Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-26-05, 08:45 PM   #1
C.H.I.P.

Default Ghost Baits

Hey dudes...

I order a majority of my baits from independent tackle makers these days.Today, I received a large order of soft plastics from Jim at Ghost Baits.

I am a SENKOHOLIC!!! I must say that these Ghost Bait plastics are soft soft soft!, the smell is like a soft plastic should be, and I cant wait to fish them! I have NO PROBLEMS fishing these sticks!

So many handmade soft plastics are trimmed and a little sloppy. These were mold crisp! Georgeous!

So before you wonder... nope I have nothing to do with Ghost Baits, never met Jim except through my order, and have no stake what so ever in HIS business. I am just one tickled customer that cant wait to use these lures!

Check out his site: http://www.ghostbaits.com

Here is one of each from my order!

By the way... my photo is poor... the colors are beautiful, no runs, and right on what I ordered!

Jim! I will put another order together soon!

Chip
Old 09-26-05, 08:57 PM   #2
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Looks like great lures! Might have to look into getting a few..........
Old 09-26-05, 09:28 PM   #3
KH.

what wa the price
Old 09-27-05, 04:29 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That guy was giving away free samples a couple months ago. Never got one but they look killer then and now.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 04:43 PM   #5
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Man that is some good lookin bass food.........
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 07:36 PM   #6
Fishie

I use his baits and they really work good for me!
Old 10-01-05, 07:06 PM   #7
pig n jig

I bought the Ghost bait sweet beaver knock offs, and I did not like them at all. The colors were nice , but thats where it ended in liking them.They don't work as well as the original baits. I will buy the real sweet beavers or even the Gambler Ugly Otter baits from now on.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 09:16 PM   #8
Fishie

Yeah I have never fished the originals but I caught some good fish on those baits. Hometown Hand poured baits makes one that is a little more similar to the original because it is flat on the one side just a little. I used those for the tourney and I got 3 today out fishing on them. They are a nice bait and they have good action. I just don't know how they would compare to the originals because I have not fished those yet.
Old 10-01-05, 09:38 PM   #9
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
I bought the Ghost bait sweet beaver knock offs, and I did not like them at all. The colors were nice , but thats where it ended in liking them.They don't work as well as the original baits. I will buy the real sweet beavers or even the Gambler Ugly Otter baits from now on.P N J
I have caught fish on both the Ghost baits, and Original Sweet/Smallie beavers. I haven't noticed any difference in the catch rate. I have not used the Ugly Otter's though, sounds like my kinda bait though The biggest difference I've noticed is the Ghost baits GLIDE through the water more, and the Sweet Beavers(actually I prefer the SMALLIE Beavers) fall more straight down with more vibrations due to being zippered styled on both sides. I would think that one would out perform the other in cetain circumstances, but I still like both baits. I do think the Ghost baits are a little softer, which helps on getting hooksets IMO. I also know the Ghost baits are cheaper to buy, but that isn't why I use them, they have caught fish for me. My preferred use for the Beavers/Ghost is pitching and flipping.

Lizards
Old 10-01-05, 09:43 PM   #10
KH.

i can tell they catch fish
Old 10-02-05, 03:59 PM   #11
Fishie

The glide can be better that the fall strait down sometimes and dying shad often glide more and craws do too.
Old 10-02-05, 07:57 PM   #12
pig n jig

Well its not like I didn't catch fish on them,I have caught some decent fish on them, I just don't like the unfinished side on them. The pour seems to be good as far as the air in the plastic makes it stand up like a crayfish in a defensive position, but the unfinished side makes them thin, rendering them useless after just one fish.The appendages seem to tear off easily, which allows me to save the body and shave it thinner with a razor blade before fusing it to another bait so the profile is complete and fatter, but not too fat. It also gives you a two tone bait. I would like to see what Mac10 could do to the bait. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.