Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-09-08, 11:08 PM   #1
tpttooter946
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Kayaks

I'm thinking about getting a kayak to fish on Lake West Point and the Chattahoochee River with. I like the design and price of the Pelican Castaway.

http://www.pelicansport.com/index.ph...way116dlxgreen

Do guys have any other suggestions that might be better than this one?

I saw this one at a Sports Authority in my area. $449.99
Old 06-10-08, 10:39 AM   #2
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Tooter,

I have a Ocean Kayak Malibu Two. It is a tandem/solo kayak, and I love it. I have mine rigged with a ff/depth finder, rod holders, gps, livewell, etc. Did all of this without one hole in the yak from drilling. Check out http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com . Even if your not from texas, they will definatly help you out on your choice of kayak. I personally have no experiance with pelican Kayaks, but have heard some down sides... Just give the site a browse on the forum.

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 10:54 AM   #3
Bass'n'cast
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i remember looking at dicks sporting goods and saw this awesome kayak, it has two extra little tubes that stuck out from each side so it looks like a Y, and the tubes are retractable for moving. I wish i remembered the name maybe someone else does. oh and also check out malibu kayaks there pretty sweet.
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 01:31 PM   #4
Snake2715
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I run a pelican for rec kayaking and fishing out of. I also have a boat so those people on this site that frown on kayak fishing, some of us respect the boats and the rite aways.

Anyway I love fishing from the yak and the Father in Law just purchased two for them, but already we have fished 3-4 times out of them. You can really get where no other boat gets and I have had some decent success with them.

The only downside is the storms can sneak up on you and you are really somewaht stranded if that happens.

Good luck.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.