Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-08, 05:04 PM   #26
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Serious? Never.

More involved to where I am actually trying to understand what I am doing in an attempt to catch more and bigger bass which as a result has caused me to spend more money? 6 months ago
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 07:25 PM   #27
cassidyta

I don't want to sound too philosophical, but getting serious comes and goes for me based on the situation. When it is me and two friends out on the boat and all we have to show for it is the bragging rights over who landed the biggest, then I get rather serious about it. When it is me watching my children fish, then not so much. I have fished all over the world for both fun and money, but at the end of the day just kicking back and watching my 5 year old struggle with a dink is far more rewarding than any serious fishing I ever did.
cassidyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 09:36 PM   #28
Bender

For me about 3-4 years ago. I fished a lot with my dad when I was young for bass in the strip mine ponds of eastern Ohio then drifted away from it pretty much until I was looking for a hobby. I went to the local tackle shop and got a rod and reel and shore fished a little bit. Then I tried fly fishing from the bank of the small local river, attempting to teach myself. I gave that up quickly and a friend gave me an old beater jon boat. I put a trolling motor on it and that was fun for a while, then another friend sold me his 16' aluminum bass boat with a 40 on it and that was fun for a while. A little over a year ago I got an 18 1/2' glass boat and have put it to good use averaging 3-4 days a week on the water. Fishing a lot really keeps me out of trouble and calms me down.
Now I am at a point where I am going to have to cut back because I never see my wife and it is taking its toll. But I am sure that there will be some balance that we can work out.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 10:41 PM   #29
big lunker
BassFishin.Com Member

Cool

i've been fishing a fairly good sized pond and been having some luck with the bass stoppers worms any other sugestion's i'm thankful.the pond is about 25 foot deep clear with alot of tall weeds with a gravel bottem hardley any cover from trees.really big bass in there...10 to 15lbs
big lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 11:01 PM   #30
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Good question made me think!

But after thinking about it ... I fish for the thrill of catching fish it never really changes. What really keeps me in it is that Im always trying to learn new things and take my skills to a different level, not to compete with anyone but, in a way to challenage myself. I also enjoy teaching my friends. I always find myself reading articles online,posting questions on this forum all in an effort to learn new things. The way I see it fishing has kept me out of alot of bad things, when im mad or sad. I go fishing, just the outdoors alone kinda takes my mind off things and thats how it has always been and well always be.
Old 07-14-08, 11:08 PM   #31
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The more srious I get, the more pissed off I get. We have all had those days where something goes wrong early, you are pushing it, and then you get into a bad mood and everything goes south. I avoid those at all costs by allowing myself to reset my frame of mind all throughout the day. It is a blessing to be alive and to be able to fish, and from that realization I am able to calm down and focus on little things. Ultimatly, being less serious allows me to catch more fish.
Old 07-14-08, 11:20 PM   #32
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
The more srious I get, the more pissed off I get. We have all had those days where something goes wrong early, you are pushing it, and then you get into a bad mood and everything goes south. I avoid those at all costs by allowing myself to reset my frame of mind all throughout the day. It is a blessing to be alive and to be able to fish, and from that realization I am able to calm down and focus on little things. Ultimatly, being less serious allows me to catch more fish.
That's too true here as well.

Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 08:08 AM   #33
fishing man
BassFishin.Com Member

i got really serious when i was around 3-4 years ago around when i was 13. i just started competitions this year.
fishing man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 03:16 PM   #34
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My dad had me fishing when I was 3-4. He was in a club and he tagged me along for member/guest tourneys when I was around 8. I've always been pretty hardcore about it. My brother and I have been tournament fishing together now for about 6 years. Tournament fishing is my "Crack Cocaine"! LOL That and deer hunting is what's probably kept me out of trouble all my life. If I didn't have fishing and hunting to do I'd be a bigger "BUM" then I already am!!
Old 07-16-08, 03:59 PM   #35
Snake2715
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
I've always been pretty serious about fishing.....Fishin is pretty much what I love, (cost me a LOOOT of money, and a coupla girlfriends) and it's kinda always been that way. I don't care what type, I just love being on the bank or the water, alone or with some buddies or family, and I can fish all day, with or without a bite. Just somethin about tryin real hard to outsmart an animal with a brain the size of a walnut

Thats a good way of looking at it!
Do they even use their entire brain? Seriously.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.