Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-09-08, 11:50 PM   #1
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Texas

We should hold a member tourny in texas (sort of like the one held in GUNTERSVILLE). It would be alot of fun!
Old 06-10-08, 12:09 AM   #2
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

If we do, I vote for AMISTAD!!

It would be a fun thing though.

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 08:10 AM   #3
rrw4258

Now i see nothing wrong with Texas, and by all means I want to fish there but I think it should be somewhere more centralized in the middle of the country, so that way everybody has equal access, and myabe more people could attend. Just my 2 cents...

Ryan
Old 06-10-08, 11:00 AM   #4
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

with gas prices the way they are we may just have to do them regionally.

everbody will have their favorite suggestions in their home state, of course. but traveling to a state that touches yours won't kill the budget. i may be in if we do a north texas, south missouri, or north mississippi. just MY 2 cents
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 12:15 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
or north mississippi.
+100
I like that idea. Pickwick, baby!!!
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 12:42 PM   #6
Nitro911

I'm would be in for Amistad or Choke. If we get some folks from a little further north we could do something around Waco. If we get some interest out of the Houston area we could do Fayette or Coleto Creek or something that direction.

Have boat, will travel. The ONLY time diesel isn't over-priced is when it is used to carry me to a fishing spot....
Old 06-10-08, 02:17 PM   #7
lowrider

hey MB,

was looking at google map of where you are, i see that huge res right next to you but what is that fairly good sized one just to the northwest? from the air it looks ALOT like my local ( lake monticello ) by the way, my old man lives on the banks of Lake Chicot which is not far from halfway between us...
Old 06-10-08, 05:57 PM   #8
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
hey MB,

was looking at google map of where you are, i see that huge res right next to you but what is that fairly good sized one just to the northwest? from the air it looks ALOT like my local ( lake monticello )
Yeah, Ross Barnett Reservoir is a 10 minute trip for me to the boat ramp. It's really finicky fishing, though. There are some bass hawgs in it, and lots of crappie and catfish, but the stars have to align perfectly to catch any bass.
I'm not sure which reservoir or lake you're referring to. If you follow I-55 north from here, you've got Grenada, Sardis, and Enid lakes right off the interstate. I've never fished any of them before. The only lake of any size north west of here is Eagle Lake, which is right on the Mississippi River, and it's a lot more west than north. I've been there several times, and caught some good ones. That's also where I used to go handgrabbing years ago. Caught a 35 lb flathead there one time.
If you decide to head this way, like i think you were insinuating a little, let me know and I'll meet ya.
Old 06-10-08, 08:02 PM   #9
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

PLEASE DO IT GUYS AND GALS!! and if i can, i will for sure be there. the get together i helped put on here was the best time i have had in quite some time. it is a lot of work...BUT SOOOO WORTH IT! AND TRY TO GET THE ENTIRE FAMILY INVOLVED. we couldn't get the ladies here at this one, but if my wife is healed from her surgery, she says that she will be there. she had just as much fun as me. so start planning it.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 08:23 PM   #10
lowrider

come on to chicot, i gotta prefish it this weekend for a club tourney this weekend. planning for sunday
Old 06-10-08, 10:15 PM   #11
MississippiBoy

Got to, huh? Poor thing...
I gotta work Saturday, and am playing in the band at church Sunday. Plus, the wife let me off the hook last weekend to go fishing..I think two in a row would be pushing it. I appreciate the invite, though. If you ever end up over here in Mississippi, I'll see if my schedule (and wife) will let me meet you somewhere.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.