Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-05, 07:45 AM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lake Erie BFL Buckeye

Well let's get it out of the way first and foremost I caught 0, and my boater caught 0

Weather was overcast when we started with pop-up thunderstorms expected , after lots of days with clear weather. I was driving there friday(5 hour drive), and the wind was blowing my Blazer around, and was sure hoping we wouldn't have that. Anywa the thunderstroms came in about 11am, and to that point my boater had caught 4 sheepheads, and lost a nice smallie about 3lbs when it jumped. I had hooked a fish, and got it halfway to the boat before I lost it. We ran into so shallows when the storm hit, and then went back out after it blew over. We fished water anywhere from 10' feet to 28' Dragging tubes, jig, gobie plastics, lizards. I used cranks, and spinnerbaits some, and used drop-shot, t-rig, mojo-rig, and c-rig. Partner used a jerk bait also. I was extremely dissapointed to say the least. We were in some nasty weather there for awhile, and got into some 4'-5' waves, that were not good on the back(ouch). My boater admitted from the beginning he didn't like Lake Erie or this type of fishing. We just didn't either fish the proper baits/techeniques or didn't find any active fish at all. There were a lot of fish brought in, the winning weight was in the 23lbs+ for the boater, and co-angler was 22lbs+ 61% of the co-anglers caught fish. I just didn't happen to be there catching them. I hopefully will change that the next tourney, still looking for my first smallie. Anyways as I was looking at the board, I noticed that the big bags, also had big bags for there partners for the most part. Meaning that both guys were catching some hawgs, so they were at the right spots. 2 boats brought in close to 40lbs between the boater, and co-angler That is where I hope to be next tourney. Still looking for any advice or tips, or maybe a good spot to catch some

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.