Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 03-21-10, 02:17 AM   #1
Strike_King 609
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default attn: NJ Fisherman who fish the Delaware River

hate to be the one to bring this up

but if you fish any tidal water salt or not you are going to have to register with NOAA, this year its free... but next year they say will cost about 20 to 25 bucks... and its required by federal law!!!!

yes it sucks i know

here is the link

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/
Strike_King 609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 08:35 AM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cool! Sounds like a good cause, and only 20, 25 bucks too!
Old 03-21-10, 08:33 PM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

When they start charging for it - it's in additon to the fishing license. And Bassboss you are the ONLY positive response I've seen in the last few months to this new Fed. Regulation. Those of us that fish tidal water are hoping the STATES that do not report to the Fed will begin doing so, to eliminate INDIVIDUALS from having to register and pay the outrageous fees. YOU did notice this applies to any angler fishing water that MAY hold species the Feds are interested in EVEN THOUGH those anglers will not be targeting them, but may have an incidental catch? Those of us that do fish tidal water will need to be careful who we take with us, like for a day trip, or a once a year outing, someone from out of town - ETC. Pretty restrictive in that the FEDS require an individual to be registered and you cannot purchase a BOAT REGISTRATION - unlike the fishing licenses issued by many of the States. I, as do many anglers that fish for largemouth and smallmouth bass in tidal water, are NOT at all happy with this new regulation.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-22-10 at 12:06 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 08:35 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Hilarious how they make it sound like they're going to be helping fishermen out....while taking over a billion dollars out of their pockets every year (40 million anglers x $25 each, annually).

Typical "control everything whether it really needs controlling or not" liberal mentality.

For any mentally-deranged fishermen who thinks this is a good thing...I hope I can be there on the day when they close your favorite fishing hole, and you have to put your fishing rods in the garage for the last time...just to hear you cry about how the Republicans and the evil corporations stole your hobby from you. You know you will.
Old 03-21-10, 08:54 PM   #5
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

nofear I am right with you on this! God bless thoughs liberals...............NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-10, 01:02 AM   #6
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

nofear... just a minor correction... its the liberal Democrats that want us to become PETA members and shut down anything that may potentially hurt any animal including fish...

I expect by the end of this a******s 4 years they will have attempted to pass legislation to raise any fishing license to something like $50 per month
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 06:30 AM   #7
nofearengineer

Screwball, I was merely stating how they will once again blame the wrong side when the bad results hit them.
Old 03-22-10, 11:17 AM   #8
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

ah ok gotcha!
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 01:55 PM   #9
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I knew that....................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.