Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-12, 09:33 AM   #11
RustyFender
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
I'll confess I'm disappointed in some here. Whining, Complaining and name calling about well deserved entitlements and/or helping the poor, hungry and disabled???

What about the billions spent in foreign aid to support governments and people that hate our stinking guts? What about the billions to bring democracy to hell holes like Iraq and Afghanistan? What about the zillion other ways that government works hard to waste money.

Years ago my wife became seriously ill and was bedridden for over two years. Denied twice, she was finally granted SSDI in federal court. We really didn't want SSDI, we wanted her life back...but we had to settle for less. She had worked for years prior, paying into the system. I don't consider it a handout, but rather a payback. It wasn't your money NFE, it was hers....just as my retirement isn't your money, it's a portion of mine being paid back. Unlike you, I fully expect to collect SS as social programs will be the very last to fail. Although being a baby boomer, I hope for the best and fear the worst.

> Lets cut foreign aid and pull the military out of foreign countries - we're not responsible for the world, only our part of it. We need to stay strong and make it understood that any foreign actions that threaten the global environment will not be tolerated, but we should no longer attempt to be the world police force.
> Lets more closely examine how/where our country spends money like drunken congressmen!
> Lets better educate our young (and older) people to better ensure their future and ours.
> Lets up the tariffs on foreign imports.
> Lets bring manufacturing and technological development back to America.
... I have some other more radical ideas (like legalizing, cleaning up and taxing the victim-less crime of prostitution), but I'll spare everyone - lol

AD
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this entire post, up until that last sentence. A person doesn't have to be bleeding and unconscious to be a "victim". I smell a Stossell fan. Perhaps you should encourage Abbey to consider this career. NOT

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.