Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-09, 11:27 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Who am I?

Got this in an email:

Who am I?

I was raised in one country but my father was born in another. I was not his only child. He fathered several children with a number of women. I became very close to my mother because my fat... I was raised in one country but my father was born in another.

I was not his only child. He fathered several children with a number of women.

I became very close to my mother because my father showed little interest in me. Then my mother died at an early age from cancer.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy and no one was able to produce a reliable birth certificate.

I grow up practicing one faith, but converted to Christianity because this was widely accepted in my country.

But I practiced non-traditional beliefs and did not follow mainstream Christianity.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and I embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.

It was clear to those who read my memoirs that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics when I was in my 30s and then burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office when I was in my 40s.

I had a virtually non-existent resume, very little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization.

Yet I was a powerful speaker who managed to draw incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy. I was critical of my country in the last war.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country's economy. I had a plan on how we could do better.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.

Mine was a peoples campaign.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support.

I offered the people the hope that together we could change our country and the world.

I spoke on behalf of the downtrodden including persecuted minorities such as Jews, but my actual views were not widely known until after I became my nations leader.

However, anyone could have easily learned what I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with. But they did not.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.

And the world learned the truth.

Sound familiar? Most people think it describes a certain leader of today. It was in fact written about a man who lived about 60 years ago. In Germany. You can probably guess the name.

Scary similarities, aren't they?

Fire at will.......
Old 06-03-09, 12:29 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

THAT'S SCARY!!!!
Old 06-03-09, 12:40 AM   #3
WTL

Reb, I dont know if you just read about the parallels I drew between the German Weimar Republic and today in the economy thread.

However I do think I should say not everything about the resume you posted above is bad at all, and just cause someone shares some background with a tyrant from the past doesnt mean he is a tyrant. It could be a little unfair to Obama to say that cause Hitler united the masses, Obama and his popularity is destined to end the same way.
Old 06-03-09, 08:35 AM   #4
Rebbasser

I did. That is what triggered the thought.
Old 06-03-09, 02:14 PM   #5
Bassboss

wow that was funny

Sounds familiar, but not all of it!
Old 06-03-09, 02:23 PM   #6
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
wow that was funny

Sounds familiar, but not all of it!

Which part didn't sound familiar?
Old 06-03-09, 02:28 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
Which part didn't sound familiar?
True, I sould say, true!

Quote:
However, anyone could have easily learned what I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with. But they did not.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.

And the world learned the truth
Old 06-03-09, 02:31 PM   #8
jcw1503

Quote:
True, I sould say, true!
I am dumbfounded, which part?
Old 06-03-09, 02:34 PM   #9
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
I am dumbfounded, which part?
I really don't wanna get into an augment; don't wanna get this thread closed just cause of some political disagreements.

Some are left, some are right, I'm one of the few (from what I can tell) left wings on here!
Old 06-03-09, 02:39 PM   #10
nofearengineer

Bass Boss, his writings and the people he associated with are matters of record. How people choose to interpret those things is the political part.
Old 06-03-09, 07:39 PM   #11
1/4 stick

All I know is I'm tired of seeing clips of that joker ordering cheesburgers.

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 06-04-09 at 09:35 AM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 08:47 AM   #12
jcw1503

Quote:
I really don't wanna get into an augment; don't wanna get this thread closed just cause of some political disagreements.

Some are left, some are right, I'm one of the few (from what I can tell) left wings on here!

Who was trying to start anything. You made a comment and I was trying to figure out what you meant. If you make a statement you always need to be able to explain it.
Old 06-04-09, 02:00 PM   #13
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:

I'm left too!!
Could call me "far left"!
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 02:02 PM   #14
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
I'm left too!!
Could call me "far left"!
so you're trying to say you aint right?

hehehehe... had to do it.
Old 06-04-09, 02:05 PM   #15
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
so you're trying to say you aint right?

hehehehe... had to do it.
Never said I was, but I believe the Pres. is! 10X smarter then the last!
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 04:43 PM   #16
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
Never said I was, but I believe the Pres. is! 10X smarter then the last!
That's not saying a lot. Personally I think all of them are crooks and snake oil pushers.
Old 06-04-09, 04:49 PM   #17
nofearengineer

Oh rats...I was gonna make a witty reply...but my teleprompter seems to be broken. I'll have to post later. I am so smart.
Old 06-04-09, 05:47 PM   #18
WTL

Quote:

I think its great that kids are involved in politics. I would suggest keeping an open mind over the next several years though.

Obama is smarter than Bush, but Bush wasnt dumb. None of these guys are exactly dumb. Sometimes the smartest guys in the room are the ones who make all the mistakes.
Old 06-04-09, 05:58 PM   #19
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Obama is smarter than Bush, but Bush wasnt dumb. None of these guys are exactly dumb. Sometimes the smartest guys in the room are the ones who make all the mistakes.
Yes, just because a guy isn't verbally eloquent doesn't make him dumb, and vice versa. Heck we had one president who literally was an Astrophysicist, which I'm preeettty sure means you are smart, but his presidency was a disaster.
Old 06-04-09, 06:23 PM   #20
NWOhioBear
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NWOhioBear

The most disgusting post I've read on the boards as of yet.

