hunter

sad
Old 11-05-08, 03:34 PM   #17
lowrider

what size shirt do you wear jcw?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stylinonline_2027_437559947.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2802  
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 03:37 PM   #18
jcw1503

I will take a size XXXL, to show how big some peoples head are about them voting on race.....and then a small to show the head size in a few years....can you make it express so i don't have to buy my dog another chew toy this week!!!!!
Old 11-05-08, 03:39 PM   #19
lowrider

don't get all f'd up about it...i didn't vote for him either. i just think you are an idiot and thought it would be funny to wind you up and watch you spin.
Old 11-05-08, 03:40 PM   #20
jcw1503

no its all good, but why you going to call me an idiot...just curious...humor me!!!!
Old 11-05-08, 03:46 PM   #21
lowrider

your rantings speak for themselves.

and since im fairly sure, judging by your frequent grammatical errors, that you don't fall into the "more than 250,000 a year" tax bracket. if you dislike him so much, i wonder if you will petition the irs to NOT lower your taxes?
Old 11-05-08, 03:57 PM   #22
tnfisherman

there goes this contry down the drain now
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 03:59 PM   #23
jcw1503

Let me see, i have been raised with my family in the military, multiple family membes( in which by luck my dad did not die when i was only 7 years old, so i take pride in my military and country, thus i take pride in the commander in chief...and also, where i come from and how i was raised standing up for what you believe in and voicing your opinion is considered a being a man and the american way.....also, if you are truley speaking form the heart instead of just trying to be a smart butt about stuff then grammatical errors do not matter, this is not school and i am not writing a paper....thus who in the world cares about grammer, only those who really do not care about the matter at hand.....So don't call me an idiot that just makes you look like a dumb butt...

Also, no i do not make 250,000 right now, but i will, and i have friends in thr IRS, i could actually get a job on their audit team, but i don't want to work that many hours in the week because i recently was married and alot of family health issues...so before you go open your mouth and say something stupid again about me being an idiot because when i am fired up about a subject i make grammer errors, stop think and look in the mirror and think stupid!!!!
Old 11-05-08, 04:03 PM   #24
doc

Ill take some of jcw1503s money please president Obama

ROFL
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:06 PM   #25
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
your rantings speak for themselves.

and since im fairly sure, judging by your frequent grammatical errors, that you don't fall into the "more than 250,000 a year" tax bracket. if you dislike him so much, i wonder if you will petition the irs to NOT lower your taxes?
Hey guys, we are all brothers (and sisters) here. No need to be rude to each other. Stereotyping someone because they perhaps aren't a good typist, or didn't excel in English class is uncalled for.

As for taxes, let's wait and see. Campaigners are notorious for running on one platform to get elected and then not following through. Obama did it himself when running for the Illinois Senate. He also obfuscated his platform. Sure, he said he's not going to raise taxes for 95% of Americans (nevermind that 95% of Americans don't even work), but what he didn't tell you is that's your income taxes. Go read his plan in detail about what he plans do do with Capital Gains taxes, Inheritance Taxes, Business Taxes and tell me YOUR taxes won't be affected.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.