Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-08, 07:20 PM   #1
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ol'fisherman
Unhappy god am i messed up or?????????????

man i hate me.....i have gone through three partners in 4 years.is it me.am i not good enough catching fish to hold on to a partner or what????Man i am so depressed right now.one partner just quit fishing and hasn't ever contacted me again.one partner who wined cried and b____ched all day long cause we didn't catch anything.and noow my newest partner says he can't afford to fish anymore.What,what,is it me????do i stink?do i not have enough knowledge to find some fish???God i hate me right now.maybe i should just give it up...not fish anymore.sell my boat and gear.sheesh,if someone could possibly explain it...let me know!!!!!!
ol'fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 07:56 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I don't think so, just haven't found the right person yet. I just started fishing seriously a couple years ago with about 50+ times on the water last year (8 of those competitive) and I don't have a "partner". I just have not fished with somebody that I am that comfortable with or those people already have a partner. Don't get me wrong, everybody that I have fished with has been great but maybe not with the same ideas or styles as me. I do learn something from every single new person on my boat though. Just keep searching like I am and I am sure somebody will come along.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:31 PM   #3
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I do learn something from every single new person on my boat though.
Yes, you do.

I vaguely remember that 6-pound Floroclear doesn't hold up to large pike. I also learned that Wonderland Marine batteries don't hold-up well to 30 MPH gusts.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:34 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Awww, but ol' fisherman, don't give up yet. There are other fish in the sea. you just need to get right back up on that horse and give it another shot! I'm sure its not you, its them.
Old 05-23-08, 10:19 PM   #5
bamabassman

it ain't you ol fisherman. it is them my friend. go solo for awhile. you may like ti better anyway. then if you start winning... someone will want to be your partner. see, then they can learn from you. and the way the economy is right now, i am sure that has alot to do with it as well. everyone is very tight right now. until the election is over with, i think it will get worse this summer. and then after we (not me personally), elect a dem for president, all heck will break loose i bet. so take it easy ol' , it will happen for ya. i promise it will.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 10:36 PM   #6
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhappy trying not to think it!!!!

as the title message says...trying hard not to think it but i'm telling ya it's hard as all get out and as you stated yourself bama,the eco. is why i hunting a partner...for a partner,a friend, a everything i'm not thinking of right now.i really really do set my heart on my fishing and it's almost as if they hold it against me cause they don't hook up or like my first t this year,we didn't catch diddly....it's really hard not to think it ain't me but AM TRYING.So down about it i went out and washed my piick-up while ago...IN THE DARK!!!oh well..i am gone try to go tommorow but thats gone be hard cause i have a STRONG feeling i would do well but can't afford the entry all by myself.besides,the money i have is put away for my TRUCK PAYMENT.OK WELL I stop boring ya'll and drink me a cold beer before bed time....three o'clock comes early.
Old 05-23-08, 10:43 PM   #7
bamabassman

where are you going fishing at? i too am going tomorrow. by myself too. i don't use the outboard much. i put in and troll right there. you ain't boring us either pal. we are here for one another, ok? when one of us gets down, the others pick him up, kick his arse if we have to and help him out. it ain't your fishing and not catching wither. the wife and i went this evening. i caught 1 bass (only hit i had). it was a 14" lm. wife caught 3 bream. and that was it man. the weather isn't helping this year so far. i am really startong to get concerned for the get together. too many fronts i think so far. i am probably wrong though. gonna try em in the am. i'll post a new post and show what we caught tomorrow. will show my 1 and her 3. and what ever i catch in the morning.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 10:45 PM   #8
Jim80

as everyone else has said man just give it time , eventually you'll find that dude that you can fish with but until then dude don't let it mess with your confidence because the loss of that is worse than not having a partner to fish with .
Old 05-23-08, 10:49 PM   #9
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Default thanks but keep holding me up!!!

thanks alot guys ya'll really do seem like ma nd it helps a bit.But STILL HARD.I will definately try.I will be fishing at lake eufaula...wish i could afford entry myself cause i just have that certain feeling you know what i mean.oh that's eufaula al btw.
Old 05-24-08, 04:57 AM   #10
zooker

good tourny partners are hard to find. there is some that are great in the back of the boat some are better in the front of the boat.. one thing i know is good partners are made when you spend alot of time fishing with them..tourny anglerin is differant than just fishing..

there is a lone wolf type guys who prefure fishing alone..i am one of these..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.