Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-08, 06:08 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Fishing Cabinet.

I'vebeen asking my dad to build us something to hold our good rods since I got my first good rods two years ago. And nothing. Now since he's got a G-Loomis, he comes home one day to tell me he's building a fishing cabinet to put our rods in... (of course)

And I knew in the beginning, it wasn't going to be simple. And I was right! And my dad's been asking me to put some pictures of it up so you guys can see it. So here it is, it 6' wide by 8' tall. On half has shelves for tackle boxes and such and a drawer for papers, maps, etc. The other half is the rod locker part.

The shelf side. Still got some tools and clutter, this side's not done yet.

Here's the rod locker half. But instead of making it simple, with some indents on the bottom for rod butts, and something on the wall to hold the rod, he had to build this "cage" like thing, that he had to put on drawer sliders so the rods would be "easier to get to". (he just did it cause it looks cool.)

Here's it pulled out. (I have ot admit, it is pretty cool)

BB

P.S. Cabinets will be for sale in the future*.

*cabinets will be constructed to chinese sweat shop standards and most likely be made from warped mdf. sliding rod rack is not an option. MSRP: $2,595 Tax not included. a $98.25 tax will be added for all sales in the continental U.S. Also Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and most other countries. Can be picked up at a very inconvient location or shipped FedUP (the result of the merger of FedEx and UPS) ground to any location for a small fee of $875.00** Product should be recieved in 2-3 business months. No returns will be accepted after payment is made. Also, please allow 4 business months for products ot be assembled, and then disassembled for shipment. There will be no garuntee of the building instructions to be in English or make any sense whatsoever.
**A 12 dollar extra charge will be added to shipping for the oversized load.

lol.
Old 11-20-08, 06:21 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Anthony, you do know your dad can log on here and see what you wrote about him, right?...just wonderin'.

That is a very cool cabinet, though. And the sliding thing adds just the right touch of panache to the whole project. Very well done.

Oh, and as soon as I sell my truck, I'll send a check for a cabinet of my own.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 06:50 PM   #3
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
P.S. Cabinets will be for sale in the future*.

*cabinets will be constructed to chinese sweat shop standards and most likely be made from warped mdf. sliding rod rack is not an option. MSRP: $2,595 Tax not included. a $98.25 tax will be added for all sales in the continental U.S. Also Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and most other countries. Can be picked up at a very inconvient location or shipped FedUP (the result of the merger of FedEx and UPS) ground to any location for a small fee of $875.00** Product should be recieved in 2-3 business months. No returns will be accepted after payment is made. Also, please allow 4 business months for products ot be assembled, and then disassembled for shipment. There will be no garuntee of the building instructions to be in English or make any sense whatsoever.
**A 12 dollar extra charge will be added to shipping for the oversized load.

lol.
bb
have you been takin lessons from some of our salesmen??

sorry not intrested though.. not enough room to hold 1/2 the tackle i got ..

zooker
Old 11-20-08, 07:35 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

MB, I already told him he over complicated it, and he agrees. But it is really cool. Can't wait to get the other half done and get the tackle boxes out the boat.

Zook, nope, no lessons. And if I Don't know if we've got enough room for all our stuff. The rod rack is 3/4 full, but if we get more good rods, we'll store the ones we don't use somewhere else. As for the shelves, we've got a lot of my grandpa's tackle that we inhereted, my dad's and mine to put in there. This doesn' include spools of line, bags of soft plastics, and our musky lures.

That's one problem with fishing for a lot of different species.

BB
Old 11-20-08, 08:04 PM   #5
bassboogieman

Nice job, much nicer (not to mention secure) storage than just a simple rod rack.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 08:12 PM   #6
bamabassman

LOOKS FANTASTIC ANTHONY!!! yea, getting more stuff requires more storage,lol. so.....kingfish, ya gotta go ahead and start on another set,hahahaha. and then another, an another........

looks really good, i like the design alot.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 09:04 PM   #7
bcklash

bb, that's nice -- very cool cabinet, I love it.
Old 11-20-08, 09:11 PM   #8
Wishing2BFishing

I love the sliding rod racks. They are cool.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 02:25 AM   #9
Bender

That sliding part is really great! What did you use to clip all of the rods in place?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 04:22 AM   #10
islandbass

That's cool. I would highly recommend making securing the closets with locks. You never know if a bunch of little kids at a family gathering will decide to play hide and seek in the closet housing the rods.
Old 11-21-08, 10:47 AM   #11
woody

Thumbs up

BB, your dad is quite the craftsman, from the pictures that you have posted on this site, from what I can tell, it seems to be some really good work. It looks like your dad must work with his hands alot.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.