I am really not going to get into it here but to compare Obama to the greatest mass murderer in the history of the world is bull**** without a doubt.

If your that narrow minded because of the color of his skin well that says a lot more about you then him.
NWOhioBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 06:49 PM   #21
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioBear View Post

I am really not going to get into it here but to compare Obama to the greatest mass murderer in the history of the world is bull**** without a doubt.

If your that narrow minded because of the color of his skin well that says a lot more about you then him.
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? NOBODY SAID ONE WORD ABOUT RACE UNTIL YOU DID.

I think it was a good thing that we finally elected an african american, I just wish it would have been a guy who I agreed with. I bet Reb is the same way.

This racial paranoia has got to end.
Old 06-04-09, 07:01 PM   #22
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioBear View Post

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of redneck bass fishermen on here, and we believe "White is right" and all that.

Thanks for jumping to a quick and completely wrong judgement of everyone on here who is looking at our supreme commander with a critical eye.

By the way, in case you missed WTL's point, which I pray you haven't, most people in this country couldn't care less if our president is white, black, red, yellow, or chartreuse. If a white president had the same "qualifications" Obama does, and had made the same decisions, and had the same backstory, would you get offended by our racial discrimination against him?
Old 06-04-09, 07:18 PM   #23
WTL

To swipe a phrase from Obama, whose public speaking I do admire:

Let me be Clear:

There was another time when someone, because I disliked Obama's political ideas, thought I could be a racist. In truth, it bothered me to no end. Probably bothered me as much as anything I have ever heard said about me.

Racism as a belief system is about the dumbest, vilest thing I can imagine. In fact, it is almost unimaginable to me. In the past maybe I have joked around with it a little too closely precisely because I have no racial consciousness. I see the absurdity of racism and I naturally want to take a jab at it. My friends, many of them black, know this. I remember a specific incident from college when me and my roomate were hanging room decorations - one of which was a confederate stainless banner. Nick grabbed one end of the flag and I grabed the other and some push pins - we got on the couch, and pinned it up there. Just then another friend walked in and busted out laughing? Why? Because Nick, who was helping me hang my confederate flag, was black. And didnt care. And neither did I. You want to move to a post-racial society? Thats how. Be a good person. Be honest. And make fun of racism, because something so stupid deserves to be made fun of.

It is chilling to free speech and free ideas in OUR AMERICA that some people be made to feel like they are bigots merely because they disagree with the politics of a man who happens to be a different color than they are.
Old 06-04-09, 07:21 PM   #24
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
To swipe a phrase from Obama, whose public speaking I do admire:

Let me be Clear:

There was another time when someone, because I disliked Obama's political ideas, thought I could be a racist. In truth, it bothered me to no end. Probably bothered me as much as anything I have ever heard said about me.

Racism as a belief system is about the dumbest, vilest thing I can imagine. In fact, it is almost unimaginable to me. In the past maybe I have joked around with it a little too closely precisely because I have no racial consciousness. I see the absurdity of racism and I naturally want to take a jab at it. My friends, many of them black, know this. I remember a specific incident from college when me and my roomate were hanging room decorations - one of which was a confederate stainless banner. Nick grabbed one end of the flag and I grabed the other and some push pins - we got on the couch, and pinned it up there. Just then another friend walked in and busted out laughing? Why? Because Nick, who was helping me hang my confederate flag, was black. And didnt care. And neither did I. You want to move to a post-racial society? Thats how. Be a good person. Be honest. And make fun of racism, because something so stupid deserves to be made fun of.

It is chilling to free speech and free ideas in OUR AMERICA that some people be made to feel like they are bigots merely because they disagree with the politics of a man who happens to be a different color than they are.
Right on man I could not have said it better myself .

Jim
Old 06-04-09, 07:29 PM   #25
NWOhioBear
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NWOhioBear

He didn't post. "I disagree with Obama". He posted I compare Obama to Hitler. Think about it. I know thinking seems like a difficult concept for a lot of you so I'll save you the trouble of posting. If he would have posted he disagrees with Obama cutting down ammo and his gun laws so be it. If he disagrees with his allowing the bills that are ear marked to hell even after he declared he wouldn't do that I would have agreed.

If he disagreed with his foreign policy since it's so open handed I can handle that. He didn't do any of these things. I lost family in WWII fighting against Hitler and the Nazi party. I've seen pictures of the concentration camps my Great uncle brought home. I saw the tears in his eyes 60 years later when he told me about it.

Once again he didn't disagree with Obama's politics he compared him to Hitler. Maybe you are all just a bunch of racist folks far be it from me to tell you how to live. Just the people you associate with are a reflection of one's own character so I will no longer be associating with this forum.

Bear

P.S. I voted for McCain since I agreed with his policies much more then Obama's. Enjoy.
NWOhioBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.