Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-08, 09:13 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default Bass Pro Shops, Wow!

Coming back from my cousins wedding in Chicago, I just had to blow my leftover money. Bass Pro in Portage, IN was quite the place to do it! I'd like to compliment them on thier organization and overall design of their store. That facility really put the KO on our local Cabela's.

Keithdog, you ever been there?

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 10:15 PM   #2
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ol'fisherman
Talking i agree!!!!

Buzz i would definately have to agree with you.Love the BAss Pro.i have one in prattville alabama close to me and i shop very much there when possible.definately wanna go back for a few things but gotta save a few pennies up again for a shopping spree...heheheheh....like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ol'fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 10:30 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i agree. bps is an awesum place. man's candy shop and bait monkey's den, lmao.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 11:39 PM   #4
keithdog

BUZZ! I wish I'd known you were passing through. I live about 20 minutes from Portage IN. It is a really nice BPS!!! But you should check out the Cabellas in Hammond your next time through. It's also a very nice place. Not quite as good as the Portage BPS, but very close.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 12:17 AM   #5
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We picked up a Sportsmans Warehouse and a Gander Mountain this year. That's on top of Dick's Sporting Goods, Wallyworld and a few local tackle shops. Now there's talk of opening up a BassPro Shop, too. If what we get is anything like the one in Concord, NC, I'm all for it. Ditto Ol' fisherman-- Just a big, honkin' candy store.

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 12:41 AM   #6
Raul

You know you have blown your last functional brain cell when you are willing to take a plane, fly two hours and spend 300+ dollars in the plane ticket + 220 dollars for a hotel room just to go and blow out some money to pay BPS a visit, needless to say how much you blow in tackle.

Been there done that ........ several times
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 08:12 AM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Buzzie, the dundee Cabela's makes my room look organized. I'd much rather go to the BPS up in Detroit. I can't wait till they get done with the one here in Toledo, it's supposed to be one of the really big ones. And guess what weekend it's opening.... yup, the Guntersville trip. We'll be missing the grand opening, but oh well, I'd just be spending more money I don't have.

BB
Old 05-27-08, 08:16 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by pignjig View Post
We picked up a Sportsmans Warehouse and a Gander Mountain this year. That's on top of Dick's Sporting Goods, Wallyworld and a few local tackle shops. Now there's talk of opening up a BassPro Shop, too. If what we get is anything like the one in Concord, NC, I'm all for it. Ditto Ol' fisherman-- Just a big, honkin' candy store.

-Pig
We've got Gander Mtn, but it's very small and mostly has walleye stuff being near the maumee river and lake erie. Our Dick's also has a crappy selection of fishing stuff, not just bass, fishing stuff period. And same goes for wallyworld, and the majority of their one small fishing isle is walleye stuff again. We've got a couple other small tackle shops including Jann's Netcraft. I love going in there. when they build the toledo BPS, it'll be about a 30 minuted drive (same as Cabela's), and I'd much rather go to bPS.

BB
Old 05-27-08, 04:00 PM   #9
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I'd much rather go to the BPS up in Detroit.\.

BB

Yup, and All the best pike tackle can be found in Little Rock Ar.

LoL, srry couldnt resist.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 04:16 PM   #10
Bass'n'cast

I love the portage BPS, Buzz did you see the huge waterfall that goes into the aquariam, One of those fish cost them more than $10,000. Anywho i hope the indiana baitmonkey didnt bite you too bad.
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 05:26 PM   #11
bamabassman

IF any of you guys ever go to gulf shores, alabama for a vacation. stop at the new bps in spanish fort. it has mostly salt water stuff, but it is nice as well. i go to the bps in seiverville, tn. about 3 hrs away. and yes raul. i go mainly to go to bps, hahahahahahaha. take the wife to gatlinburg, but i stay at bps. lmao.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 06:34 PM   #12
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass'n'cast View Post
I love the portage BPS, Buzz did you see the huge waterfall that goes into the aquariam, One of those fish cost them more than $10,000. Anywho i hope the indiana baitmonkey didnt bite you too bad.
Bad?

No!

Bad would be $300; $70 is pocket change to the Bait Monkey...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 10:27 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
IF any of you guys ever go to gulf shores, alabama for a vacation. stop at the new bps in spanish fort. it has mostly salt water stuff, but it is nice as well. i go to the bps in seiverville, tn. about 3 hrs away. and yes raul. i go mainly to go to bps, hahahahahahaha. take the wife to gatlinburg, but i stay at bps. lmao.
Great some place else for us to spend money. And we don't even have any salt water up here.

BB
Old 05-28-08, 11:06 AM   #14
pignjig

BigB- I'm with you. BPS smokes all our local stuff. Sportsmans Warehouse is the best we got right now, though. Dick's and Wal-Mart used to have a decent section but they've dropped off bad. Bring on BPS...
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.