Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-08, 09:14 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default KCMO area guide service.... Coming soon!!!

It is offical fewer people are going to ozarks as result of high gas prices. I thaught because of my local knowledge that i would start a fishing float trip service on the local rivers. Like the Missouri River, Shoal Creak, Little Blue river & The fish'n river. Maybe more people will see that the same kind of action can be found locally. I think i will set my prices cheap. But high enough i could make a few bucks at the same time. I mean i'm on the water every week-end any wise. Why not bring some people along & make a buck. But what would be a fair price for a day of fishing. I can put people on the fish.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 09:55 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

With gas prices the way they are, you'd be good if you charge them enough to cover your gas. Then you've goyt some fishing partners and a free tank of gas.
And don't forget the tip. They should tip you.

BB
Old 06-03-08, 11:59 AM   #3
MIbasser

I would try to find a local canoe shop (if you have one around) and find out what they charge for a 4 or 6 hour float. Then add a little more for your service. That might be a good starting point. I would also have a few extra bags of worms or your bait of choice for them as well.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 01:51 PM   #4
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

canoe shops...
Old 06-03-08, 02:14 PM   #5
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

guides here in Florida avg 350.00 for an 8 hour trip live bait not included
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 03:18 PM   #6
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
It is offical fewer people are going to ozarks as result of high gas prices. I thaught because of my local knowledge that i would start a fishing float trip service on the local rivers. Like the Missouri River, Shoal Creak, Little Blue river & The fish'n river. Maybe more people will see that the same kind of action can be found locally. I think i will set my prices cheap. But high enough i could make a few bucks at the same time. I mean i'm on the water every week-end any wise. Why not bring some people along & make a buck. But what would be a fair price for a day of fishing. I can put people on the fish.
Moose! You will be surprised just how much you can achieve by following your dream. Your dream is the secret to you being successful. The satisfaction of your clients, customers must always be of deepest concern and then the pricing will find it‘s place in your endeavor. Dream big, aim high and eventually you will have lots of floaters fly-fishing with your “ lilmoosecountry Logo“ etched on their equipment.. Good luck … Carpy
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 04:26 PM   #7
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

In Michigan, you need a guide license to accept money from anyone whom you took out on the lake. Officially, it is ilegal if I offered money to someone who took me fishing.

Make sure you have that if one is needed in Missouri.

-Buzz

P.S. - Good Luck!
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 04:40 PM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

At this point it's a dream. But as i move forward i will take care of all license requirements. Just as i have done as a loyal & faithful fishermen here in missouri.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.